R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-21-2007, 10:01 PM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Maximo, next time you work on a Picco try angleing the bypass ports upward and see if you gain anything. It make sense, it's the way the air flows.

Rex
Attached Thumbnails
Which engine modifier??-x1.jpg  
22Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 12:08 AM   #62
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Chris Odonnell is CEO Mods.

If you want your motor modded then call and talk to all the modders your considering and after talking to them all youll be able to know who you want to work on your engine.
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:05 AM   #63
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Racer View Post
Maximo, next time you work on a Picco try angleing the bypass ports upward and see if you gain anything. It make sense, it's the way the air flows.

Rex

Picco knows how to build motors dude...angling those ports upwards would do nothing to help power in any way really.......
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:48 PM   #64
Tech Master

Traditionally the lower ports are for down stroke relief at high RPM ... The angle upward is there to direct the fuel behind the piston, on the down stroke, up into the top of the cylinder ..
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
MassiveMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:47 AM   #65
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
A CNC mill cannot cut what I can achieve by hand....the work on the inside of the sleeve that I dois impossible for a CNC mill... I hand cut my ports with diamond files.... MY ports have ramped opening angles and notched internal port corners..... a production CNC mill cannot make these cuts... No matter how fancy the outside of these modern motors sleeves look the internal angles on the ports are all the same as they have always been..... Wether you guys beleive it or not but there is alot of room to work with these modern engines to make more... its not that I know anything the factories don't know its just that I am capable of doing what their production lines cannot.......... Since I have had the ooportunity to have my motors tested on a X-Dyno I can assure you that I have not lost power anywhere in the powerband......and yes I do cut the chrome, no sleeve shimming required.....

here is a stock Ninja 28 and my Modded Picco 28... FYI a stock Picco 28 makes about 1.8 HP and 75 oz/in on this particular X-Dyno.... the modded motor canmake 90 oz/in with a long header, and will pull over 2.3 HP with a short header...Modders can lie, dyno's do not !

I only modify motors for a hobby... I sent my motors to Adam from AB Mods to have them tested on the X-Dyno...

That dyno was done on Maximos engine after I reworked some things We share alot of information as I dont mind sharing info with maximo.. Hes a good guy and does this for a hobby. And I dont give out this VERY valuable timing and modification info to just anyone.... As I myself do this as a business and have spent ALOT of my own time and $ to know what i know and get to where I am with these engines. This is why I own an X-Dyno so I KNOW FOR A FACT I have PROVEN engines and modifications.. Like Maximo said theres no fooling the dyno...

So my answer to the mod or not to mod question is MOD IT!! As these engines CAN and ARE improved when you know how to do so. But have it done by someone that has the tools, knowledge, experience and know how. This way you get a PROVEN engine and not a mod job from someone with just a big name or a friend of a friends or just simple hype.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:52 AM   #66
Tech Addict

While the Stock Ninja .28 graph has been posted I might as well post the layover graph of the exact same engine only modified by yours truely. Give you an idea of what you can expect when dealing with AB Mods. REAL results with the best customer service in the business. Yeah great plug here I know