here are old ones but good ones

Tonys Screws- Keeps you from getting screwed
Byrons Fuel- Makes the RC world go round
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:57 PM   #272
gfx
Tech Adept

A pic of my CRT.5:

Last edited by gfx; 04-23-2008 at 08:25 AM.
gfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:17 AM   #273
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Dave_x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
+2...any real racer likes to keep there machine in TIP TOP condition....A dirty truck is definatly not a happy truck
yep i hear ya, i strip my car down when ever its not bein used and clean it, crc is excellent on plastic parts
Old 04-23-2008, 04:44 AM   #274
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoajoe View Post
It's called cleaning them after a race day.
I dont race, I just bash around, In the dirt, sand, gravel, grass, cement, anything. How often do you clean them? How long does it take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
+2...any real racer likes to keep there machine in TIP TOP condition....A dirty truck is definatly not a happy truck
Im not a racer. I dont even take "rcing" seriously, I just bought it one to have fun, I didnt even know there were organized events for rc cars!

My buggy is dirty, its also happy

I just hate how I have to order parts and wait for 2 weeks just for a 2$ part!!!!
new to rc cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:49 AM   #275
Tech Fanatic

well yes parts can be an issue sometimes and i hear ya, i have had the smae problem down in adelaide with one of my rc's, i strip my truck and road car down everytime i use it, and for the monster truck it usually takes me between an hour to 2hrs, depending on whether i want to re lube the diffs or not, i just like to keep my cars clean, i realise that the trucks are off-road cars and believe me i give the a hard time, i just like to see them on the shelf in my room nice and shiny every time after use
Old 04-23-2008, 05:01 AM   #276
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_x8 View Post
well yes parts can be an issue sometimes and i hear ya, i have had the smae problem down in adelaide with one of my rc's, i strip my truck and road car down everytime i use it, and for the monster truck it usually takes me between an hour to 2hrs, depending on whether i want to re lube the diffs or not, i just like to keep my cars clean, i realise that the trucks are off-road cars and believe me i give the a hard time, i just like to see them on the shelf in my room nice and shiny every time after use
Damn, thats crazy. I suppose I could make mine look as nice, I just dont have the time to take every tiny part off, Im guessing you guys can strip down your cars pretty fast, do you use drills for the screws? I put mine in to tight all the time that i end up stripping the threading or the head of the screw if i screw around with it 10 times

I dont even know how to take apart my diff, or how to put it back together, let alone take it apart every weekend and clean and relube it, damn, I envy you guys :P
Old 04-23-2008, 05:05 AM   #277
Tech Fanatic

you will get the hang of it, it took me watching a mate fix my car a few times b4 i knew what the diff looked like, only then was i confident enough to do it myself, just start by taking the main parts off, once you have that done, clean them, then see what you have left, take the fuel tank out, clean that, reciever box is usually next, and so on, u will eventually get to know what sort of screw goes where
hope that shed some light.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:09 AM   #278
Tech Regular

Quote:
you will get the hang of it, it took me watching a mate fix my car a few times b4 i knew what the diff looked like, only then was i confident enough to do it myself, just start by taking the main parts off, once you have that done, clean them, then see what you have left, take the fuel tank out, clean that, reciever box is usually next, and so on, u will eventually get to know what sort of screw goes where
hope that shed some light.
Yeah I know most screws, I guarantee id get a few wrong. I have about 15 bags of diff screws from Tonys screws, theyre so handy to have around.

I dont have anyone to teach me, just my instruction book and you guys!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:13 AM   #279
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by new to rc cars View Post

I dont have anyone to teach me, just my instruction book and you guys!
ok so there is 2 great starting points, just so we know what r/c are you working on?
Old 04-23-2008, 05:18 AM   #280
Tech Regular

Quote:
ok so there is 2 great starting points, just so we know what r/c are you working on?
MBX5.

My biggest (only?) problem ATM is my tires... I pretty much have to buy a dremel and learn how to glue em properly. I also got tire bands in the yesterday, They were recommended by someone on this site.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:29 AM   #281
Tech Fanatic

there are alot of guys on here that will be able to help, any questions you may have, most of the guys that run mugens have the mbx5R, a better buggy than urs, as far as a racer is concerned, but none the less the same platform to work on, GENREAPER has a very nimble mbx5r, id say he would be one to PM, there are others but if u want to learn the rest, id say ans GEN,
Old 04-23-2008, 05:33 AM   #282
Tech Regular

Quote:
there are alot of guys on here that will be able to help, any questions you may have, most of the guys that run mugens have the mbx5R, a better buggy than urs, as far as a racer is concerned, but none the less the same platform to work on, GENREAPER has a very nimble mbx5r, id say he would be one to PM, there are others but if u want to learn the rest, id say ans GEN,
Allright, Ill keep that in mind. I have been asking TONS of questions, some of them very basic/dumb, but ive NEVER seen any of this and we all have to learn somewhere!

What exactly is the difference between the mbx5 and mbx5r?

Thanks for all the help Dave. Im going to sleep now, Ill talk to you tomorrow.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:39 AM   #283
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by salteen View Post
almost forgot..

Yeah that is pretty damn funny, I had to save that pic.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:39 AM   #284
Tech Fanatic

cut a long story short a mbx5r lighter, stronger, better suspension geometry, just a better all-round buggy for a PRO, and dont worry about the stupid questions, i have asked plenty
Old 04-23-2008, 05:49 AM   #285
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by new to rc cars View Post
Damn, thats crazy. I suppose I could make mine look as nice, I just dont have the time to take every tiny part off, Im guessing you guys can strip down your cars pretty fast, do you use drills for the screws? I put mine in to tight all the time that i end up stripping the threading or the head of the screw if i screw around with it 10 times

I dont even know how to take apart my diff, or how to put it back together, let alone take it apart every weekend and clean and relube it, damn, I envy you guys :P
Keep in mind, we don't just strip and clean our cars so they will look nice. Its also a time to check for broken parts or parts that are about to fail.

The easy way that I do it is to pull the engine, pull the radio tray and fuel tank, then I soak the car in simple green for a few minutes then blast it with hot water. After that I spray all the joints and bearings with wd.
Furadi is offline   Reply With Quote