R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #151
Tech Regular
 
Mugen MBX-5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damin69 View Post
My new Mugen MBX5R. Still virgin. And Naked. I have not decided on a Paint Scheme yet. Have a couple of Months before I really have to worry as we are still getting snow here. Cant wait to get rid of the snow now to get it out side and onto the track.

that didnt stop me yesterday, and today for that matter!
Attached Thumbnails
PICS OF YOUR RC NITRO OFF-ROAD CARS-rctech.jpg   PICS OF YOUR RC NITRO OFF-ROAD CARS-rctech2.jpg  
__________________
I dont race. Please dont assume I race. I only bash around.

T Lawrence is a scamming scumbag

Tonys Screws l carolinasrc.com l spektrum (?)
Mugen MBX-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:24 PM   #152
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen MBX-5 View Post
that didnt stop me yesterday, and today for that matter!

I forseee new bearing's in the Near future.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:40 PM   #153
Tech Regular
 
Mugen MBX-5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
I forseee new bearing's in the Near future.
where and why?

i have some clutch bearing on the way, but am i gonna need the other sizes too?
__________________
I dont race. Please dont assume I race. I only bash around.

T Lawrence is a scamming scumbag

Tonys Screws l carolinasrc.com l spektrum (?)
Mugen MBX-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:30 PM   #154
Tech Regular
 
BOOST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pukekohe, New Zealand
Posts: 266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen MBX-5 View Post
where and why?

i have some clutch bearing on the way, but am i gonna need the other sizes too?
Because you are running in mushy snow and mud. It will get in the bearings and start to rust them.

You need to maintain your buggy regularly or you will find yourself replacing things very often!!
BOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:28 PM   #155
Tech Regular
 
Mugen MBX-5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 354
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOST View Post
Because you are running in mushy snow and mud. It will get in the bearings and start to rust them.

You need to maintain your buggy regularly or you will find yourself replacing things very often!!
yeah i figured that, but exactly what bearings will get hurt the most? and what size are they? its obvious that they are going to rust... anyone knows that :rollseyes:

i dont let it sit and dry if that helps... i dry the whole buggy off with he paint stripper i use to heat the engine with. takes about 5 mins but i can get it completely dry. i can imagine im still doing a little damage to the bearings. im not getting it that wet.

and i do maintain it (not as good as some of you guys though.. damn some of your buggies are clean) that pic was taken right after i finished driving it. some friends really wanted to see/try it, and i really wanted to try out my new fuel, after that i half assed cleaned it. it still needs a little bit of work done to it. the wing mount is on its way in the mail, the battery pack doesnt fit in the box for some reason, i have a JP4 pipe along with a sweet servo on its way in the mail: http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/...?idproduct=390

i enjoy buying new parts and spending money on my buggy, i enjoy driving all my toys hard, thats the fun in them. im 18, no bills, no gf, graduated high school, living with my mom, making 4000$ a month working full time, not a care in the world just me, my car, and my dh bike is all i need to be happy

ps: i really dont understand the point of wheel balancing when your wheels are as dirty as mine... or not quite as dirty, but im sure your guys wheels get dirty when racing off road? i dont have a nice dry track like most of you
__________________
I dont race. Please dont assume I race. I only bash around.

T Lawrence is a scamming scumbag

Tonys Screws l carolinasrc.com l spektrum (?)
Mugen MBX-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:04 PM   #156
Tech Regular
 
BOOST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pukekohe, New Zealand
Posts: 266
Default

Well look at all the crap around wheel bearings for starters!!!
You say you dry it with a paint stripper....so water gets in there then you dry it and let it sit then you will probably end up with seazed bearings.
Since money is of no concern momma's boy I would suggest investing in a compressor.
BOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:38 AM   #157
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 199
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen MBX-5 View Post
that didnt stop me yesterday, and today for that matter!
Well since from your Sig You only BASH and dont have a Care in the World so money seems to grow on trees for you. Have fun in the snow.

I Race and want my Bearings to last before the start of the season. I can wait until its dry.

Thanks,
Damin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:12 AM   #158
Tech Master
 
vti-chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Some pictures of my new car, engine and pipe!!!
Attached Thumbnails
PICS OF YOUR RC NITRO OFF-ROAD CARS-16.2.2008-012-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   PICS OF YOUR RC NITRO OFF-ROAD CARS-16.2.2008-011-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   PICS OF YOUR RC NITRO OFF-ROAD CARS-16.2.2008-018-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   PICS OF YOUR RC NITRO OFF-ROAD CARS-16.2.2008-013-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  
__________________
Xray/OS/Savox/Sanwa
Axial XR10
Sakura Zero S/Castlecreations
RCO
vti-chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:40 AM   #159
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 282
Default

Nice engine. I want one.
__________________
J.C. Johnson
whoajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:48 AM   #160
Tech Master
 
mugenb46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: springfield tn
Posts: 1,385
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vti-chris View Post
Some pictures of my new car, engine and pipe!!!
Looks good
__________________
Brian Carey
Pro Twister Mods
brian@protwistermods.com
615-838-5373
mugenb46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:35 AM   #161
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 354
Default

Might be 4sale after Nitro Challenge. Need to make room for X2 CRT!













Last edited by 8ightScale/CJP; 02-18-2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: >
8ightScale/CJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:25 PM   #162
Tech Adept
 
maycam10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 239
Default



mine is the one pulled over. imagine that. lol
__________________
Team Terribles!!
Losi 8ight
Go-Tech 3 port sport
Spektrum DX2.0
maycam10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #163
Tech Regular
 
BOOST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pukekohe, New Zealand
Posts: 266
Default

Yea you better make way for the LOSI!
BOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:49 PM   #164
Tech Adept
 
maycam10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 239
Default

ya im new so i just pull over and let them buy
__________________
Team Terribles!!
Losi 8ight
Go-Tech 3 port sport
Spektrum DX2.0
maycam10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #165
Tech Regular
 
Mugen MBX-5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOST View Post
Well look at all the crap around wheel bearings for starters!!!
You say you dry it with a paint stripper....so water gets in there then you dry it and let it sit then you will probably end up with seazed bearings.
Since money is of no concern momma's boy I would suggest investing in a compressor.
i do have a compressor.. whats your point.

and do i sense a little bit of jealousy? i think so... its not my bad you made a poor life decision and moved out/got kicked out early... my parents are divorced, i help my mom around the house, sleep there at night, im at work all day. big deal. mommas boy, HA!!. wow.
__________________
I dont race. Please dont assume I race. I only bash around.

T Lawrence is a scamming scumbag

Tonys Screws l carolinasrc.com l spektrum (?)
Mugen MBX-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nitro off road and on road. Drift cars Tamiya Mini's Ginsu R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-09-2008 09:24 AM
B&B State Race Nitro Off-Road 02,17,07 pics Rojna Florida Racing 2 03-17-2007 12:32 PM
FS: on-road RC cars- nitro and electric corradofreek R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-13-2006 12:47 PM
Trinity Reflex On-Road Nitro + Extras with Pics skengines R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 08-26-2006 10:01 PM
Touring Cars - On Road Nitro in VA? VA Racing Track Locator Forum 5 02-21-2003 01:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net