Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Is there anything badder than a Nitro Truggy? >

Is there anything badder than a Nitro Truggy?

Is there anything badder than a Nitro Truggy?

Old 11-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)
Default Is there anything badder than a Nitro Truggy?

Kinda bored lol, so I thought I would ask the question: Is there anything meaner than an 1/8 scale truggy?

I had a Revo, but when I saw the action of 1/8 scale truggy racing, I sold the revo to get my MBX5T. Intense racing action, and I don't think anything in RC ground racing compares. My wife and 2 year old daughter are bored when electrics are racing, monster trucks crash too often and don't jump as far/high, buggies get their attention, but when the truggies come on track, they are smiling lol.

Anybody care to share their truggy experience? Videos would be great, especially if it is racing against other types of rc vehicles.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

ooo yea, id have to aggree with you there, when i saw the OCM DT-19Truggy fly around at my local with a Sirio 27, it was jaw droping.

i used to race the Electric stadium race truck, so seeing somthing similar to what i had, brought back good memories, im contemplating on weather to grab myself one since ill be getting my GO Tech 21 7port next week.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Truggies are fun to watch, but a real pain to turn marshal. I've found that its a shoving match for most truggy racers, but most buggy racers I have seen and raced against tend to wait for the right passing moment. If truggy racing cleaned up, I would join, but with the current aggressive driving style, I would not enjoy it.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Tech Initiate

would a suped up 1/8 truggy beat a baja 5b?? i wouldnt mind seeing those race, those are insane.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by what happened?
would a suped up 1/8 truggy beat a baja 5b?? i wouldnt mind seeing those race, those are insane.

Any truggy would blow the Baja away!!!!! Hell a 1:10 could do it too. I've seen a few Baja on race tracks and they where, lets say very disappointing. I mean the lap times were like a minute slower. The only way I could see a Baja out performing any 1:8 would be on and very wide and strait track...

Truggies are fun to watch, but a real pain to turn marshal. I've found that its a shoving match for most truggy racers, but most buggy racers I have seen and raced against tend to wait for the right passing moment. If truggy racing cleaned up, I would join, but with the current aggressive driving style, I would not enjoy it.
I agree! 95% of all the truggy races I've see, and Marshaled over are hack fest! The Buggy's are usually a lot cleaner of a race class. Unless its a BIG race with a lot of Pro racing, I usually am just astonished with the amount rough driving in the truggy class..
Old 11-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Suspended

Lol, the aggressive racing attitude of truggy racing is what I like. Seeing a bunch of nitro burning, tire spinning, smoke belching machines tearing down a straight or over a jump, where only the baddest survive lol.......my type of racing.

Don't get me wrong, finesse and precision have their place.....
if you like crochet and needlepoint

Just kidding.........When I decided to get a truggy, part of that decision was because I didn't think my revo would stand up to the abuse of racing with truggies. If truggy racing was cleaner, that would not have been a concern, but again, that is what I like about truggy racing. Most exciting class to watch, IMO.

Last edited by badaml; 11-19-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i prefer to watch buggy racing, when its good clean drivers its like watching a doctor perform surgery, unlike alot of the butchers driving truggies...however i do race both bug and trug, just prefer buggy...
Old 11-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Suspended

I hear ya, my analogy is a little different: I prefer watching UFC instead of ballet lol.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Tech Champion

I have to be nice, skillfull and polite driver, driving on-road cars.

However, I can be mean, sadistic, badass driver in off-road hehehehe ..... it's 0 or 1 situation on throttle
Old 11-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badaml
I hear ya, my analogy is a little different: I prefer watching UFC instead of ballet lol.
I think you mean NFL (buggy) and the XFL (truggy)

I have fun running truggy but it is the "hackers" class... like stock truck in 1/10.

The WOT slam bam mentality can be fun but it makes for some major carnage when the talent doesn't match the enthusiasm.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Only thing better than a nitro Truggy is a brushless one with lipo
Old 11-20-2007, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
Only thing better than a nitro Truggy is a brushless one with lipo
+1
Old 11-20-2007, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by what happened?
the baja is for bashing on HUGE tracks. its not up to racing on 1/8 or 1/10 tracks.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (97%+)

I don't think it's possible for the truggies to be as smooth as buggies around the track. if you're driving a bunch of huge, really fast beasts around the track they're going to trade some paint and run some stuff over whether they want to or not.

my favorite thing to watch is on Saturdays at my local track when there's not enough people to run 2 classes so the truggies and buggies run together and the truggies just plow over the buggies like they're not even there

even though "racing is supposed to be serious" at the end of the day we're all doing it just for the fun factor and RC carnage always = more fun...just not when it comes time for repairs
Old 11-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Truggies don't do anything for me. Too easy to drive and too forgiving.

You want bad-ass try driving a full race-built 8th scale onroad around a go kart track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.