Wiki Posts
Search

questions about an engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default questions about an engine

i just recently ordered a rb c6bb7t for my rc8 i was thinkin today of putting this in my truggy is this a good engine for a truggy?
Old 12-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

its a better engine for your truggy than your buggy...the BB has IMHO to much bottom end for a buggy making it hard to drive...if you have your hart set on RB's i would get the RB WS7III for your RC8...
Old 12-15-2007, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i dont have my heart set i just like quality built well anything. i used to race and everybody know honda has the best machine,hardware and workmanship there is so that all i ever wanted
Old 12-15-2007, 08:17 AM

Well theres no engine company that realy rules the industry in the same way honda does, but RB makes some really nice motors, and the C6 is one of the best motors. Personaly I would put it in my truggy, I have seen them in buggys and they are insane, they have way more power than most people can control, but in your truggy it will be a wicked motor that is much more controlable. I know a few people that have the C6's and S5's and are really likeing their setups with the S5 in their buggy and C6 in the truggy. It is just one of those things where you want all that power that the C6 will give you but it is probably actualy making your lap times suffer, But in your truggy you will have a sweet setup.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Tech Rookie

+1 on the WS7. Killer engine for a buggy right out of the box. Get the right pipe and you're in like swimwear. Clutching these engines is a breeze also.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have used the WS7II (same performance as the WS7III) in my Losi 8 buggy, and it was fantastic. That died at gallon number 9. Now I run a C6BB (NOT 7T) and I truly love it in my buggy. 2 of my other friends use or have used the C6BB in their buggies and also feel that it is great, and still pretty easy to control. To tame it down a little, I stuck in the smaller 7mm venturi, and worked awhile on a clutch setup that made the low end just perfect IMO, it feels like it takes off like an electric motor. The setup that ended up working great was actually the stock Losi 8 clutch setup, I tried just about every other combo. At first, with the 8mm venturi, I had a VERY hard time driving it, but after a few race meets, and the clutch setup and trying the different manifolds, I feel it is maybe one of the only engines I will ever buy again, though I did also love my WS7II...