R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-03-2008, 06:47 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaright View Post
I looked at just about every truggy they make, talked to everyone at my local track, and both the local crack houses. I got so many different opinions, the X-ray guys said get X-ray, the Mugen guys said Mugen, the Kyosho guys said get Kyosho, and so on.

I have only had a T-maxx and a Revo before and never raced, I was not willing to spend a grand + on some thing, I had never done before. I looked at the RTR Truggys, as much info in the different forums as I could find. After two months, I end up with a Losi 8T RTR.
I had it for 6 days, and race it in the sportsman class at our local track, and won first place in the A main and TQed. I have 9 gallons on the RTR now, and have abused it. It has held up to everything my son and I have dished out. I replaced the throttle servo at a gallon, the rear diff died at about the 4-gallon mark, I added the aluminum bearing inserts when I replaced it, no signs of it going out now, after 5 gallons. I have not replaced anything else other than the normal maintenance items clutch, bearings ect.
In fact, I like it so well I purchased an 8T race roller last week.

I do wish I had bought the Race Roller or the kit first, but it worked out, as my son has taken over the RTR

Just my 2 cents.
Awesome story. I ran my RTR stock for about 3 months then the MODS came I know a motox racer that will show up to race with a stock suzuki and beat all the fast guys and their hopped up bikes Driving is %80
of the battle.
jgtruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim3Wav3 View Post
get whatever i have!

I drive the best cars!

Chicks dig Losi's!

OCM Is awesome!

Mugen HANDS DOWN!

Kyosho. PERIOD!

Jammin ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!

Tamiya!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! +1!!!!

Hobao! They win!

I'm a post whore!! Alriiiiiiight!

go to Headrushhobbies to buy all your stuff! I advertise in forums every chance i get!!!!

CEN rulez!

AE PwnZ!

Caster makes the best truggy! You should get a Caster!!!!!

I hate life!!!! So i bought a Hotbodies LSP!!!

DAMN THESE THREADS TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO That was one of the funniest post I've seen.... I can't stop laughing..
viper0463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:50 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaright View Post
I looked at just about every truggy they make, talked to everyone at my local track, and both the local crack houses. I got so many different opinions, the X-ray guys said get X-ray, the Mugen guys said Mugen, the Kyosho guys said get Kyosho, and so on.

I have only had a T-maxx and a Revo before and never raced, I was not willing to spend a grand + on some thing, I had never done before. I looked at the RTR Truggys, as much info in the different forums as I could find. After two months, I end up with a Losi 8T RTR.
I had it for 6 days, and race it in the sportsman class at our local track, and won first place in the A main and TQed. I have 9 gallons on the RTR now, and have abused it. It has held up to everything my son and I have dished out. I replaced the throttle servo at a gallon, the rear diff died at about the 4-gallon mark, I added the aluminum bearing inserts when I replaced it, no signs of it going out now, after 5 gallons. I have not replaced anything else other than the normal maintenance items clutch, bearings ect.
In fact, I like it so well I purchased an 8T race roller last week.

I do wish I had bought the Race Roller or the kit first, but it worked out, as my son has taken over the RTR

Just my 2 cents.

Sounds like you made the best choice for you, and thats what counts. Just remember to replace the Diff cups with the Heavy Duity ones and you will have no more problems from the diffs.
LosiMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:22 AM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Xray XT8
nitro rat is offline   Reply With Quote