R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-21-2007, 07:45 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

I have been running the Jammin 21 for awhile now. It has 3+ gallons on it, and still running strong. It even still ahs a great thump. If you run a JP3, it smoothes out the powerband. I run a JP3 with a 7mm restrictor, and get 8-8 1/2 per tank. I will not hesitate to buy another one! Great engine!
"Smiley" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #17
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to RACING MASON

Great thread, thanks to all for some good info. Its nice when a person ask for an opinion and you don't try to car sales them into the motor that only you run.
Revo
CEN Matrix TR FRE
RACING MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:15 PM   #18
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Who makes the Jamin motors????
I read a track report in Xtreame Cars and was a RTR CRT.5 with a Jamin motor in it. What i did notice is the block had a Force motor logo on the block and Carby..
What are your thoughts????
MadRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:17 PM   #19
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRacer View Post
Who makes the Jamin motors????
I read a track report in Xtreame Cars and was a RTR CRT.5 with a Jamin motor in it. What i did notice is the block had a Force motor logo on the block and Carby..
What are your thoughts????
Picco makes the Jammin motors....... a Jammin JPX 21 is a Picco P7R EVO2..a Jammin JPX .28 is a P3 28......
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:27 PM   #20
Tech Master

Yeah i noticed the Jammin .12 is made by Force .. Havent seen the .21 yet ..
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
MassiveMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
the Jammin JPX 21 is a rebadged Picco P7R EVO 2.......excelent motor with a huge broad powerband..it has alot of bottom end and a killer top end..Judging from dyno results the Picco has the bottom end of the Go5 port and the top end of the Go7 port all rolled into one...... Now of course results are also very dependent on tuned pipe used..a JP2 will kill this motor dead, so will a Picco 069................I really like both the Go and the Picco engines... but I do think the Picco has a little nicer machining and material quality, as well as a slight performance advantage .. also the Go piston is cast, while the Picco piston is billet..

Both the Picco and the Go have similar carb issues, both often needing to have the carb barrel sealed to the main body...where the composite and aluminum meet it is prone to leakage when the aluminum gets heat soaked and tolerances change.......... Most people didn't even realise the Picco's also leak like this which can lead to tuning nightmares....the Go engines leak the exact same way... another issue with the Picco carbs is the slides sometimes bind up when heat soaked, so sometimes it takes some sanding and polishing to get the slides working free and smooth.

All in all both are great motors, i will be running both this season... My Picco as my main engine and my Go as my backup, at least till I test the modded 7 port Go !!!

Overall for modding I can see the Go 7 port having more power potential then either the EVO2 or the Go 5 port... which is saying alot as the modded P7R EVO2 is absolutely bonkers for a .21..I really like the 3 port MES style exhaust the 7 port has.... with some modding the 7 port will be a big winner.......not to mention the 7 port makes huge power with relatively conservative port timing...IMO there is alot more power to be wrung for the 7 port....
Nice write up Neal. I agree with alot of your views on this as always. But the GO making more then the Picco after modified I would have to see for myself Definitly not saying it wouldnt... As it all depends on who gets there hands on that engine to modify it. As you know this makes or breaks and engine. And you as I also know it takes more then just raising port timings higher to make power or just putting some nice pretty cuts on the sleeve or crank and polishing it up all pretty. You have to know where when and how much to alter timing profiles. And dyno data is the best way to go about this and gain this knowledge.