Old 11-29-2007, 09:06 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://users.pandora.be/elvo/ if you care lol
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:21 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

go to xray website, and download the xray manual.. it has a great setup help section in the back of it.
Proline Racing / RC America / Xray
dgrobe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:34 PM   #18
Tech Regular

you guys (you know who you are) are a bunch of douche bags. i didnt say i didnt care about my car in general, i just dont care about EVERY little tiny, insignificant angle and adjustment i can make. i asked a very very, very basic question, and all i wanted was a basic answer.

/thread
Mugen MBX-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:48 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Your the only one here that gets enough info that you don't have to ask simple questions. The answers are right in your face but you still like to post dumb questions. Read the information provided and stop wasting everyone's time. As you can see, someone else here read the info provided in your own thread, and now knows more, as for you, your asking a questions but don't use the info already provided. At this rate, you're better off using Google for your basic answers.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:36 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm not sure if you realize or not, but your wheels aren't hanging out in mid air, they are attached to the buggy with something called - yes you guessed it - suspension!

So you can forgive someone for sending you to a suspension article when you were talking about camber settings (wheel angling to some). Any time someone talks about suspension setup they will always talk about camber settings and adjustment.

Since no-one knew through telepathy that your car doesn't have adjustable upper camber links since you never detailed your car in the question, perhaps your reply shouldn't have been aimed at the person trying to help you out but rather at the choice of vehicle if you feel it's stupid to give you half the adjustment capability.

For now, maybe just return your settings to the way it came from the factory and be happy with your 'don't care' bashing life. If you ask questions and people try to help you then you have to just be grateful, not making excuses and dismissing what they have to offer.

RC cars have a level of complexity no matter what level you're driving at. Perhaps the KISS principle would work well here.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:20 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ease up guys, the dude asked what camber is and how much to run, not how does lowering my roll centre affect mid speed corner turn in...

As I said, slight negative camber = good. Positive camber = bad. You don't change camber by altering the position of the camber link. This changes the roll centre, not the camber. To change the camber, you adjust the length of this upper link. I'm not familiar with Himoto's but I would assume this link has threads on it or at least part of it which allows you to alter the length of the link and therefore, the camber.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:19 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'm not going to beat a dead horse, but what everyone else has stated is true and I do have to LMAO...

He cares, but doesn't want to know the details....Maybe we should just say, "It looks cool that way with your wheels "angled""....

The problem is there is a "science" behind why you want your wheels "angled". All we tried to do is "educate" someone and help them, help themself. But rather than COMPLETELY read an article and try and comprehend what it said, they just wanted to take the easy way out and basically say, "Tell me what to do, I don't want to know or understand what it does, I just want to know what to do"....

Which you can't unless you understand why you want that "angle"....

Now there is more than enough information in this thread to take a noob to journeyman, if one so chooses to do so.... "You can lead a horse......"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbine_au View Post
Ease up guys, the dude asked what camber is and how much to run, not how does lowering my roll centre affect mid speed corner turn in...

As I said, slight negative camber = good. Positive camber = bad. You don't change camber by altering the position of the camber link. This changes the roll centre, not the camber. To change the camber, you adjust the length of this upper link. I'm not familiar with Himoto's but I would assume this link has threads on it or at least part of it which allows you to alter the length of the link and therefore, the camber.
HPI - Blitz
bushyar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:59 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:

Remember, he didn't ask about camber, has asked about the "angles". We gave him the info that tells him this is called camber, but thats too much info or too much reading to find out.

As for the Himoto, I don't have one, but the ones I saw have wheel "angle" adjustments on the rear link just like the MBX5R or MP777. The front was also like a MBX5R or the MP777. Either turnbuckle or pivot ball adjustment. I have never seen a non adjustable camber 1/8 scale nitro buggy.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:58 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Quote:

i took the camber off since the only one i can get is positive. (or im doing something wrong).

i think you guys are talking about these:
http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...?idproduct=556

i cant find a whole arm, but those are the things you spin and is that supposed to make more/less camber? thats not what i did. i just put one of my screws through a different hole thats behind the tire, and that angled the tire to a +camber.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:06 AM   #25
Tech Elite

So i am assuming you went from the outer hole to the inner hole?? what you need to do then, is turn those threaded turnbuckles, so that the top of the wheel, will come back closer to the car, and be in the same position, as it was when the link was in the outer hole..
Old 11-30-2007, 09:09 AM   #26
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
So i am assuming you went from the outer hole to the inner hole?? what you need to do then, is turn those threaded turnbuckles, so that the top of the wheel, will come back closer to the car, and be in the same position, as it was when the link was in the outer hole..
yeah thats what i did. i had it all taken apart and was like "ah what the hell, i may as well try it and see" and i found out that all it did was give positive camber

i just put the link into the inner hole so its like stock settings now. now i imagine if i turned that thredded thing closed it would make negative camber?

thanks, thats what i was looking for, ill try it later and see how everything goes.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SkarTisu Send a message via Yahoo to SkarTisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen MBX-5 View Post
yeah thats what i did. i had it all taken apart and was like "ah what the hell, i may as well try it and see" and i found out that all it did was give positive camber

If you readjust camber for that new pivot point, you will have changed roll center, which will affect how the car goes around a corner. It's an adjustment used to finely tune how the car reacts. Since you're bashing with the car, it's not something you'll need to do and the adjustment is subtle enough that you might not even feel the difference.
SkarTisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #28
Tech Elite

yes sir.. turn the threaded thing "turnbuckle" so that the arms come closer together.. until you get the tire vertical, or possibly leaning in some..
Old 11-30-2007, 09:20 AM   #29
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
yeah thats what im talking about, thats not the same buggy as i have though. and my tire is vertical already (i put the screw back into the inner hole, taking my +camber away). i just gotta screw in those arms and hope it doesnt get stripped.

and skartisu: your 2/2 man, thanks a lot. im sure it will change the way the car handles, but like you said, i bash, and i probably wont even fell the difference. its just a himoto, and the difference will be insignificant.

pic of my himoto:
Attached Thumbnails
Angling your tires?-rc1.jpg  
Old 11-30-2007, 09:34 AM   #30
Tech Elite

positive camber is when the tires look like this \----/

negative camber is when the tires look like this /----\

look like your pretty close.. but does look positive on the rea.r. but you got the idea now..