Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Is there anything badder than a Nitro Truggy? >

Is there anything badder than a Nitro Truggy?

Is there anything badder than a Nitro Truggy?

Old 11-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

[QUOTE=rabidsquirrel;3887370]I love any kind of racing, as long as it's not a long sequence of same-handed turns!

I race 1:1 on-road motorcycles (2002 Yamaha YZF-R1 in WERA). It may quite well be the most addicting thing known to mankind!

Now that is some exciting racing--rubbing bar end through an 80+ mph sweeper, then accellerate as sast a possible down the straight to see who has the biggest balls and will get on the brakes a split second later to get the front wheel (which happens to be sliding across the track slightly at this time) roll in the throtle to unload the front and continue to muscle the bike into the turn all the time you are within arms distance of your fellow racers. THIS HAS TO BE THE MOST INCREDIBLE FEELING THERE IS WHEN YOU ARE SLIDING THE FRONT END OF A BIKE THROUGH A CORNER AT WELL OVER 100 MPH YET IT IS STILL CONTROLLED (FOR NOW ANYWAY)
Old 11-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

[QUOTE=shady3031;3893960]
Originally Posted by rabidsquirrel
I love any kind of racing, as long as it's not a long sequence of same-handed turns!

I race 1:1 on-road motorcycles (2002 Yamaha YZF-R1 in WERA). It may quite well be the most addicting thing known to mankind!

Now that is some exciting racing--rubbing bar end through an 80+ mph sweeper, then accellerate as sast a possible down the straight to see who has the biggest balls and will get on the brakes a split second later to get the front wheel (which happens to be sliding across the track slightly at this time) roll in the throtle to unload the front and continue to muscle the bike into the turn all the time you are within arms distance of your fellow racers. THIS HAS TO BE THE MOST INCREDIBLE FEELING THERE IS WHEN YOU ARE SLIDING THE FRONT END OF A BIKE THROUGH A CORNER AT WELL OVER 100 MPH YET IT IS STILL CONTROLLED (FOR NOW ANYWAY)
My last bike was an FZ750, lol, the first Genesis engine. But, being older with a family, I have neither the financial means or recuperative (in case of the inevitable crash lol) means to race bikes anymore. So, RC racing still gives me the sound of a winding engine, and the thrill of competition, without the huge financial investment and without injuries lol. Not quite the same, but that is the reason for this thread: Is there anything closer to 1:1 racing than a truggy? Not for me.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

i like the buggies myself, but the monster trucks are pretty cool too, which is why im gettin one next week, truggies dont interest me.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dave_x8
i like the buggies myself, but the monster trucks are pretty cool too, which is why im gettin one next week, truggies dont interest me.
After you own that monster truck and start racing it couple of times...., you are going to start thinking to buy a truggy afterward.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

i will probably end up with a truggy too, then i will have the best of bot worlds, buggy, truggy, and monster truck, boats look good too...hmmm..$$
Old 11-24-2007, 06:17 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've wanted an 8ight-T to compliment my 8ight for some time, but nearly every race I went to and watched the truggy races, everybody just hacks eachother at full throttle - even with the fast drivers. It exists in buggy racing too, but it's not nearly as common. It has still turned me off from truggy racing.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by badaml
Dave, here is the track I will be racing on:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lZ_mR3UEPFI&feature=user

Not quite local lol, but neither is my work, 77 miles each way.
looks like a wicked track, i havent taken mine to a proper buggy track yet, just bashing it on bmx tracks, all the best on raceday mate, have fun
Old 11-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
I raced truggy for half a season and had a blast, but to really appreciate what a truggy can do, you need to watch Taylor James power his jammin CRT around the track. I was in awe of the precision in which he throws that truck around the track. If You have time to catch a local race in Pleasant hill missouri, just outside Kansas City, I suggest you make time. After that I went out and bought one! But then I sold it and got married. Now It's 1/8th buggy only.
i will be visiting this track next summer...i have a friend that races there and know taylor and his dad...he had invited me to come down and race him...
Old 11-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave_x8
you like MT's and buggies, but you dont like truggies??? a truggy is half of each...
Old 11-25-2007, 05:49 AM
Tech Addict

Even though none of these rc vehicles are scale, I like the buggy best because it is the closest to what a real offroad vehicle would perform like. The tires of the buggy have a great effect on the flight of the buggy thru the air. Nothing like a Monster truck or truggy. You can just do back flip after back flip with either of those. I don't really like that... Are truggies badass? Absolutly, just not my particular taste.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tdeal823
Truggy racing is fun. I raced Truggy for a year. But way to often it is a bunch of MT guys that think they can race and it just ruins it for the "Real Racers". I only drive buggy now.
Not to be a broken record here but....
If you think Rubbin' Is Racing.... Your a HACK!
Part of racing is a bit of bumping and such. I'm no advocate of taking somebody out or anything like that, but a bit of bumping and such isn't an issue in my mind. Like everything else, if taken to an extreme there's an issue.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
2wd vehicles teach you how to drive and how to race... anyone who thinks they are pretty good and have only raced 1/8 needs to try running 1/10 truck.
Speaking from personal experience, I cut my teeth on 1/10 electric buggy. (Orig. RC10) Going from that to an 1/8 buggy is entirely different. The 1/8 is much easier to drive. But I most definitely agree with you except with any 1/10 scale car
Old 11-25-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Truggy racing would have cleaner driving if they were not using the same 4 inch lane barrier pipes as the 1/10th electric cars. Try racing truggy with an 1/8th scale sized barrier pipe like an 8 inch diameter barrier pipe that you couldn't just run over. When a 1/10th scale car hits a 4 inch pipe it gets stuck, so the drivers are more careful about their driving, when a 1/8th gets hits the same 4 inch pipe, its goes over it. Their just insn't much of a reason not to drive WOT in 1/8th scale

1/10th buggy is even more educational than 1/10th truck as you have to actually hit certain smoother lines on the track to be fast.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i like use to say to myself why do people race monter trucks because i love truggies,buggy and on road touring ........ i like the speed of all three ....until one day i was at the track with some friends ...... we all have losi 8 , jammin buggies and truggies...any way this guy and son showed up and yank out 2 salvages... to make a story short they kick butt in the truggy race ....them guys know the science of the monster truck....so i have respect for monter truck now...

blaze
Old 11-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scrubb
Truggy racing would have cleaner driving if they were not using the same 4 inch lane barrier pipes as the 1/10th electric cars. Try racing truggy with an 1/8th scale sized barrier pipe like an 8 inch diameter barrier pipe that you couldn't just run over. When a 1/10th scale car hits a 4 inch pipe it gets stuck, so the drivers are more careful about their driving, when a 1/8th gets hits the same 4 inch pipe, its goes over it. Their just insn't much of a reason not to drive WOT in 1/8th scale

1/10th buggy is even more educational than 1/10th truck as you have to actually hit certain smoother lines on the track to be fast.
+1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.