R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-20-2007, 02:54 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeal823 View Post
Truggy racing is fun. I raced Truggy for a year. But way to often it is a bunch of MT guys that think they can race and it just ruins it for the "Real Racers". I only drive buggy now.
Not to be a broken record here but....
If you think Rubbin' Is Racing.... Your a HACK!
+2
Merlin Glow Plugs www.merlinglowplugs.com
Vantage Racing www.vantageracing.com
Mods by Rocket Ray! email: CowboyRa@sbcglobal.net
satoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:06 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if you take the best lines and drive fast on carpet it should be the same way on the dirt unless you arent running against fast guys. carpet racing you dont worry as much about changing track conditions or ruts in jumps and corners...........
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:08 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson View Post
hey i doent mind driving on dirt roads to get to the dirt track...
+2
Merlin Glow Plugs www.merlinglowplugs.com
Vantage Racing www.vantageracing.com
Mods by Rocket Ray! email: CowboyRa@sbcglobal.net
satoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:09 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badaml View Post
Don't get me wrong, finesse and precision have their place.....if you like crochet and needlepoint.
Truggy racing is for bashers who can't cut it as a buggy racer j/k I take it the new ride is treating you good, how do you like your new life out there?.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:51 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Truth be told, any r/c vehicle can be raced with skill and not be a demolition derby of sorts. Truggies too. It's all in the driver skill and race mentality.

Case in point: watch any A main at a national level event and you will see truggies under complete control and tight racing too. Not everyone has to hack their way around the track.

Also, the same "hack" style of slam racing exists in 1/8 buggy for the same reason: they are so powerful and easy to drive, it makes everyone think they are racers. Anyone can take a big powerful 4wd 1/8 and grab throttle.

It's the braking, turning, and the NOT grabbing throttle that they don't understand.

2wd vehicles teach you how to drive and how to race... anyone who thinks they are pretty good and have only raced 1/8 needs to try running 1/10 truck.
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:52 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdoctor View Post

2wd vehicles teach you how to drive and how to race... anyone who thinks they are pretty good and have only raced 1/8 needs to try running 1/10 truck.
amen

TEAM OCM USA
TEAM GO TECH
TEAM PRO TWISTER MODS
TEAM VP PRO TIRES

OCM RACING DT-19 EVO, GO TECH ENGINES PTM'ED

OCM RACING DT-19T PRO, GO TECH ENGINES PTM'ED
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:26 PM   #37

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Love how people always talk about 2wd lol, it doesn't teach you much since it is SOOOOO much different.

As far as other drivers plowing into others, no, that is not cool, nor is it racing. I don't agree with anyone just hoping to make it around the track; definitely not what I like to see. But the occasional banging into each other, and certainly hitting the track barriers happens, and that is where truggies show how tough they are. My favorite thing about them is the sheer power and force.

I used to race motorcycles way back when lol, was into sport compacts and muscle cars also. Now that I am older and can't afford the broken bones or speeding tickets, it is rc that gives me my little thrill of racing. Electric doesn't do it for me, need to hear the sound of an engine. I also had a 1/10 scale tc, was fun and helps with driving immensely. Driving a truggy afterwards, the response feels slow in comparison. But, the truggy just feels more real, the closest you can get to actual 1:1 racing.

FuelFlames: Good to hear from you. Just got my receiver back from spectrum, they replaced it with a new one free of charge. Getting a dynamite hard coated 086 pipe, since the track out here is way bigger. The mugen has been treating me very well lol. I will be back sometime after the new year to get some of the stuff I had to leave behind, and I will bring it with me. We will have to get together so I can show you the fast way around the track lol.
Past: Kyosho Raider, Traxxas GTP, Kyosho Optima, Jato 3.3, Tmaxx 2.5, Revo 2.5, Revo 3.3, TC4, MBX5t, Hyper 7, Emaxx, Vorza, Inferno VE, XXXT, Hyper Sprint, SC8e, Erevo, Rustler VXL, RC18b, Baja 5b, Parrot AR Drone, Mini ERevo VXL, HB D8Te, D8, Slash 2wd, Slash 4wd, HB Ve8,Blade 350QX, Alien Quad 450, DJI F450, DJI F550, Losi 8 3.0, DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, Traxxas Summit
badaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:33 PM   #38
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to playboy Send a message via Skype™ to playboy

i have a hpi 5b and they are ok. they dont do that well in the sand. and yes they dont have enough power. the top speed on flat road is about 35-40 mph
i think the car is not worth 1,000 dollors
matbe it is worth 600 max
playboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:00 PM   #39

Dave, here is the track I will be racing on:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lZ_mR3UEPFI&feature=user

Not quite local lol, but neither is my work, 77 miles each way.
Past: Kyosho Raider, Traxxas GTP, Kyosho Optima, Jato 3.3, Tmaxx 2.5, Revo 2.5, Revo 3.3, TC4, MBX5t, Hyper 7, Emaxx, Vorza, Inferno VE, XXXT, Hyper Sprint, SC8e, Erevo, Rustler VXL, RC18b, Baja 5b, Parrot AR Drone, Mini ERevo VXL, HB D8Te, D8, Slash 2wd, Slash 4wd, HB Ve8,Blade 350QX, Alien Quad 450, DJI F450, DJI F550, Losi 8 3.0, DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, Traxxas Summit
Old 11-21-2007, 02:55 AM   #40
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdoctor View Post
.... anyone who thinks they are pretty good and have only raced 1/8, needs to try running 1/10 truck.
I try it ...... sucks.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:40 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Hmmm... is there anything badder? Maybe not... but driver skill makes a huge difference. I watched a Revo running with the truggies lay the smack down on them... of course it was one of the top pro drivers, but still.

I drive a buggy... but watching the Revos and Truggies I get a bad case of tire envy! All that traction, and the corrugated is just a speed bump if you get out of shape!
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #42

Driver skill being equal, nothing is meaner than a truggy
Old 11-21-2007, 10:45 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeal823 View Post
Truggy racing is fun. I raced Truggy for a year. But way to often it is a bunch of MT guys that think they can race and it just ruins it for the "Real Racers". I only drive buggy now.
Not to be a broken record here but....
If you think Rubbin' Is Racing.... Your a HACK!
I didn't realize your track ran beginners and experts together. I wouldn't expect to run at the same time with pro drivers or the "real racers" as you put it. Or are you one of those with the pro driver attitude but without the pro driver skills?
Old 11-22-2007, 06:42 AM   #44
Tech Apprentice

<<<<Pesident of Hack-ers Anonymous

Losi 8ight
RB S311

Mugen MBX5T Prospec
Trinity Platinum Draked W/JP-4

Airtronics, Spektrum, King Headz, Rb, Losi, Hpi, Amb, Ford, Bud Light, Hitec, Dynamite, Proline, qoncepts, Jconcepts, Mugen, Trinity, Ofna, JR, and on and on!
Scott8ight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:06 AM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I raced truggy for half a season and had a blast, but to really appreciate what a truggy can do, you need to watch Taylor James power his jammin CRT around the track. I was in awe of the precision in which he throws that truck around the track. If You have time to catch a local race in Pleasant hill missouri, just outside Kansas City, I suggest you make time. After that I went out and bought one! But then I sold it and got married. Now It's 1/8th buggy only.