Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OCM KAOS TRUGGY(PRO AND RTR)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yep, so here's my deal, i am not looking for the latest and greatest truck, I just want something that is durable, performs, and will not be replaced before the summer, I don't want to pickup a mbx5t prospec because I hear those truggies have been discontinued, anyways,

I just want to know some news on the truggy, any release date? what versions will we see initially? how long till a factory version, questions like those.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
well since the kit and the rtr are the same expcept for engien and radio, does that mean the kit is cheaper?

I havent been hearing if the kit has any extra parts over the rtr, just no engine and no radio.

also I asked this before but it was a edit so it might have not been seen,

the Kaos does it have big bore shocks?

and what hobby shops are gonna be carrying the car first? I see amainhobbies has buggy parts, buthow long till we see the truck (non rtr) and parts on the market in the states?

I'll try to explain this

The RTR has several differences that allow the price to be cheaper(for RTR versus Pro). The RTR's will have center dogbones instead of cvd's, plastic chassis braces( I run on my cars), plastic toe blocks and support blocks, some machine work is not included on the RTR.

This takes time and cost out of the kit but at the same time we use the same plastics, diffs, cvd's, etc...

So it should be a very good RTR and fully upgrade for cheap to the "pro" version.

At this time our kits do not have bigbores. I know they are a huge selling point but will soon offered as a option for a awesome price! 17mm, threaded, hardcoated shocks.

We have several major shops who stock the product.

amain, carolinas rc, holeshothobbies, mod hobbies, and several "local" not online shops.

I have trucks in our USA warehouse right now. In fact me and our team have been testing the truck in different variations for months. I am not 100% on our ring/pinion at this point. They are super smooth and I have 4 gallons on mine but like the kyosho if not shimmed to the "T" they will let go. So our last little thing is to make that so that a new guy can take it "throw" it together and go bash it around. Most kits simply never see tracks, a lot of people could care less about shimming..lol

So my information from my bosses at the Factory say that everything is almost ready, I'll test it for a few gallons and compare the wear(don't take me but a couple days to burn through a few gallons) and then hopefull it is good to go. I'll then rush them out to the stores.

I have gotten a lot of negative emails about holding the release. But I want to make sure as does OCM that this thing is well worth what you pay for it. It took a load of my chest when AE announced the same thing about there new truck

Thanks!

AB
Old 05-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

GIve us a couple more weeks on the truck. As we speak I am getting stocked up on the truggy parts, so we are real close.

For now it will be a "pro" kit and all that I can see u needing to purchase would be the aluminum rear hubs and a one piece mount. The stock shock work extremely well, but...option big bores are knocking on the door and for a awesome price
Old 05-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

question, i was looking at the buggy manual on your OCMamerica website and see even though it is a RTR or pro kit and comes built, the manual still offers a complete exploded view on how to build it, will the truggy be the same way?

first i do with any R/C be it rtr or a built kit is take it apart and rebuilt it.

also if OCM improves anything on the truck will you be shipping out the new improved model or the ones you already have?

as for the shocks, I see mugen doesnt have big bores and they handle great, I mean if the stock shocks are great theres no need for big bores, or i can always be impatient and get kyosho's on ther

anyways as for the waiting, i dont mind, I own alot of things I already wait for stuff for *cough* sony playstation 3 *cough*, anyways take your time, its better to have a product working than to have a product that works but needed a ton of R and D before release.

I was just wondering if a June/July time frame would be reasonable?
Old 05-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

very very reasonable time frame.

Truck will have almost the same manual. Should any parts be updated staff here in the USA will update the current kits in stock. It is very possible I just use these kits for our team drivers and get all new kits for the customers.Saves me time as the drivers can handle it
Old 05-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

would the aluminum hubs be available at the time of release?

also I havent even asked, any idea on the price for the pro kit? will it be under $500?

well i can't wait, I hope to hear from you guys soon on a release date, your truggy appeals to me because its something fresh, and chaper.

lets not hope cheaper means less durable
Old 05-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

yes sir, we have alum hubs now......

Truck will be under $500, probably about $450 and will be a solid truck
Old 05-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Alrighty, Last thing I need to worry about is getting parts support all the way out east.

I know you can order things online but nothing is better than breaking an a-arm and running inside the shop for another one, instead of sitting out the rest of the day.

so Lets see what happens, i probably won't be the first to jump on the bandwagon, i will want to see some reviews from personal use, but I will add the Kaos to my list of considerations.

I really like the idea of being able to adjust the toe and everything with allens through the ball end.

p.s. email your buddies at the factory and tell them too add the aluminum rear hubs to the pro kit initially
Old 05-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Most people just buy extra's to keep with them so you do not have to worry about not having a part if it breaks. Like I think was posted earlier, If you are going to race then get a couple sets of a-arms, shocks shafts, rod ends, shock shaft ends, hinge pins and rear uprights and maybe knuckles and you should be fine. Sounds like alot but it's really security knowing that you do not have to worry about having to go somewhere if your truck breaks, you got the parts right there.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

what attacted me to the mbx5t prospec in the first place was the fact that it already comes loaded with lots of titanium and aluminum parts where it counts.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I honestly think that there is not a single thing better on the Mugen than on the Kaos. Maybe except for the carbon fiber but thats no biggie. Not saying the Kaos is better just right on par with them.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I personally think there are several things that are far superior on the Kaos.

1. Captured himge pins instead of threaded. Much easier to work on. And you don't need a whole box of toe blocks. Just change inserts and go!

2. Split center diff. Makes servicing the center diff much easier.

3. Wing mount. Just like the design better.

4. CVD's Spring steel. Nuff said

5. Customer support top notch bar none!

That being said, I sold my MBX5R and bought 2 OCM's! I loved my R and never broke anything. If you put the 2 side by side you will see many similarities but you would not still say that it is a copy. I would like to see som CF on it but that is really no biggie. I would bet we will see some in the future. I think people will have a new respect for OCM after this season is in the books.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

wow OCM has spring steel? is that basic on all pro kits?

I also like the idea of being able to tune the linkages with a hex through the ball end.

But, I am just saying it would be nice to see a model with all the hop ups already on them, just to compete with the already present companies.

also I see all this talk about buggies, I wanna see how their Truggy will hold up considering its a heavier truck, and still unreleased.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe someone else can chime in here. From what I understand, the CVD's with the little "bump" in the center is spring steel. I know I read it somewhere but I don't wanna mis inform anyone. It sure looks like it too me.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
wow OCM has spring steel? is that basic on all pro kits?

I also like the idea of being able to tune the linkages with a hex through the ball end.

But, I am just saying it would be nice to see a model with all the hop ups already on them, just to compete with the already present companies.

also I see all this talk about buggies, I wanna see how their Truggy will hold up considering its a heavier truck, and still unreleased.

About the only hop up that doesn't come standard versus Mugen would be titanium linkage and CNC rear hubs.
But the Mugen does NOT come with a CNC rear toe block.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.