R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-06-2007, 11:48 PM   #16
Tech Regular

ive cut away the thin recessed areas of both front and rear chassis braces so they only have a bridging affect or small amount of flex, taking them out all together was a bit to much also diffs are 7/7/3
Old 12-07-2007, 11:05 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Jensen View Post
I have noticed with th stock setup that there really isn't any sway, no matter how you adjust. I have gone so far as to cut down the ball cups. But, I don't think it will make a difference. The COG of the car is so low, do you really need sway, and if so has anyone tried anything else? By the way I am running 60wt. Associated oils in fr and rr.
Drew I also thought the stock shock oil 30 was too little as the car was very twitchy, I took it up to 40wt all round. Later today I'll test it on the track. I will make some videos and post it.
Jerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:23 AM   #18
Tech Regular

iv`e also replaced the brake pads with mugan they fit perfect and stop way better you will also find a couple of tower braces that need longer scews
Old 12-08-2007, 05:26 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy View Post
Drew I also thought the stock shock oil 30 was too little as the car was very twitchy, I took it up to 40wt all round. Later today I'll test it on the track. I will make some videos and post it.

Are you droping JAMMIN BUGGY man !!! ??? ...

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:23 PM   #20
Tech Initiate

Hey Jerseyboy do you live in NJ? Where did u purchase the car and where to you plan on getting parts? How much did u pay? sorry for all the questions but I would love to buy this car if its practical for parts and all.
dubdeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:59 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Are you droping JAMMIN BUGGY man !!! ??? ...
Tabushi I'll never drop my X1. The X1 is my no1 car.
The M1-B is just a second buggy to try out. IMO the X1 is a better handling buggy allround.

My X1 is kitted with Super BB's and OS Speed.
The M1 is fitted with a Jammin engine.

Didnt get a chance to get to the track over the weekend, had car trouble. Will do a track comparison next time.

dubdeuce:
I am not in NJ. I really cannot say where parts for this car is available in NJ.
Sorry.
Jerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:06 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Hey folks, I had the chance to run the M1B Turbo again on Tuesday night. It was an indoor track, well watered!!! As the track dried, it was very tacky! Lots of traction. The car was AWESOME! The drivelines are impressive, very smooth and quick. The car has tons of steering, turns when you want to! The low CoG really is nice, when you consider that the swaybars are more for show than anything else. On this tacky track, I really didn't have much traction roll, thanks in large part to the CoG. The first time I drove (about a month ago?), I broke the wing. I installed a Team Cobra wing-Sweet-Very Stable! This car flies level and soaks up the landing, just to go over another triple. I am running a 3 port Nova. and the car was quicker than Losi's with 5 ports. When all is said and done I like this car.

However, I hate to bad mouth this car, but after two nights of playing I have to replace more parts! I never had this problem when I was driving a Mugen-or so I think. Its the same problem as before. The front dog bones are too short. And the outdrives-these lightened pieces of !@#$. Team Magic-What Is Up- I thought you had the original problems fixed. Hence the reason I decided to purchase your car! I Don't want to sound like I am ranting, but after I spend as much money on your car as I would have if I had bought a Kyosho. cha-ching.

I like the way this car drives!!
Now all I need is diffs that don't leak, dogbones that stay in the outdrive, outdrives that don't break, and shocks that were made for the front not the rear, longer adjusters for front upper arms, and a better attitude!
Drew Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #23
Tech Apprentice

Default low res pics

All I know is this is not right.

Yes, the pins are in the lightened area. They started out in the slot and ended up here. On one of the cups you can see where it broke. Stress Fracture?
Attached Thumbnails
Building my M1B-Turbo: Technical-img_1874.jpg   Building my M1B-Turbo: Technical-img_1870.jpg   Building my M1B-Turbo: Technical-img_1871.jpg   Building my M1B-Turbo: Technical-img_1872.jpg   Building my M1B-Turbo: Technical-img_1873.jpg  

Last edited by Drew Jensen; 12-14-2007 at 03:39 AM. Reason: explanation
Drew Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #24
Tech Rookie

i like the motor and pipe......not so much the car....in my eyes that thing is BUTT ugly...no offense or anything.
os v-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Quote:
Yes, the pins are not in the outdrives right. They are currently in the lightened part, they should be in the slots that are slightly larger than the pins themselves.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:57 AM   #26
Tech Regular

i agree drew i have given this buggy more chance than anyone i know and i think the companys arrogance let it down they basicaly said we dont need a pro driver for this car to sell it will sell its self,im switching to xray next year,now if this buggy had xray quality
Old 12-14-2007, 06:27 AM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
Yes, the pins are not in the outdrives right. They are currently in the lightened part, they should be in the slots that are slightly larger than the pins themselves.
You're right. Drew has the pins in the wrong place. Pins go in the slots. Of course you will snap the outdrive with it flopping around in that big gap.

I've been doing a bunch of testing to find a sensible shock setup for this car. I am up to 30wt oil with 1 x 1.5mm hole in the front and 2 x 1.5mm holes in the rear with 50wt oil. Car was much better. The car is too lightly damped out of the box in my opinion.

I'll report back more after xmas when I our track gets up and running again.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:22 PM   #28
Tech Apprentice

hey michael, did you get my emails?
TM Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:17 AM   #29
Tech Regular

Quote:

Yes, the pins are in the lightened area. They started out in the slot and ended up here. On one of the cups you can see where it broke. Stress Fracture?
Drew, if you compress the front suspension of the car completely, does one end of the UJ pin hang out of the drive cup?

Also, the diffs leak because of the grub screw used to "tension" the diff. Locktite it into position and diffs will stop leaking.

What do you mean by "longer adjusters for front upper arms"??

Andrew
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:23 AM   #30
Tech Regular

New shocks and towers have transformed my M1B-T from to

Now I just need to find the ideal spring/oil combo.
Hong Nor Red's in photo but have moved to Xray Dark Blues which feel better.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote