R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Tuned Pipe / Header dyno test results

here is some header and tuned pipe combinations tested on my modded P7R.... I am very impressed with the TTR 2035 for such a cheap pipe


Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:07 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
RBMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Santa Clara CA
Posts: 1,264
Default

Where is the fuel economy graph? Power means nothing if you have to make 6 pit stops.
__________________
-EMBX6,T8 1400, RX8, 5S Lipo ,Elite-RC, RCM tray
-EMBX6,T8 1350, RX8, 5S Lipo ,Elite-RC, RCM tray
-B44 (Novak)
-ROAR 4 cell rule Blows
RBMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:22 PM   #3
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMike View Post
Where is the fuel economy graph? Power means nothing if you have to make 6 pit stops.
What am I supossed to say to this ???? I am providing people with dyno tests of different pipe/header combos... a simpe "thank You" would be more appropriate IMO..... I am providing some very usefull information....

FYI this motor has won multiple A-Mains, and is being tested after a full season of racing...it has never had an issue making 9 minutes plus on 150 CC with 9 mm venturi... track has 175 foot straight and is loose dirt... this mill will run down a C6 like its in reverse as well !!! War Picco !
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:03 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
ezveedub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,411
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub
Default

Seems like pretty good info. I have the TTR 2035 long pipe also. I want to try the 2039. Got one coming. I had a Nova 86 pipe. That thing pulled so hard on my P5X, it would literally run down cars ahead of mine of the straight. Need to get a another one, mine got totally destroyed. I think the 2035 is holding back my Axe Rossi Cobra. I strapping a 086 pipe on it tonight to see how it runs. For the price though, they are good for a 3 port or sport motor.
__________________
Kyosho, Mugen Seiki, Maxy's Fuel, KO Propo
O.S., Ninja JX, Novarossi, RMV
ezveedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:36 PM   #5
Tech Master
 
petevette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,243
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to petevette
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
What am I supossed to say to this ???? I am providing people with dyno tests of different pipe/header combos... a simpe "thank You" would be more appropriate IMO..... I am providing some very usefull information....

FYI this motor has won multiple A-Mains, and is being tested after a full season of racing...it has never had an issue making 9 minutes plus on 150 CC with 9 mm venturi... track has 175 foot straight and is loose dirt... this mill will run down a C6 like its in reverse as well !!! War Picco !
Your absolutely right Maximo, you deserve a "thank you". Disregard the ungratefull people that you may run across. Most of us really appreciate you posting those results.
petevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lincoln Park-Chicago
Posts: 881
Default

figured it out
__________________
Bruce Edwards
Thanks to:
Go Tech Engines www.racefactorindustries.com
Merlin Glow Plugs www.merlinglowplugs.com
Vantage Racing www.vantageracing.com
Mods by Rocket Ray! email: CowboyRa@sbcglobal.net
satoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:21 PM   #7
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
Seems like pretty good info. I have the TTR 2035 long pipe also. I want to try the 2039. Got one coming. I had a Nova 86 pipe. That thing pulled so hard on my P5X, it would literally run down cars ahead of mine of the straight. Need to get a another one, mine got totally destroyed. I think the 2035 is holding back my Axe Rossi Cobra. I strapping a 086 pipe on it tonight to see how it runs. For the price though, they are good for a 3 port or sport motor.

We tested the TTR 2035 with both stock manifold that comes with the pipe as well as a Novaross short conical manifold... the TTR with the shorty did very well..

the Cobra X1 is a very long stroke .21. so i could piping being a little different.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:33 PM   #8
Tech Elite
 
ezveedub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,411
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
We tested the TTR 2035 with both stock manifold that comes with the pipe as well as a Novaross short conical manifold... the TTR with the shorty did very well..

the Cobra X1 is a very long stroke .21. so i could piping being a little different.
It don't have the TTR header. The TTR 2039 is strapped to the Axe Rossi header on a short stroke Mamba. I have a Nova short conical header. I'll give it shot also.
__________________
Kyosho, Mugen Seiki, Maxy's Fuel, KO Propo
O.S., Ninja JX, Novarossi, RMV
ezveedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #9
Tech Master
 
tech5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: At the Track
Posts: 1,103
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

PICCO POWER RULES! Thank you for the info you are doing great work!
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:08 PM   #10
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

All these dyno tests are being done by Adam from AB Mods...He is testing a few of my motors and pipes for me..... But this is actualy all of his hard work, not mine LOL !!!!
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:29 PM   #11
Tech Elite
 
ezveedub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,411
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
We tested the TTR 2035 with both stock manifold that comes with the pipe as well as a Novaross short conical manifold... the TTR with the shorty did very well..

the Cobra X1 is a very long stroke .21. so i could piping being a little different.
What Nova header are you using? Is it conical long/short or is it a parabolic header? There are 3 types, standard, conical, and parabolic and have different lengths.
__________________
Kyosho, Mugen Seiki, Maxy's Fuel, KO Propo
O.S., Ninja JX, Novarossi, RMV
ezveedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NTC3 Dual Chamber Tuned Pipe,Header,Coupler F/S NitroMaxx3.3 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 05-28-2007 06:11 AM
os 2050 tuned pipe and header lp1066 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 08-09-2006 08:39 PM
Novarossi Rex Aluminum tuned pipe w/ header for sale Techart27 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 05-15-2004 11:57 AM
JR XR3, JR Servos, GS Racing 21 motor, GS Tuned Pipe & Header HIRISK R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 04-22-2004 03:01 AM
Wanted: Tuned Pipe And Header(HPI) NiTrO_Rs4 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 05-09-2002 08:11 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:48 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net