Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Losi 8ight t(NOT RTR) >

Team Losi 8ight t(NOT RTR)

Team Losi 8ight t(NOT RTR)

Old 11-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation Team Losi 8ight t(NOT RTR)

i am thinking to of getting a losi 8ight t but still am iffy about it. my hobby shop stocks the most pars for this car.

i want to know the good things about it and the bad things about it

thanks
peter
Old 11-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Its a great truggy IF you have that "finesse" style of driving. Meaning if you are the type that knows "smooth is fast" and can drive that way, then its a good fit for you...

If you are the type of driver, that likes to "throw" their truggy around then its not a good choice.

IMO, Team Losi produced exactly what racers had been asking for. it takes changes well. Adjustments makes a big difference in performance. If you know what all those adjustments actualy do for you then, its a great truggy. If you don't making some of those changes makes it a bigger challenge to drive.

If you are coming from 10th scale electric or 10th scale stadium, then it'll probably be to your liking. If you are coming from Monster Trucks or another truggy, maybe not so much....

As far as durability. Seems to be about average. Personally, I feel it goes through clutch bearings faster than any other truggy I have. Thats why I went with the standard clutch set-up and KH motor mount.

Mine did blow go through a couple of servos. Yes, I know what I'm doing, end-points were set, rubber grommets used, etc...

Thats my take....
Old 11-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

iwould have to agree with that guy the only problem i have ever had was with the clutch but a mugen clutch and kings headz mount took care of that i love it and i havent broken anything on it
Old 11-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

thanks guys thats been a big help
Old 11-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default SETUP

WHAT SHOULD I DO TO MY 8IGHT T AS FAR AS OTHER THAN STOCK SETUP..???
Old 11-19-2007, 05:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beachragz
WHAT SHOULD I DO TO MY 8IGHT T AS FAR AS OTHER THAN STOCK SETUP..???
That depends on the track conditions and your driving style . Best bet is to go ask the consistent fast guys at your track and see how they are set up and what changes they recommend .
Old 11-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The only adjustments I've made were ride height to compensate for spring sag. This thing has been awesome for me. I still run the stock setup but I havent' had too much time with it yet. Only a few months.