R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-12-2008, 12:49 AM   #121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

dj that little thing is a monster...you killed this past weekend...soon i'll have mine so i can chime in on the fun
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:39 AM   #122
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default TRACK

HERES A SHOT OF MY CAR AT THE TRACK
Attached Thumbnails
PICS OF YOUR RC NITRO OFF-ROAD CARS-car.jpg  
BKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:11 AM   #123
Tech Rookie

my hyper 7 pics 3days after i got it.
and a pic after upgeades

HyperLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:55 PM   #124
Tech Regular

Here are my Losi's. Haven't got any recent action shots cause I am usually the one taking them. Can't drive and use a camera.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS OF YOUR RC NITRO OFF-ROAD CARS-img_1969.jpg   PICS OF YOUR RC NITRO OFF-ROAD CARS-img_1970.jpg  
BOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:54 PM   #125
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

heres my Hellfire basher
Attached Thumbnails
PICS OF YOUR RC NITRO OFF-ROAD CARS-103_1074.jpg  
Roadrash730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:21 PM   #126
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
Pictures of my Cen Matrix FRE

I'll post pictures of my TR Arena when my new lid is painted.
1. damn thats a nice car.

2. whats with your suspension, why does it have those little piggy backs on them? what kind of suspension is that?

3. wheres you get those suspension covers from?

3. whats with all the fuel line going everywhere?

4. why so many fuel filters? i have 1 on my mugen and i find its useless, not like dirt or stuff gets into my gas tank/jug. and isint there already a filter in the gas tank? 2 more filters isint a little bit "overkill"?

5. whats that little needle thing on your carb for?
Mugen MBX-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:30 AM   #127
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Those appear to be CEN shocks....off the CEN genesis or somethin.....shock socks can be had at Amain...just look under Shockwears...and the fuel line and filter's....Some guys think the more the better...or the more line they have the more time on the roof they have for slow marshalls...its somewhat true...but can also lead to other issues...for example i can see the fuel line touching the pipe in 2 places..and the motor in 1...so .when running...thats superheating the fuel right before it enter's the carb...which can lead to tuning issues..extra fuel filter's can be put on if u dont think your line is long enuff to hold 150Cc's....tanks arent made to hold EXACTLY 125cc-150cc...they are ushally under by like 5cc's or somethin. so ushally 1 filter will bring u back up to 125cc's 2 filter's will put u over 125...and the clock lookin thing on the highspeed is for help when tuning...to not go Overkill on the adjustments...basically a little clock to remember where the needles are.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:40 AM   #128
Tech Lord

Send a message via MSN to Integra

Those appear to be CEN shocks....off the CEN genesis or somethin.....shock socks can be had at Amain...just look under Shockwears...and the fuel line and filter's....Some guys think the more the better...or the more line they have the more time on the roof they have for slow marshalls...its somewhat true...but can also lead to other issues...for example i can see the fuel line touching the pipe in 2 places..and the motor in 1...so .when running...thats superheating the fuel right before it enter's the carb...which can lead to tuning issues..extra fuel filter's can be put on if u dont think your line is long enuff to hold 150Cc's....tanks arent made to hold EXACTLY 125cc-150cc...they are ushally under by like 5cc's or somethin. so ushally 1 filter will bring u back up to 125cc's 2 filter's will put u over 125...and the clock lookin thing on the highspeed is for help when tuning...to not go Overkill on the adjustments...basically a little clock to remember where the needles are.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:22 PM   #129
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
are those shocks a lot better than normal ones or what?

where do you get that clock thing, is it pretty helpful or no? this is the first and only times ive ever seen one...

and whats the point of the line going from your muffler to the gas tank cap. can you run your car without that?? is that why i ALWAYS have smoke in my gas tank when im done running it?
Old 02-14-2008, 12:41 PM   #130
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=whats the point of the line going from your muffler to the gas tank cap. can you run your car without that?? is that why i ALWAYS have smoke in my gas tank when im done running it?[/QUOTE]

Are you sreious???? Take it off and see how far you get. How do you think the fuel gets to your carb? You need the pressure line to push fuel where you need it most.
BOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #131
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Mixing work with play.......

MattP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #132
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen MBX-5 View Post
1. damn thats a nice car.

2. whats with your suspension, why does it have those little piggy backs on them? what kind of suspension is that?

3. wheres you get those suspension covers from?

3. whats with all the fuel line going everywhere?

4. why so many fuel filters? i have 1 on my mugen and i find its useless, not like dirt or stuff gets into my gas tank/jug. and isint there already a filter in the gas tank? 2 more filters isint a little bit "overkill"?

5. whats that little needle thing on your carb for?
The piggy backs are the reservoirs from a Cen Genesis/Nemesis/GST. Have you ever been in a long main or race and noticed during or after the race, that your suspension feels/is a lot softer than when you started the race? Beacuse of the piston and shaft moving in and out of the shock body, the fluid starts to thin. The piggy back shocks having the extra fluid in the reservoirs helps keep the suspension constant throughout the race.

I recently changed the routing of my fuel line (shortened it) but the reason I had so much line was because I saw a few drivers who had alot more fuel line than I currently had in this picture. Their was even one driver who had his line wrap around his fuel tank and engine about three times. After seeing how long their run times were I lengthened mine.

I have two fuel filters to help keep fuel in the line when I'm on my lid. This is really helpfull if you run shorter race legal line.

The shock covers are from Shock Wears.. I got them on e-bay. They are really for looks. I didn't like the way the dark blue shock springs looked with my paint scheme so I ordered a set a put them on. Some say they help keep dust and dirt out of your shocks.

I'll post another picture of my buggy to show the new fuel line routing when I get the chance.

You need the pressure line coming from your pipe to the fuel tank. The pressure from the pipe forces the fuel to the carb. Without the pressure line your not going to get any fuel to your engine.

The dial on the High Speed Needle if from http://www.rchardware.com/
I like to use the dial beacuse it helps me keep track of my settings. Once you have the dial zeroed, you can make any adjustment you like and still be able to return it back to where you initially had it running (returned to zero). If you order a dial, tell Mark that Edgar sent you. He'll take care of you.

Last edited by Tree; 02-14-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:34 PM   #133
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
The piggy backs are the reservoirs from a Cen Genesis/Nemesis/GST. Have you ever been in a long main or race and noticed during or after the race, that your suspension feels/is a lot softer than when you started the race? Beacuse of the piston and shaft moving in and out of the shock body, the fluid starts to thin. The piggy back shocks having the extra fluid in the reservoirs helps keep the suspension constant throughout the race.

I recently changed the routing of my fuel line (shortened it) but the reason I had so much line was because I saw a few drivers who had alot more fuel line than I currently had in this picture. Their was even one driver who had his line wrap around his fuel tank and engine about three times. After seeing how long their run times were I lengthened mine.

I have two fuel filters to help keep fuel in the line when I'm on my lid. This is really helpfull if you run shorter race legal line.

The shock covers are from Shock Wears.. I got them on e-bay. They are really for looks. I didn't like the way the dark blue shock springs looked with my paint scheme so I ordered a set a put them on. Some say they help keep dust and dirt out of your shocks.

I'll post another picture of my buggy to show the new fuel line routing when I get the chance.

You need the pressure line coming from your pipe to the fuel tank. The pressure from the pipe forces the fuel to the carb. Without the pressure line your not going to get any fuel to your engine.

The dial on the High Speed Needle if from http://www.rchardware.com/
I like to use the dial beacuse it helps me keep track of my settings. Once you have the dial zeroed, you can make any adjustment you like and still be able to return it back to where you initially had it running (returned to zero). If you order a dial, tell Mark that Edgar sent you. He'll take care of you.
no ive never driven a race or noticed how my suspension gets softer, i just bash around, i cant believe that makes that much of a difference..

its so you can stay running longer when youre upside down eh, thats pretty smart. and the idea of having lots of tube sounds good, i remember seeing somewhere where you could buy extra large fuel tanks? like 200cc and stuff, was i just seeing things or do those actually exist somewhere? id like to be able to hold like 250cc or more.

those shockwears sound like a good idea, the blue springs dont match on my white and grey mugen so im gonna have to take care of that.

i wasnt really using my head when i asked about the fuel line question :s

is that needle for people who change the tune very often? i think my lrp is still on stock settings and it seems to work fine, i dont like screwing around with the needles cuz im scared i wont get it back to where i had it before. i have a temp gun now so im gonna start using that to tune, whats an ideal temp supposed to be?

thanks.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:47 PM   #134
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Most people like to keep their temps between 220-280. When I first got into nitro I somehow got it in my head from a local that I needed to have every engine as close to 250 degrees as possible.

I eventually learned that wasn't true at all. While 250 is a good temp it's definitely not the "magic" temperature. The key is to pay close attention to your engine. Watch and make sure it has a nice steady stream of smoke at ALL rpm's. Listen to what it does and you will eventually learn how to tune it by ear only. If it starts to burble upon acceleration then it's rich. If it starts to cut out then it's lean.

Every engine is different and many factors play a role. Air temp, humidity, glow plug selection, pipe and sometimes even clutch will play a role in how an engine runs. General rule of thumb is to richen when it's colder outside and to lean when it's warmer outside. Make all adjustments in small 1/16 turn increments. Make a few passes after each adjustment as well so the engine can get used to the new needle setting.

It won't take you long with experimenting and you will have a good knowledge of engine tuning.........
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #135
Tech Regular

allright, cool, thanks for that info.

mines running very good right now and its still factory settings, and its very cold outside.

ill have to start tuning it once it gets warm out, its still way too cold here.

and i noticed you buy from carolinas and amain... can you tell me the difference between the 2 reward programs? which one is better?

i only buy from carolinas and wanna see if amain has a better reward program or not.