R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-25-2007, 07:14 AM   #31
Tech Rookie

Hello !!! The rear bearing broke apart after 2 gallons..... and cause the other parts to broke also...

A lot of guy had this problem. JIM TOLD ME

Don't try to put the fault on what ever it is.

Please.

I am waiting to buy 2 more novarossi. And I am willing to put ceramic bearing in it before they run. But please don't talk to customer like if they were idiot. ( I know that you know the story)
Luc252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:33 AM   #32
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc252 View Post
Hello !!! The rear bearing broke apart after 2 gallons..... and cause the other parts to broke also...

A lot of guy had this problem. JIM TOLD ME

Don't try to put the fault on what ever it is.

Please.

I am waiting to buy 2 more novarossi. And I am willing to put ceramic bearing in it before they run. But please don't talk to customer like if they were idiot. ( I know that you know the story)
as i stated in an earlier post "novarossi may believe in quality but that doesnt mean the people they buy a million dollars worth of bearings at a time from has the same belief in quality " and yes they know about the bearing failure in the plus series engines !!! it is being addressed
and that story was not aimed at anyone , just a scenario i have been involved with at least a dozen times over !
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:11 PM   #33
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

anyone know the factory settings for this 367 ???
nobike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:28 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mremtr View Post
If you don't run the engine in correctly YOU WILL RUIN IT PERIOD!!!
If your air filter isn't prepared properly YOU WILL RUIN IT PERIOD!!!
If you don't pay attention to details like fuel line routing and throttle linkage set up your just asking for trouble ! I have run just about every engine out there whether it was mine or someone Else's and I have seen TONS and TONS
of engines run incorrectly and ruined in minutes ! Seconds when the air filters fell off
I love my Novarossi's !! And take very good care of them so they treat me well ,abuse a Nova and it will TAKE YOU OUT !!
I love the guy that gets his new engine Friday afternoon runs a few tanks though it on the starter box then starts to race tune it ,brings it to the track on Sunday and commences to whip the ever loving s$!t out it . Wins a few qualys and then it starts to eat glow plugs like poprocks.
And then says "What a piece of crap! I'm never buying one of these things again " Good meat head don't ! Leave them for the ones that can operate them properly!
I totally agree with you us here in Australia have only had problems with the 367 if the engine wasnt run in the proper way and cheap quality fuel was used.

I have run my 367 for more than 10 litres with no problems at all .Another racer i know has also run his 367 with about 15 litres put through it and he's just changed his glow plug and rear bering after 15 litres .And no flames outs .People cause themselves problems by trying to get the maximum out of a engine and running it to the limit and thats were your problems will start to occur .

Every engine has it's limit and you must not cross that line .
cheap garbage fuel is another factor of destroyed engines .

Follow Ron Paris's (may he rest in peace) engine run in procedure and you will never have a problem.
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:41 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobike View Post
anyone know the factory settings for this 367 ???
If your looking for HSN & LSN settings on this engine from factory, I can only say follow this link:

http://www.novarossi.it/faq/carb-set...1-engines.html

Other than that, everyones engine will be different. I ran mine with a 359 Race turbo button, stock shimming, TQ 30% fuel & Nova #7 turbo glowplugs. Stick to the gold plugs in standard for better durability if your using stock head insert.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:57 PM   #36
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
If your looking for HSN & LSN settings on this engine from factory, I can only say follow this link:

http://www.novarossi.it/faq/carb-set...1-engines.html

Other than that, everyones engine will be different. I ran mine with a 359 Race turbo button, stock shimming, TQ 30% fuel & Nova #7 turbo glowplugs. Stick to the gold plugs in standard for better durability if your using stock head insert.
cool thanks..................
nobike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:03 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Houston do you use the stock head button in the 367 ? Also what head clearance are you recommending ?
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:05 PM   #38
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Reilly View Post
Houston do you use the stock head button in the 367 ? Also what head clearance are you recommending ?
the best that i have seen the 367 engine run is with turbo button #28011 , odonnell 77t plug with .80mm shim , then pipe it to your track (9853/41005). hope this helps you out man
monty
i like the 367 for bigger open tracks but for anything with tight technical sections , they just dont perform as well as some of my other 14 novarossi engines strange port design on 'em for sure
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM

Last edited by houston; 05-19-2009 at 01:29 PM.
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:29 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Houston most of our tracks I would call medium size. I was thinking of trying one. It looks like I should keep a P5 around as well. What would you recommend ?
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:22 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Reilly View Post
Houston most of our tracks I would call medium size. I was thinking of trying one. It looks like I should keep a P5 around as well. What would you recommend ?
A Plus 2 367 is for a medium to large track. If its technical and medium to short, this will not be best for you. I ran both standard and turbo head buttons and it will scream, but from mid to top end.
As Monty stated earlier, change the bearings at the 2 gallon mark. I didn't try the 28011 head button, as the 359 & 367 head buttons are from the same design, just one is turbo and one is standard glowplug. If you do run one and need more bottom end, you will have to clutch it with 1.1 springs.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:43 AM   #41
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If only Novarossi could develop a power valve for the exaust port ! Like a Rotax engine !! Then their engines would dominate the world !! Like Rotax does in the Ski-Doo's
I have messed with the 367 and did a bunch of compairing to other Novas, and it seems they took this beast off in a total different direction ,it is VERY similar to, if not exactly the same as the onroad versions they produce, not a good idea I think on their part ,compairing it to other engines they have developed in the past!
I thhink the 421 series was one of their best designed and performing engines , but when they put the larger bearing in it they killed the bottom it had and increased the topend rpm but you can get a touch of bottom back if you use a standard plug and head, the turbo version is retarded from mid-range right through to destruction but bottom is lack luster.
The reason I think the 367 is so hard to get it right is the fact that exaust porting is to high , and it has too much cut out of the bottom of the sleeve.
this engine would really benifit from better crankcase pressure.
Anyone notice how the bottom gets a bit better when you use the ristrictor for the exaust? HINT HINT !!!! They are trying to keep pressure in.
I bet they will soon change the sleeve design to make these issues go away .
mremtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:36 AM   #42
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My very good buddies 21-7 is also pretty doggy, definitely not perform like a $400.00 engine should.....
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:06 AM   #43
Tech Regular

Maxi, you want to run those 7 port engines with a standard plug for a short tight track , rich on the bottom with 086 pipe, medium long header and it should have plenty of punch and still pull like crazy through to the top. I run a RS7 7 port sleeve in one of my 421 cases and it is simply incredible on a tight slick track!! You just need to remember to run it rich on the bottom or it dogs terrible,especially the hotter it gets. The 7 ports seem to have RB disease, LOL ,they love to be rich on the bottom....
Oh it ran exactly the same way in it's original case,and crank. (buddy broke his so I gave him mine so he could run)
Old 01-01-2008, 08:28 AM   #44
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mremtr View Post
Maxi, you want to run those 7 port engines with a standard plug for a short tight track , rich on the bottom with 086 pipe, medium long header and it should have plenty of punch and still pull like crazy through to the top. I run a RS7 7 port sleeve in one of my 421 cases and it is simply incredible on a tight slick track!! You just need to remember to run it rich on the bottom or it dogs terrible,especially the hotter it gets. The 7 ports seem to have RB disease, LOL ,they love to be rich on the bottom....
Oh it ran exactly the same way in it's original case,and crank. (buddy broke his so I gave him mine so he could run)

we have tried alot of different combo's...the motor just has very poor top end...Novarossi now apparently has issued a letter telling 21-7 customers not to run the 21-7's, as apparently they are replacing the piston sleeve with a new design.....Also this motor loves to flame out....

All in all its not a very nice motor for the money it costs..the power is not anywhere near the level of even a Ninja 21 or a Go 21...... it loves to flame out after refueling as well.........
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:28 AM   #45
Tech Regular

Well that stinks, what a turd ! I guess mine is one of the older versions.
When they changed the crank bearings they really created a ton of problems ! This is probabley the reason RB stuck with the smaller crankcase and bearing in most of their engine's . I know the new C6 with the turbo plug is an incredible engine ,and worth every penny . I think I would purchase one of these before I bought any other Novarossi . They have been going down hill I think after the hostle family fued they had over there.