R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-23-2007, 02:31 PM   #31
Tech Regular

I dont care who it is, but if someone ever ran over my 1000$ car just for fun, id smash every window out of their house at night, id smash all 6 windows outta their car, id slash their tires and pour a few cans of paint inside the whole car. id also get a few buddies to throw 3 or 4 eggs each, for a total of about 200 eggs.

i would then deny the whole thing, and ask her to prove it, which would be impossible as i would be wearing all black, a mask, and some gloves and shoes i dont nomally wear.

thats BS that some miserable B1tch runs over a rc car just for fun, i seriously hoped someone screamed at that lady or something. made her cry. if that ever happened to me, she/he better call an ambulance for themselves before they start their car to try and crush mine.
Mugen MBX-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:42 PM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

If there were witnesses you should take her to small claims court. Letting her get away with it is the worst thing to do. Even if it takes time and effort you should make the system work for you whenever possible. Get your witnesses together, call the police and demand to press charges for destruction of property.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 03:01 PM   #33
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
If there were witnesses you should take her to small claims court. Letting her get away with it is the worst thing to do. Even if it takes time and effort you should make the system work for you whenever possible. Get your witnesses together, call the police and demand to press charges for destruction of property.
^^^^^^^^Trust me that works I saw some one shoot down one of my friend's giant scale RC-plane, worth about 1200 dollars, he got every penny back doing what Davidka said.
Sambolina3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 03:32 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
M80's are for girls.
lets use a pipe bomb then if a M80 aint man enough for ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
Ever see a movie called The Butterfy Effect ?

No need to take a chance on hurting somebody .
well just have to get Aston to keep changing the ending till we get one we like
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 05:38 PM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

guys guys guys and of course gals ....little rc rage in here...... look i know it a upset for our fellow rc guy car got ran over but "what goes around comes around and it will come back on the lady " karma is a you know what...

blaze
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 07:48 PM   #36
Tech Addict

Bobby is right, at some in her life she will get what is comming to her.

As for now, whats done.....is done.....we can not change it.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:51 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to xsxracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Manzella View Post
That sucks but I am also old enough to know that there are 2 sides to every story.

Did she drive up into their yard/driveway to run it over?
+1
Old 11-24-2007, 09:49 AM   #38
Tech Fanatic

The lady that lives down the street from me is just like this lady, she hates rc cars. I only run in my neighborhood when I need to break in a engine or do some tuning and she just stares and gives me dirty looks. But her Lawn mower is 2x as loud

Last edited by Tim W.; 11-24-2007 at 09:50 AM. Reason: spelling
Tim W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:16 PM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim W. View Post
The lady that lives down the street from me is just like this lady, she hates rc cars. I only run in my neighborhood when I need to break in a engine or do some tuning and she just stares and gives me dirty looks. But her Lawn mower is 2x as loud
lmao @ her lawn mower is 2x as louder
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:24 PM   #40
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblaze View Post
lmao @ her lawn mower is 2x as louder
It is sad how everyone bitches about how loud nitro RC cars are, yes some are quite loud, others not so much. But i have yet in my life to hear a weed eater (not electric of course) be quieter than any nitro RC car i have ever heard.

Kyosho 777 WC w/ big bores, RB S5, ACE 1313 s., Air 357 t., JP-3
HPI Savage X SS, Axial .28, Hitec 5645 Steering servo
Nitro TC3, O.S. .18 CV-R
Associated RC18T, Brushless, Lipo
wes95_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:30 PM   #41
Tech Elite

not to play devils advocate here.. but.. we dont know the whole drama between the said rccar owner, and the old lady, i am by no mean condoning what the lady did, adn she should pay for it.. however, who knows what happened.. did she come out and ask them to not drive on the street?? did she ask them to not do it??

I know my cars are loud, and not as loud as my mower either.. however, my car for some reason made the dog across the street go nuts, i mean absolutly nuts.. the lady came out, and asked me to not run the car on the street in front of the house.. i simply put it up, and said im sorry..
Proline Racing / RC America / Xray
dgrobe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:31 PM   #42
Tech Elite

and i commend everyone who has stepped up to help.. i cant at this moment, however, i have helped plenty of racers before. its good to see the RC community step up to help someone like this..
Proline Racing / RC America / Xray
dgrobe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:31 AM   #43
Tech Initiate

Why not call the local news and let them know. i dont think she will go on to tell her story but her name would be out in public about what she did to a son a dad project. They can put her name and show a picture of the front of her house a car in the driveway without permission. There are two sides but to run over a car is nuts. All she had to do is say get that out of the road and call the police could have asked the to keep it in the yard.
Jaysun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:57 AM   #44
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to wog....supraman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim W. View Post
yea..wat a bitch.....i run my cars generally on the road...neva had it been threatennd by neighbours or anything.....i dont run em as often as i used 2...buy if sum lady came up 2 me n askd me 2 turn it off or leave....i would happfuli go down 2 the park....if she ran it over...then WW3 would start...

but most the time i get ppl cummin up 2 me n askin me about it...and awww-ing as i pop wheelies down the road....thats about it...

i know wat u mean bout lawn mowers hey..guy down the road has a lawn mower...i swear it is like a bloody v12 methanol run mower though....sooo loud..open exhaust...no cat/muffler...straight through
Tamiya TNX5.2R, Taniya TA05, Tamiya TB-02, Team Associated Factory Team B4, Twister CP V2, HoBao Pirate 10 MT, Tamiya TNX5.2R spare chassis x2, ebay spec submarine, HSP Rock crawler! FOR SALE!!! pm me
wog....supraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:25 AM   #45
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

In regard to noise - I can tell you this. My 8th scale buggy *sounds* much louder when running up and down the street than any mower or weed whacker I have heard in the neighborhood. Is it louder in reality? Probably not BUT decibels aren't the only thing that give a perception of "loud". Frequency is just as big of a factor.

My buggy's high-pitched scream echos off the houses as I go down the street. The low tones of the mowers and weed whackers do not. The old guy across the street comes out to watch every time I run the buggy (He is an old gearhead). He never even hears my mower.

Either way - this story reeks of suburban drama. I am betting that there are some underlying tensions between the 2 neighbors that resulted in this. I am pretty confident when I say that the kid's father probably did something to piss off the woman in question previously.

Does it make what she did right? No but at the same time I can tell you that there are a few kids in my neighborhood who lack anything resembling discipline or parents who understand "personal responsibility" and if one of their skateboards ever come towards my car when I am driving down the street I promise you I won't bother to try not to run it over.