R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Truggy Choices (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/196163-truggy-choices.html)

jab917 12-17-2007 07:27 PM

Truggy Choices

Does anyone here have a Hpi Hellfire, A Tamiya Nitrage 5.2, or A Ofna mutilator? I was thinking about getting a truggy and im not sure which one would be the best in reliability, fun factor, starting, and maintenance so if any body has one of these vehicles some feedback would be great. thanks

Hot Rod RAC3R8 12-17-2007 07:42 PM

I think a good truggy is the losi 8T. it is reliable, fun, and parts are farely easy to get for them. there not horrificly expensive but there worth the $500.00 for it.

Brandon.M 12-17-2007 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by jab917 (Post 3982764)
Does anyone here have a Hpi Hellfire, A Tamiya Nitrage 5.2, or A Ofna mutilator? I was thinking about getting a truggy and im not sure which one would be the best in reliability, fun factor, starting, and maintenance so if any body has one of these vehicles some feedback would be great. thanks

I raced an ofna mutilator all year and seemed to be a good truggy. But it does need some up grades like cnc steering knuckles and some thing to start it because it is so ridicuosly tight brand new. we broke the recoil before we even got it fired up the first time. after that its an alright truggy but i dont think i would recomend buying the old verson of it. there is a new verson with c hubs like the jammin

caster88 01-05-2008 09:01 AM

how hot is truggy now in US

yo guys....just wondering if the Truggy is still hot in USA, and also that, when do we expect to have a World on the Truggy Class....can't wait...

LOL 01-05-2008 09:28 AM

get the jammin x1-crt...very tough truggy for bashing or racing...

crazy4wdracer 01-05-2008 09:38 AM

I have been running the Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Pro-R for about 6 months now and I love it. I am currently doing a long term test/review on the truggy right now and if you are looking for a good truggy on a budget get the Hot Bodies. You can get the Lightning Stadium Pro RTR for about $450 or you can get the Pro-R kit for about $450.

Robert.Hull 01-05-2008 10:12 AM

CEN Matrix TR
headrushhobbies.com

ThomasGorski 01-05-2008 11:03 AM

I would say the new HB truggy... HB lightning stadium 2 pro.
Its a great truggy and the price is fair too. And the durability of the parts are very good.... and HB customer service is good to help if you have any questions abou the product.

DPowers 01-05-2008 11:08 AM

i wouldnt overlook the OCM truggy very nice and the support you get is A+
and the price is very fair and the quality is really good.

Kemorc 01-05-2008 11:41 AM

Take advice from someone who isn't sponsored or representing a specific rc company :lol:

Losi 8T would be a nice ride to go with, along with the Jammin truck.

salteen 01-05-2008 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by DPowers (Post 4041403)
i wouldnt overlook the OCM truggy very nice and the support you get is A+
and the price is very fair and the quality is really good.

I agree...if I were in the market for a truggy I would definitely be getting either an OCM or a Thunder Tiger ST-1 pro kit. Both are extremely affordable and I know first hand that the TT is extremely durable.

crazy4wdracer 01-06-2008 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kemorc (Post 4041460)
Take advice from someone who isn't sponsored or representing a specific rc company :lol:

Losi 8T would be a nice ride to go with, along with the Jammin truck.

You're right, the whole point in being sponsored is to represent a company and try to sell more products but some people get a little carried away. I won't mention any names :lol:.
+1

Integra 01-06-2008 11:24 AM

Jammin Mugen Losi kyosho....in no specific order...i would'nt trust a LSP as far as i could throw it....nor a Nitrage or a Mutilator...ive seen em all in action and imo they arent "Race bred" truggy's....there RTR level stuff that is Guarenteed to break the second u try and competitively race it....a Full out Race Set up truggy is gonna fetch at Least 1000$.

sonicm21 06-02-2008 08:28 PM

i have a nitrage 5.2 and have hardly any trouble with it,love the power! it eats up 30 - 40 foot gravel pits no trouble,i have thrashed it round bmx tracks etc personally i like it and it seems to be reliable too

desertbird 06-02-2008 09:13 PM

I can get parts for my 8ight-t and am happy. great truck.