R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-09-2007, 08:45 PM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Black

hey man I wish I could but you know being a poor college student it makes it hard to fly out there for a week and race. Get my team to get me a ticket and I am so there!

But in all seriousness congrats on the job over at HB and hopefully I can make it out there sometime soon to race with you.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:59 PM   #47
Tech Fanatic

You guys should come to Chicago and freeze your collective asses off while enjoying some hardcore indoor nitro racing at Leisure Hours Raceway. Oh, and BTW, I know quite a few awesome punk clubs here...
Merlin Glow Plugs www.merlinglowplugs.com
Vantage Racing www.vantageracing.com
Mods by Rocket Ray! email: CowboyRa@sbcglobal.net
satoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #48
Tech Master

Black- First off, that was a good burn; I'm a man and I can admit it. Second, ok there is no second I'm still shaking off that burn.

Satoch- Thats actually one of the tracks I've wanted to get out to (as a hobbyist, not just a company rep) for a long time now. Hopefully we can make something happen with regards to getting there one of these days. Maybe I'll wait till I build up some vacation time and travel to Chicago....if for no other reason than to spite Marcus.

P.S. Punk clubs are always an extra macho bonus.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:48 PM   #49
Tech Regular

Hi jeremy
I got the chance to drive a H.B. car once in my life and it was awsome!! To say the least. But may be in the future Ill be able to afford one. Nice to see another freindly adviser giving up all your free time to help us lost r/c souls.
Thanks for every thing...jake
jake alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #50
Tech Master

Jake- Yo man, thanks for the kind words. I don't know if you remember but I'm the same Jeremy that raced with you, Ron, and Josh out at the North vs. South race in Madera. Quite frankly I believe it to be a travesty that you aren't running our cars. Maybe I'll inform a certain engineer to spend less on a future pharmacist and more on his flesh and blood.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:57 PM   #51
Tech Regular

Jeremy I knew it was u all the time. good to see you are still in the seen, master turn marshall, u do have a black belt in flipping cars over it seems.
jake alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:04 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was thinkin g about rrunning vodca in my fuel tank? is thios a good replacement for nitro?
Painy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:20 AM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painy View Post
I was thinkin g about rrunning vodca in my fuel tank? is thios a good replacement for nitro?
If you can get pure moonshine and mix that with nitro and caster oil you'll have a good race fuel.

I, however, drink Dimitri vodka and use the plastic bottles to make mud flaps for my buggy. The quality control drops after the first set of flaps though....
Merlin Glow Plugs www.merlinglowplugs.com
Vantage Racing www.vantageracing.com
Mods by Rocket Ray! email: CowboyRa@sbcglobal.net
satoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:29 AM   #54
Tech Master

Painy- While vodka might work for others I'm going to advise you to refrain from using it. I envision you turning your fuel tank into a drinking glass and missing a race or two as you sit in the pits with your mouth open and your car upside down.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:43 AM   #55
Tech Master

TTT
Old 06-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #56
Tech Rookie

Default engine trouble

I have a old nitro sport that I bought a couple of years ago and broke the crank in the original engine after a couple of gallons of nitro. I now have a HB 28000 .18 Size engine Purple that I bought at a local hobby shop that is no longer open (leisure time hobbies closed down a few years ago). The engine has had about gallon of nitro ran through it and the other day I started it and it ran for about 90 seconds and died. After wearing out both arms trying to restart, I bolted the easy start back on and went through two recharges on the starter battery, still not starting. Then Pulled the head off and noticed on one side of the piston sleve it looks to have some wear, scuff marks. It is getting fuel and has new glow plug, from what I have been reading I think that it will not start due to the scuff on the liner not allowing it to build up enough compression. What do you think? Would I be able to just replace the liner being that it has only had a gallon ran through it and what may have caused this problem? FYI after break in it never seemed to tune out at WOT, about the time it would start winding up the engine would start cutting out, not sure if this may have lead to the problem or not.
two4one is offline   Reply With Quote