Community
Wiki Posts
Search

engine problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Default engine problem

how come when i go to accelerate, it almost seems like the engine doesnt have enough power or something, it doesnt start moving until about 20% throttle, or 8000 RPM or so, why is that? is it my tuning? my clutch springs (i think i installed stiff springs), or is it just because im breaking the engine in still? its a LRP .28 zspec.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

snow is fine, as long as your receiver box is relativley watertight, as remeber the hot engine head will melt the snow. as for the engine, yes it sounds like the springs are a bit hard. do you like it like that? personally i would like to have my engine engage later (if i could, there don't seem to be any 1/10 clutch springs) because of the powerband of the engine. they don;t have much torque at low RPM's.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

hey, its me "what happened", and i just wanted to include this in the first post.

we just got about 3 inches of snow here, can i still run my car in that? just on the road maybe in the packed snow or what? i dont wanna go plowing through all the fluffy stuff and cover my car in it... or do i?
Old 11-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joe of loath
snow is fine, as long as your receiver box is relativley watertight, as remeber the hot engine head will melt the snow. as for the engine, yes it sounds like the springs are a bit hard. do you like it like that? personally i would like to have my engine engage later (if i could, there don't seem to be any 1/10 clutch springs) because of the powerband of the engine. they don;t have much torque at low RPM's.
awesome thats just what i wanted to hear!. i took it out at lunch today and ripped it around in my yard, and that snow was real fluffy and was getting everywhere (i ran it without the body on, shouldnt have). so i took it on the road where the snow was packed, and those brand new crimefighters hooked up so nice, it was lots of fun. i cant wait to see how my brand new badlands hook up in the snow!!!!.

how would i make my receiver box watertight?? i was just thinking of taking a bag or something, covering it, then duct taping it down so no water/snow can get in? is it only my receiver box im worried about? or the servos too? theyre junk servos, himoto or something.

and no, i hate it how my engine has to get up to RPM to start rolling, are you positive its not my tuning?? its still on the factory tune, and im running in very very cold conditions?

and why is snow on the head a bad thing?? i didnt get any in anyways, i wrap tin foil around the blue thin plates and no snow gets in, then i keep the tin foil on so when it cools, it cools off slowly, this is good right?

and how the hell did your post end up on top of mine... and with the same respond time. 12:39, theres no way you read all that, and typed all that in under a minute :s
Old 11-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

the forums been acting up lately. i actually posted around an hour later!

your receiver box may be watertight already. but for extra protection but the receiver in a ballon with all the wires out of the hole, and cable tie and tape the last bit up. it should be good enough.

i can't wait till it snows here. (hopefully). i'll see how my rally car handles on the snow with the factory slicks (not enough money to put rally blocks on )

and your car... is it revving up before it pulls away? or is it only revving as you pull away? it could be because its too rich, but the cold should offset that. i have to richen up from the factory settings to get a good tune, and i live in england. but it is cold and damp.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joe of loath
the forums been acting up lately. i actually posted around an hour later!

your receiver box may be watertight already. but for extra protection but the receiver in a ballon with all the wires out of the hole, and cable tie and tape the last bit up. it should be good enough.

i can't wait till it snows here. (hopefully). i'll see how my rally car handles on the snow with the factory slicks (not enough money to put rally blocks on )

and your car... is it revving up before it pulls away? or is it only revving as you pull away? it could be because its too rich, but the cold should offset that. i have to richen up from the factory settings to get a good tune, and i live in england. but it is cold and damp.
yes it revs up to about 8000 rpm, then it takes off. i dont think my receiver box is watertight, its just a junk himoto one. i dry all the snow off with a heat gun after im done driving it though, just to make sure water doesnt sit on the wires and stuff, cuz i dont think it will evaporate when its like -0 outside...

other then that, this LRP .28 thats a truggy engine, that i have in my 1/8 buggy is intense, it just screams while spinning up that snow with her new crimefightes!!, like i said before, cant wait to try my badlands on the snow.

and i dont think your racing slicks will be fun in the snow, at all, if any. my car has so much power, it spins out uncontrollably even with brand new crimefighters... i can only imagine slicks would be worse. if my car had slicks, it wouldnt even move i dont think, it would just sit and spin the whole time, unless you were super super, super, light on the throttle.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

my rally car has a 280 motor in

yeah your clutch springs are stiff. if you don't like it like that get some softer springs.
is your receiver getting damp? don't worry about the servos, they're just motors, but the receiver should really be kept in a balloon.