R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-20-2007, 04:26 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Front Toe Out Question

Hi Guys,

Just a quickie,

How do you guys set it up? what i mean is if you wanted 2 degrees toe out on the front would you:

1 - Adjust both the right and left wheels so they both have 2 degrees toe out on each

or

2 - Adjust the right wheel 1 degrees and the left wheel 1 degrees thus both combined eqaulling 2 degrees.

Only reason i ask is i normally do method 1 but someone said to me this is not 2 degrees toe out but 4!!!

Cheers

Brian
Megacrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:34 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Each wheel is measured independently from the centerline of the vehicle. You do not add the measurements together. 2 degrees toe out on the left is 2 degrees. Just make sure they are the same on each side.
Merlin Glow Plugs www.merlinglowplugs.com
Vantage Racing www.vantageracing.com
Mods by Rocket Ray! email: CowboyRa@sbcglobal.net
satoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:41 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i think its 2 per wheel. but what does front toe do?
Old 11-20-2007, 04:51 AM   #4
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy

Depending on how you have your toe set up it can keep you more stable in a straight and give you more steering . But going too much either way can hurt you just as bad or worse . If you look on Xray`s website for the XB8 manual , in back it has a good set up guide to explain what tuning option does what .
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:52 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to hyper7vspec

Front toe out will make your car initially turn into corners tighter and quicker and give you more mid corner steering.It does make the car less stable on the straights though.

Experiment with it as it has a huge effect on your car, i used to run 2 degrees toe out and think it was great but after experimenting with front toe i have found i prefer neutral or a little toe in.My car still had loads of turn in but i can drive it harder out of corners without it wanting to spin out, makes it a nicer car to push hard.

Go to each extreme and u will clearly see what i mean,try 4 degrees toe in then come in to the pits and change it to 4 degrees toe out,after this u will clearly understand what it does as it is so blidingly obvious,setup is all about experimenting and trying everything on the track and seeing how it affects the car so you know exactly what each adjustment does then it leaves no guesswork when u come to setting up your car on a new track because u will know exactly what you need.Or atleast have a good idea

cheers

TLR - OMP/Modelflight - Orion - Proline - Nitrolux Fuel - Savox - HobbyWing - RCRS.com.au - Schelle - NVision - Ace Hobbies
hyper7vspec is offline   Reply With Quote