R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-18-2007, 11:19 AM   #61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SkarTisu Send a message via Yahoo to SkarTisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by satoch View Post
But not the Losi 8, and that's one of the reasons it's the number one selling buggy now. There's no need for a bunch of hop ups.
Well, except for the aluminum servo saver arm, and the aluminum servo horn, and the aluminum rear gearbox bearing inserts, and the aluminum rear hinge pin carriers.
SkarTisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:38 AM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

I use only the Alum Servo horn, and rear alum. bearing inserts, neither of which I have needed, but just add a little peace of mind. Still, total costs of doing those hopups is less than $50.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:46 PM   #63
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to DirtRacer

yea well everybody has their preference in steering set up, from what i know and have spoken to a number of distributors.. this buggy does go very well and has had alot of testing to get it performing at the same level of other top of the line buggies before it was released so you worrying about issues wont come to mind, and remember lower price doesnt mean much when it comes to OCM or caster or even this buggy, all of them are designed to with stand racing conditions and are good in their own right as well as that have their pro's and con's like most do.

the str8 recently competed in the french championships and did very well , from what i recall it won the comp with one of france's top drivers behind the wheel, so that just shows that it ll do well.
www.myspace.com/renegadebearingsdist46
DirtRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Hmmm... ok, for those of you wondering about the comment of the Caster being for "intermediate drivers..." that was related to PRICE, not the ability of the car... unless of course you think Mike Battaile is an "intermediate driver!" Mike took a buggy he'd had for less than a week and finished 4th at the Lone Star Classic, and missed 3rd by a gnat's whisker.

I've driven the car... looked it over very carefully... thought about it and thought about it... and I just can't convince myself to buy ANOTHER car since I've only had the Losi for a little over a month. Otherwise, I have a Caster right now. It's built like a Mugen and turns like my Losi. When I drove it with Ed's old setup it was a little on the frisky side... but it would turn better than I ever expected. Smooth and stable in the rough, jumped really well... overall very impressive! Since then his setup looks a little more forgiving, not as tail-happy, and still smooth and stable, and still turns on a dime! Granted, I haven't driven it with the latest setup, but it appears that he and Mike Battaile are homing in on the setup to make this car really competitive.

Now, this thread was about the Hobbytech... if it is made in the same factory and shares components with the Caster, I suspect it is going to be a very good buggy!

Hey Cam and Ed... is this going to be sold as a Caster in the US as well? Does it share a lot of components? Because a lot of it looks REALLY similar!

Just curious...

As for whoever asked on the previous page... yes, the Caster ZX-1 Pro is Pivot Ball.

Brad
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:08 PM   #65
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry Domit the car is a europe exclusive thanks for the words on the caster car

cam

cameron@teamcasterracing
camshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:14 AM   #66
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My LHS sells Hobbytech Str8 buggies for almost a year now and sold only one spare part at all this time (a front lower A-arm because of a high speed crash).
Quality is OK.
It's quite light...at around 3350Kg.

The Factory version has standard Al. parts instead of carbon because the carbon parts were used on the previous...older version.
Also see Xray!!

Mugen parts fit fine on this buggy and it does share most of Caster parts but not the front suspension.
Caster is Pivot Ball suspension and the Str8 is C-hub...but are made at the same factory for two different companies.Like RB and Novarossi for example.
RCO
vti-chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:37 AM   #67
Tech Apprentice

Default Str8

Brad...they dont have a US Distributor that I know of...as I enquired about the car and they were looking for someone to distribute it at that time.

This was probably about 5 months ago...

It is manufactured in the same factory as the Caster car..just under a different name.
Rhyz77 is offline   Reply With Quote