Wiki Posts
Search

opinions on new motor choice

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenb46
Clebo3, for someone to tell you that the GO motors have no longevity is just not accurate, the tunner has alot to do with that for sure, but these motors will last as long if not many gallons longer than than alot of high dollar motors. and if someone tell you that a v spec will always outlast a GO, thats BS. so enough with that.

You mention that your getting used to your 427, you may want to look at the 7 port GO, it is smoother on the bottom making it more controlable, the 5 port is brutal on the bottom end, but you may prefer that, I like the 5 ports myself, i just tame it down with pipe and clutch, you can get turbo or std head GO's and they also have a full carb insert kit available. For the price and performance and longevity it's hard to look past the GO engine.
I run on a short technical track so I was looking at the go 5 port, I think the seven port would be to much. My friend has the v spec and is really happy with it, I just wasn't sure the extra $100 is worth it. I don"t mind spending it if it would be justified, I can always set the clutch softer if the bottom is to much until I get better throttle control.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Go with a 5 port for a short technical track, unless its a Axe Rossi Mamba. Thats has good botttom end torque.

O.S. is only popular in the US because this is its major market and it sponsors a lot of driver's in the US. I'm not saying it not as good, but thats why you see a lot of them. By the way, Novarossi just had a price drop. Amain and all the other resellers might be readjusting prices soon.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clebo3
I run on a short technical track so I was looking at the go 5 port, I think the seven port would be to much. My friend has the v spec and is really happy with it, I just wasn't sure the extra $100 is worth it. I don"t mind spending it if it would be justified, I can always set the clutch softer if the bottom is to much until I get better throttle control.
yes the 5port would be perfect for short tracks...i have 2 Go buggy engines the 5port for short tracks and the 7 for long...running 2 engines is not need, but i just do it to give myself a bit more of an edge...
Old 12-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Don't discount the 7port on a tight technical track, it really comes down to traction more than layout, If the track is loose a 7port may actually be faster then a 5 because of less wheelspin. At some tight tracks I have seen the 7port work perfectly.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rocket42
Don't discount the 7port on a tight technical track, it really comes down to traction more than layout, If the track is loose a 7port may actually be faster then a 5 because of less wheelspin. At some tight tracks I have seen the 7port work perfectly.
I don't have any wheelspin issues with my 7-port Werks... but I'm running a 14t bell. Besides, that's why it has a trigger, not an on-off switch (although granted, I tend to treat it like one more than I should.)
Old 12-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

the Go engines are pretty killer for sure... definitely a well proven top choice motor..... another big favorite of mine is the Picco P7R EVO 2 ..one of if not the fastest 21's on the market today...if speed is your thing you can't beat the Picco....
Old 12-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Rossi n21bf............ i still think this is the best motor for your money..... under $200, great power, good top end, easy to tune, long life, and its a rossi........... think you will have to look for the 2001, because the n21bf is the old one, but the 2001 is the same only newer parts.

check A-main......

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/9124
Old 12-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

RB WS7III : superb engine! stable and linear power band. longevity second to non... very easy to tune... not as powerful as the C6BBT. heat treated crankcast, biturbo crankshalf... many many worlds...

RB C6BBT : very very powerful... lots of torque and top end. one of the fastest engines... turbo plug sometimes can be sticky... very petty on tuning. must know how to tune it to get it to run properly... if not, it's flame out derby... best thing is the fuel consumption... we can get 11 mins from a tank with 120ish degree c... not sure how much is that in F...

OS Speed VZB alu : my favourite engine. very stable for a turbo plug engine... idles like a standard plug engine.. the balance crank is amazing... the fuel doesn't 'jumps' even when filled to the brim... engine feels light to rev... linear power with tremendous top end... parts a lot cheaper than RB.. not to mention the DLC coated crank. low friction, prevent the crank from rusting, and almost no wear where the clutch bell bearing sits... superb idea....

OS VZB : a lot cheaper than the speed, just that no balance crank... but still a great engine... if on a budget, i'll go for this engine rather than the taiwanese stuff...please check if it's the updated version before shelling out $$... the older ones are with 10 balls on the rear bearing... the newer ones are with 9 balls... the older ones suffer big time on rear bearing problems... the new ones got rid of this problem...

2 cents...
Old 12-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DOMIT
I don't have any wheelspin issues with my 7-port Werks... but I'm running a 14t bell. Besides, that's why it has a trigger, not an on-off switch (although granted, I tend to treat it like one more than I should.)
my werks b7 pro has surprised me with it`s power and almost zero wear on internals after 12 litres or a bit over 3 gallons

Last edited by pitdog; 12-03-2007 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maikaitan
RB WS7III : superb engine! stable and linear power band. longevity second to non... very easy to tune... not as powerful as the C6BBT. heat treated crankcast, biturbo crankshalf... many many worlds...

RB C6BBT : very very powerful... lots of torque and top end. one of the fastest engines... turbo plug sometimes can be sticky... very petty on tuning. must know how to tune it to get it to run properly... if not, it's flame out derby... best thing is the fuel consumption... we can get 11 mins from a tank with 120ish degree c... not sure how much is that in F...

2 cents...
Agreed! I have run the WS7II (same as the III, just VERY minor changes in durability) and was pleased as punch to find how freaking fast it is, yet how easy it is to tune. I now run a C6BB (not the C6BB7T) and find that to be a superb engine. I ran it on a small tight track with a 6.5mm venturi and it was VERY under control, but power whenever I desired it, and on larger tracks I run the 7mm venturi, and it flat out screams. Its a hair slower than the WS7II but gets up to its top speed sooner. My next engine will be an RB again, but if I don't feel like spending $60 more for the C6BB7T, then I will have the WS7III in my hands. Either way, both have plenty of torque for both buggy and truggy IMO.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Agreed! I have run the WS7II (same as the III, just VERY minor changes in durability) and was pleased as punch to find how freaking fast it is, yet how easy it is to tune. I now run a C6BB (not the C6BB7T) and find that to be a superb engine. I ran it on a small tight track with a 6.5mm venturi and it was VERY under control, but power whenever I desired it, and on larger tracks I run the 7mm venturi, and it flat out screams. Its a hair slower than the WS7II but gets up to its top speed sooner. My next engine will be an RB again, but if I don't feel like spending $60 more for the C6BB7T, then I will have the WS7III in my hands. Either way, both have plenty of torque for both buggy and truggy IMO.
shell out a little more money and go for the C6BBT (turbo plug).. very very good engine... just remember to use o'donnell 77T plug to cure the flame out problem... the piston sleeve fit is also very tight... MUST do a proper break in with heat cycles and dun be afraid to run it a little hotter... 130ish degree c is fine....
Old 12-04-2007, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maikaitan

OS Speed VZB alu : my favourite engine. very stable for a turbo plug engine... idles like a standard plug engine.. the balance crank is amazing... the fuel doesn't 'jumps' even when filled to the brim... engine feels light to rev... linear power with tremendous top end... parts a lot cheaper than RB.. not to mention the DLC coated crank. low friction, prevent the crank from rusting, and almost no wear where the clutch bell bearing sits... superb idea....

OS VZB : a lot cheaper than the speed, just that no balance crank... but still a great engine... if on a budget, i'll go for this engine rather than the taiwanese stuff...please check if it's the updated version before shelling out $$... the older ones are with 10 balls on the rear bearing... the newer ones are with 9 balls... the older ones suffer big time on rear bearing problems... the new ones got rid of this problem...

2 cents...
How do you know if it is the new or old version on the os vzb. One of my local hobby stores has one in his case I looked at yesterday. The go motor everybody seems to be out of for the next couple of weeks anyway. Thanks for all of the input I'm looking at all of the suggestions.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by clebo3
How do you know if it is the new or old version on the os vzb. One of my local hobby stores has one in his case I looked at yesterday. The go motor everybody seems to be out of for the next couple of weeks anyway. Thanks for all of the input I'm looking at all of the suggestions.
the only way is to open the engine back plate to count the bearings... another tell tale sign is the packaging... the updated one should come in a special bubble wrapping the engine... the old version comes in foam cushioning the engine in the box...

hope this helps...
Old 12-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitdog
my werks b7 pro has surprised me with it`s power and almost zero wear on internals after 12 litres or a bit over 3 gallons
Same here... the downside of course was that it didn't really come to life until the 2 gallon mark... it breaks in pretty slow, but then it SCREAMS. That motor, even with the 5.5 restrictor and low end pipe I run, is just EVIL fast, and much better mileage than I got with the 3-ports I used to run. It is also smoother on the bottom than the 3 ports, not as touchy and violent at lower RPM.

(The 3 ports I have run are OS RG and RB C3... the C3 is an old motor, but it has lots of power.) Of course I also had the crappy OFNA Force 28 in my original RTR buggy.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

The Go engines should be available at the dealers any day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.