R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-29-2007, 06:15 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to shawnyd Send a message via MSN to shawnyd

you guys know that most(85% i would say) pro-motorcross riders DONT use K&N products. I realize it is a different sport all together but consider it. If you didnt know that go to your next local race. raid the pits and ask. I know if someone asked me to fill a little bottle with oil i would do it for free. I race in the NEATV series and GNCC, both at the pro level. I have never seen one K&N guy running an open air box. An open air box is very similiar to rc engines. and K&N products suck, no offense to anyone running them.. I am sponsored by UNI filter , sidex boots, douglas rims, axis shocks, and by many other local shops. I am using maxima FFT for my air filters on EVERYTHING I own. the stuff is water proof. I run in the water and dont worry about my engine sucking water. I am not sponsored by this company, so I not lying to sell a product.

Take my advice and do what you want with it. I would never run that oil in anything i owned. K&n was designed to increase horsepower which in turn means you need more air. more air normally means more dirt which will cause problems.
shawnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:03 AM   #17
Tech Regular

i run K&N on my dirt 4 cyl car, but only with a K&N filter

Go with Rock oil, best stuff made
Old 11-30-2007, 09:34 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It's all about the No-Toil filter oil for my mx bike and r/c's.
I've used it for years and never sucked dirt in on my Yamaha's.
The great thing is it comes with a soap to wash the oil out.
I just throw the filters in the utility sink and wash away.
Good stuff.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:18 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Belray....all the way.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I used to use a K&N for years on my on-road until I was having a hard time tuning a new engine. A friend that was helping me tune it finally yanked it off and threw it away. Then said, "There, now it will run better......" and gave me a foam filter.
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquish View Post
I used to use a K&N for years on my on-road until I was having a hard time tuning a new engine. A friend that was helping me tune it finally yanked it off and threw it away. Then said, "There, now it will run better......" and gave me a foam filter.
I am referring to the filter oil...not the element itself
pwnzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #22
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Talking

tried the k&n oil for about a year and switched to kyosho oil , much better !!! the k&n is a very thin oil and as stated earlier is meant for paper/fiber filters and not for foam filters !!!!
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:08 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to imaxx21

Rock Oil
Old 12-02-2007, 04:19 PM   #24
Tech Regular

I have used Bel Ray for 2 years because, I bought it for my motorcycle and use it on my R/C filters as well, One spray can will last you a year easy. I also use the bel ray filter cleaner and it cleans the filters very well.

With that said I am stuck using my products, if I had to do it over again I would definately defiately use Rock oil or No toil. The chemicals from the cleaner are very bad, and the oil is super sticky and gets everywhere and is difficult to wash off. In order for me to switch now I have to buy all new filters for my motorcycle and r/c's and i will be doing that soon because I am tired of the hassle. With the Rock oil or No toil you can throw filters into the washing machine or just wash out with soapy water. No chemicals easy maintenance.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:12 PM   #25
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

that is why i use kyosho blue oil, it is a nonpetroleum base and washes out very easy and also not a bad thing if it gets sucked into engine !!! castor oil base , same as fuel
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:15 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

My vote goes for the Mugen filter oil man that stuff is sticky
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:51 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i use belray quart bottle on all my inner filters... on the outer, i use caster oil only very lightly... only the outer filter gets heavy dirt deposit on them. inspected the inner thoroughly and didn't find any dirt on the inside...

the pros of the caster is you can wash them with dish washer liquid and they are good as new... i never washed my inner filters...i always replace them...

i put my last dollar on the belray oil....
HobbyThingzBlk 201-E, Tampines Street 23, #01-118, Singapore 520201. Tel: 65-67828311, HP: 65-97465015. www.hobbythingz.com, [email protected]
Regional Sole Distributor for Team Associated, Orbit Electronics, J Concept and PolyButler. Dealer for Tamiya, Kyosho, GS, Proline, Byron, Os Engines, RB, Futaba, Sanwa, KO.....
Please note that we are closed every Tuesday and P.Holiday. Hours are: 12pm-9pm.
Maikaitan is offline   Reply With Quote