R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic
 
timd1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Heath Oh
Posts: 822
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Losi truggy tires

Im looking to get some new losi 8ight-t tires and wheels.I dont know what rims fit.Do I need 0 offset,1/2 offset or full offset?Any help would be appreciated.
timd1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
Tech Champion
 
air8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutch, KS
Posts: 5,748
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

If you're truck is stock you need the 1/2" offset. But if you have hub extenders then you need the 0 offset. Sounds like your truck is pretty new to you and I'll bet it's stock. So get the 1/2" offset.
__________________
--Driver...you are cleared into the track.....Smoke On.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)
Default

go for 1/2 offset Proline LPR wheels with maybe LPR holeshots?
pwnzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:08 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic
 
timd1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Heath Oh
Posts: 822
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Thanks guys,Yes my truck is new to me.I just got it today.
timd1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:08 PM   #5
Tech Champion
 
air8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutch, KS
Posts: 5,748
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

The new proline LPR rims/tires are going along with the current trend in truggy racing. They are using a lower profile sidewall tire to enhance cornering. Since there is less sidewall flex the tires allow the chassis to react quicker. Just remember that some people still prefer the Maxx sized tires on Maxx rims to absorb really rutted tracks.

I have only used the MTR tires stretched over the Losi rims. Works great for me. Now that PL and Losi have the same sized rim and tires, it's going to be easy to mix and match if a store doesn't have what you were looking for.

The GRP wheels/tires are a low profile also when compared to the Maxx/MTR tires. But I'm not sure how close they are to the PL/Losi rims and tires.Maybe someone will post how close the GRP tires are.
__________________
--Driver...you are cleared into the track.....Smoke On.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:21 PM   #6
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 382
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
The new proline LPR rims/tires are going along with the current trend in truggy racing. They are using a lower profile sidewall tire to enhance cornering. Since there is less sidewall flex the tires allow the chassis to react quicker. Just remember that some people still prefer the Maxx sized tires on Maxx rims to absorb really rutted tracks.

I have only used the MTR tires stretched over the Losi rims. Works great for me. Now that PL and Losi have the same sized rim and tires, it's going to be easy to mix and match if a store doesn't have what you were looking for.

The GRP wheels/tires are a low profile also when compared to the Maxx/MTR tires. But I'm not sure how close they are to the PL/Losi rims and tires.Maybe someone will post how close the GRP tires are.
After comparing my stock Losi rims to the GRP tires in the LHS today, I'm pretty sure they are the same size. I'm going to buy them next week I think and will see how they do. I'm going with the Cubics, but the LHS also has the Grips in stock. I also think the GRP's would fit on the 40 series if you trimmed the inside bead off like some Revo drivers do with Panther tires designed for the stock Revo sized rims. (the GRP tires actually say Tmaxx on them...it's for a standard Revo/Tmaxx size rim which is actually 3.8" as far as I know, and the new LPR's are 3.7 but...I think it's close enough to work. That's only .05" smaller around the bead of the rim, probably not enough of a difference to make it not work would be my guess). I may end up ordering the LPR rims to use the GRP tires on instead of using the Losi rims, but for now it'll be cheaper if I just stick with the Losi's since I have them so that's what I'm going to do. The stock Losi tires are pretty much done for anyway. Once I get them (hopefully next week, possibly later this week) I'll post some pictures for you guys and let you know how it works out. I think the GRP tires are going to be the ticket for my local track, the Holeshots don't seem to have big enough lugs on the tires, and the bowties/crimefighters are almost too big. The GRP Cubics seem to be the best of both worlds.
revo_race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:40 AM   #7
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 432
Default

do the losi rims come in different offset measurements?
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:55 AM   #8
Tech Champion
 
air8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutch, KS
Posts: 5,748
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post
do the losi rims come in different offset measurements?
The Losi rims are only made for the 8T and therefore only in 1/2" offset. Proline makes the LPR rims with different offsets.
__________________
--Driver...you are cleared into the track.....Smoke On.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:30 PM   #9
Tech Addict
 
RETRO RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: AUCKLAND NEW ZEALAND
Posts: 715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
The GRP wheels/tires are a low profile also when compared to the Maxx/MTR tires. But I'm not sure how close they are to the PL/Losi rims and tires.Maybe someone will post how close the GRP tires are.
there is 7mm diference in size the losi measure 102mm at the tyre bead and the GRP rims measure 95mm

overhere we're only allowed to run up to 95mm rims so the losi / PL lpr are not legal to run yet

hope this helps AIR8

Adrian
__________________
Agama A8 EVO 11 spec/ Argus A52 .21
Agama A8T / Argus A52 .23

offroaders get more jumps and like it rougher!
RETRO RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #10
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
The Losi rims are only made for the 8T and therefore only in 1/2" offset. Proline makes the LPR rims with different offsets.
thanks. When you say it was only made for the 8T does that mean there is something wrong If I run the losi rims on a Jammin Crt?
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #11
Tech Champion
 
air8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutch, KS
Posts: 5,748
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETRO RC View Post
there is 7mm diference in size the losi measure 102mm at the tyre bead and the GRP rims measure 95mm

overhere we're only allowed to run up to 95mm rims so the losi / PL lpr are not legal to run yet

hope this helps AIR8

Adrian
Hey great info Retro. I sure appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post
thanks. When you say it was only made for the 8T does that mean there is something wrong If I run the losi rims on a Jammin Crt?

No, no, no. The Losi rims work on the Jammins just fine. And any other vehicle that uses a 1/2" offset. I meant to say that Losi only makes one truggy wheel. It fits on the 8ight-T. Losi does not make any other truggy rims as of now. They only have the one part number (but white or yellow) which is the 1/2" offset.

They might make other sizes/offsets in the future. But only time will tell.
__________________
--Driver...you are cleared into the track.....Smoke On.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Losi Cubic truggy tires dsl Nitro Off-Road 2 04-23-2008 04:34 PM
Losi XTT truggy tires/wheels 3 runs on them $35 illeagle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-19-2008 05:32 PM
WTB/WTT for truggy tires on LOSI 8T Wheels pwnzor R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 10-18-2007 03:43 PM
TRUGGY TIRES ON LOSI WHEELS!!! lockmouth R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-01-2007 06:05 PM
Losi / Proline 2wd,4wd, truggy tires/wheels................ K.Copeland R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 08-15-2007 09:38 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net