R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-03-2008, 11:37 AM   #181
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to vthondaboi Send a message via Yahoo to vthondaboi

Sorry if this question has been asked already. But are many parts interchangeable on the buggy and truggy?

E-Flite Blade CX2 Heli
vthondaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #182
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

Alan,

what is the weight of the OCM Kaos DT19 Buggy as a roller, no engine, electronics, and no wheels as well as its weight RTR?

Also, how did you guys come up with the name for the buggy?
Old 03-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #183
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Alan,

what is the weight of the OCM Kaos DT19 Buggy as a roller, no engine, electronics, and no wheels as well as its weight RTR?

Also, how did you guys come up with the name for the buggy?
Buggy in pro form ready to hit track is 7 pounds 10 oz. If you add lightweight pillow balls and the option chassis its almost 7 pnd 8 oz.

I am honestly not sure what it is bare. Ready to run should be about a couple oz under 8 pounds.
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:29 PM   #184
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Alan, are you having trouble signing into MSN?
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #185
Tech Initiate

Default ETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABURTON View Post
On the shipment of trucks and engines...

It's all on the way. I know the factory went ahead and put the writing
on the cooling heads rather than sending blank for the intro engines.
We also had to prep a much larger order for trucks than I had sent in
the beginning, this due to a increase in orders. I'll be ready to ship
once they make it here and will let you guys know as well once they
arrive. OCM is growing in all aspects and sales are growing. This in
return takes more and more of my time up. I still will always be on
chatting the forums as I was just friday. But sometimes when the
weekend shows up I need a break for some personal racing/testing, or
just to spend time with my family. I will not always have all night to
be available for chatting online either. So if you don't here from me
for 2-3 days nothing is wrong, nothing other than normal business. I
for one am glad it is growing, I just have to manage time better when
this happens. Nothing personal, not that I do not want to chat I just
have orders, invoices, testing, races, payroll, etc...

I do 85% of this on my own and the rest is done by one other guy. I
also like to thank my team guys for picking up the slack online when
we are away at races.

With that being said, I'll be available 10-5 monday -friday(unless out
for a race). During this time I will check emails, take calls, be
online, ship orders, etc. If I am online after hours I will do my best
to chat with my favorite people

Good racing!

AB
I think it is very visible for everyone that you guys are working pretty and do a great job 'evangelizing' the OCM platform. All kudos to you and your peers, that personal touch really makes the difference. What slightly concerns me is the quality of the predications made on availability of new stuff. Particularly looking to earlier announcements on the release of the truggies being made. Please don't get me wrong and don't take this personal as I am sure you are constrained by the factory, but it is a future concern that currently makes me feel unsure and wait ordering more OCM chassis' till I have the truggy ordered in my hands. Same counts for the promised website BTW...

I think it is reasonable to announce/share a new release/shipping date which is feasible and realistic for you guys. Both for the truggy and already announced website.....

Just my 0.02.
herberr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:12 PM   #186
Tech Initiate

Quote:

truggies are on the way and it will be soon
hej Alan, what is soon in your terms? It is pretty quiet the last weeks on the Truggy... Issues? And what about the final pictures and specs? And what about the website you ' were finishing now'? Please keep early adapters like me who already paid for the car updated and be specific instead of using terms like 'soon' or ' wait'. You are losing me.... and am considering another brand based on the bad predictions on availability. Sorry dude...
Old 03-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #187
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Adim_X

Alan is in Vegas racing at silverstate. I am sure he will address your questions when he gets back.

People waiting on truggies just need to have some patience. They will be here soon. I do not know an exact date. Holding someone hostage by stating you will switch brands because of an ETA isn't too kind. I am glad you have bought the car, and obviously that experience makes you want our truggy. Just have patience grasshopper. The delay was for our benefit. We want a good product on the market. Thanks Adam Kasch

Mugen MBX7R ECO/Nitro, Hitec, Sanwa, Jconcepts Tires, OS Speed, Bones Fuel, Fantom
Adim_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #188
Tech Initiate

Default It's all about 'if you promise to deliver, deliver what you promise'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adim_X View Post
Alan is in Vegas racing at silverstate. I am sure he will address your questions when he gets back.

People waiting on truggies just need to have some patience. They will be here soon. I do not know an exact date. Holding someone hostage by stating you will switch brands because of an ETA isn't too kind. I am glad you have bought the car, and obviously that experience makes you want our truggy. Just have patience grasshopper. The delay was for our benefit. We want a good product on the market. Thanks Adam Kasch
Dear Adam-- Thanks for your quick response. Please don't take it harder then it is or stated by me. Looking earlier to this thread the first announcements on the availability on the truggy were made at December 12th. Since this weekend I am pretty concerned that the history will repeat itself; numerous postponements of release/shipping dates. You seem to be in the 'OCM inner circle' and even at this point cannot give more clarification on availability.

Please don't characterize me as being impatient or hostage to someone, that's not fair; the baseline expectations on release dates are set and communicated in this forum and by email, I am only exposing my disappointment because the timelines are not met AND there is no communication about new dates with me. Don't take my comment on switching brands to hot, it's just cause-and-effect what counts for every consumer; if I want something, and it's not available at this point and am uncertain when I can get it, then it's pretty trivial to look for alternatives which are available. This has nothing to do with the other brand or the product itself.

In the end, it's not my intention to try open a can of worms and am only asking for clarity. That's all...
Old 03-08-2008, 11:43 PM   #189
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Herberr...we can't track the shipment until it hits U.S. soil. I'm working on finding out a date right now....as soon as I get something I'll let everyone know. Thanks....

SK
Old 03-09-2008, 05:57 AM   #190
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I was ready to buy one in Dec too, I will continue waiting patiently. My only concern now is parts availability, it would be a bummer to have parts shipments delayed as well. I know amain stocks OCM buggy parts, and probably 90% of the buggy parts work on truggy, but the few that don't[a arms, cvd's, driveshafts,etc] nobody wants to go to a backup ride because they can't get a part.
I'm for one have been looking forward to the new truggy, hoping a parts shortage isn;t a problem too.
pooldoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:18 AM   #191
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Quote:
Buggy in pro form ready to hit track is 7 pounds 10 oz. If you add lightweight pillow balls and the option chassis its almost 7 pnd 8 oz.

I am honestly not sure what it is bare. Ready to run should be about a couple oz under 8 pounds.
Hi Alan,

Do you racers prefer the two options installed during events/competitions? What's your take on the difference in performance (if there's any). Thanks a lot!!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:06 AM   #192
Tech Initiate

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeller View Post
Herberr...we can't track the shipment until it hits U.S. soil. I'm working on finding out a date right now....as soon as I get something I'll let everyone know. Thanks....
SK
Thank you SK, that makes sense. I appreciate the effort on your end to track the status so I can re-adjust my expectations. That was all I was looking for...
Old 03-09-2008, 06:40 PM   #193
Tech Master

OK guys...I just talked to the factory. The shipment of truggies was delayed....but for very good reasons. Bad news is that I can't tell you why...you'll just have to see when they get here.

We also talked about a shipping date....that info has to go through Alan before I post it anywhere. I know this has drug out for a whle now and we apologize....and appreciate everyone's patience. Just bear with us a little longer....you won't be disappointed.

SK
Old 03-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #194
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeller View Post
OK guys...I just talked to the factory. The shipment of truggies was delayed....but for very good reasons. Bad news is that I can't tell you why...you'll just have to see when they get here.

We also talked about a shipping date....that info has to go through Alan before I post it anywhere. I know this has drug out for a whle now and we apologize....and appreciate everyone's patience. Just bear with us a little longer....you won't be disappointed.

SK
Thank you SK, your effort touching base with the factory is again appreciated. Do I interpret your conclusion correctly that the factory shipment didn't arrive at customs yet and/or haven't been shipped?

Alan, please pull the trigger by sharing a revised and realistic ETA..
Old 03-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #195
Tech Initiate

Default Killing time

Hi Shane-- Assuming it takes 2 weeks+ (please correct me if I am wrong) I am considering buying a buggy to kill the time till the truggy comes in. Reading the AMain site it seems the Kaos DT19 was released as a new 'Team/Pro' version; is this correct or is this just the version available for months? And is this new version available for delivery right now, or is it in the same shipment as the truggies?