Search

Hobbytech STR8 pro-ProtoType(Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 04:30 AM
Tech Regular

PRO:

Old 12-07-2007, 04:32 AM
Tech Regular

these are pics i found in the links, official pics will be up when recieved.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

STR8 in Action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH4PKPnt5mM
Old 12-07-2007, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.redrc.net/2007/03/hobbytech-str8-pro-buggy/
more info and pics
Old 12-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

just recieved the pics of the RTR and PRO and the ones you see above are the official buggies.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

cool buggy...............
Old 12-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default dual posting

removed
Old 12-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

I have experience with both the RTR and Factory. Both are well capable buggies. We've had some track-time with both and they seem to perform well. Good power-on steering, good on jumps, OK in rough parts etc. Not that agressive to turn in corners but as said better with power on. However we are still working on the setups so we might find some tricks. However both versions tends to respond well on changes.

Factory V2 comes with 7075AL radio plate, shock towers, front plate etc. (like in pictures) and not the CF ones which are option-parts. Also the chassis is hardened 7075. There's also hop-ups like lightened chassis, AL center diff.mounts etc.

RTR is pretty solid platform as well. Different shocks and lower grade AL parts. Also CVD's only in front. Radios are not top-notch but that's what you could expect. Servos are OK, especially the steering servo is up to the task (9kg) so just different TX/RX combination and you are done. Factory shocks and shock towers would be a recommended upgrade as it gives more adjustability and the Factory version shocks are IMHO better.

I think the e-clips are the somewhat weak point but nothing you can't live-with. There should be upgrades coming that brings captured hinge-pins. Also the 25deg. front hub requires modified front arms to give all benefits.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention that also the Factory Buggy comes pre-assembled. In Factory you need to add diff.oils and build shocks. Also here is a set of pre-glued tires you can use to settle the diffs and maybe broke-in your engine. Tires are with pretty soft inserts and the sidewalls are bit high so not much of a use in racing.

Last edited by Poinas2; 12-08-2007 at 08:47 AM. Reason: added info
Old 12-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

If a pro version is to be released in the US it should be fully loaded minus tires/rims. I know that many people can't stand getting a buggy and then having to spend another $150 for option/hop up parts. Just provide them in the first place.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by satoch
If a pro version is to be released in the US it should be fully loaded minus tires/rims. I know that many people can't stand getting a buggy and then having to spend another $150 for option/hop up parts. Just provide them in the first place.
Well speaking of the Factory I think it really does not need the provided options in performance vice. For sure the milled chassis is a bit lighter and the Al diffmounts are a bit more solid but mine is w/o those and I can't see it lacking much.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i just cant see why a pro level buggy should have factory hop ups...it seems to me like hobbytech is fishing for more money by selling hop up to those that buy the pro model...
Old 12-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poinas2
Well speaking of the Factory I think it really does not need the provided options in performance vice. For sure the milled chassis is a bit lighter and the Al diffmounts are a bit more solid but mine is w/o those and I can't see it lacking much.
if it is pro level race worthy out of the box then why make and sell factory hop ups???
Old 12-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
if it is pro level race worthy out of the box then why make and sell factory hop ups???
Well I believe you should ask that from basically every company making Racing Buggy or Truggy
Old 12-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Poinas2
Well I believe you should ask that from basically every company making Racing Buggy or Truggy
But not the Losi 8, and that's one of the reasons it's the number one selling buggy now. There's no need for a bunch of hop ups. It's about time the rest of the industry learns from Losi's success and listens to the people.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by satoch
But not the Losi 8, and that's one of the reasons it's the number one selling buggy now. There's no need for a bunch of hop ups. It's about time the rest of the industry learns from Losi's success and listens to the people.
They call them optional parts for a reason. You really don't NEED them, but if you WANT them, there you go. Hobbytech is just doing the same.

Losi sells hop-ups also; engine mounts, chassis braces, steering plate, steering knuckles, c-hubs, etc..

http://losi.com/Products/RelatedPart...s&SubCategory=

Last edited by KyLayfield; 12-08-2007 at 09:41 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.