Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Greg Degani leaving hobao >

Greg Degani leaving hobao

Greg Degani leaving hobao

Old 12-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Crime wave, When i won the worlds, I remember that Mark was the first person to High five me and was really happy for me when i came off the drivers stand, more than anybody else. At that time he had raced 6 or 8 worlds before that and had come close to wining several times. so he knows how hard it is to win. So when he was about to win i came from the pits where i was throwing around my car and made sure i was the first to be there..He was much more emotional than i was, as he had strived several times to win with no luck, and finally luck was on his side..For me, i knew before i even got to the race that i would at least get a top 3 or win as i had prepared better than anyone for that race. I HAD to win because I had a chip on my shoulder as Gene the Machine made me look bad a month earlier....
Old 12-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This has gotten interesting, is there any hint that you would like to pass on to the little people who are wondering where you might go? Caster has a great car!
Old 12-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Indeed it has...

Greg,

I'm glad you got on here to give the 'other' side of the story. Didn't know that your World's was ruined by sub-par materials (Bean counters will always get you in the end). That really sucks.

Anyhow, good luck with your future ride, whatever it may be!

Old 12-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

All I've learned is that there's no money racing RC cars. We need TV coverage. We need to get rid of ROAR since they can't make it happen. If there's ever gonna be any money in racing RC it needs to be on tv with non-rc related sponsors. Gotta develop a good tv product first though...
Old 12-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by satoch
All I've learned is that there's no money racing RC cars. We need TV coverage. We need to get rid of ROAR since they can't make it happen. If there's ever gonna be any money in racing RC it needs to be on tv with non-rc related sponsors. Gotta develop a good tv product first though...
Carlton are you reading this????

Nate
Old 12-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Satoch I disagree with you, I think we need to move away from the whole look at me look at me we wanna be a sport too attitude. Thats not the approach that made Motorcross succesful, I mean 90% of people who race would never pay or drive long distance to watch a race. I think a more positive move would be to just promote locally as a family friendly sport for young and old and keep racing fun so it can grow to the level that when the pros come to town theres enough people who are into racing to fill some stands. I do agree that roar has had its time. We need a organization that will first standardize a drivers stand that is legal,(as opposed to all the illegal driver stands in the country) Institute state series races so people don't have to travel and work on building classes at the club level, such as 40+ and a womens division. That way when were ready to attach corporate sponsors we have the fan base plus a safe racing enviroment.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wow,all this discussion coming from "The Toe leaving Hobao"
Old 12-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rocket42
Satoch I disagree with you, I think we need to move away from the whole look at me look at me we wanna be a sport too attitude. Thats not the approach that made Motorcross succesful, I mean 90% of people who race would never pay or drive long distance to watch a race. I think a more positive move would be to just promote locally as a family friendly sport for young and old and keep racing fun so it can grow to the level that when the pros come to town theres enough people who are into racing to fill some stands. I do agree that roar has had its time. We need a organization that will first standardize a drivers stand that is legal,(as opposed to all the illegal driver stands in the country) Institute state series races so people don't have to travel and work on building classes at the club level, such as 40+ and a womens division. That way when were ready to attach corporate sponsors we have the fan base plus a safe racing enviroment.

That's all good and would be a great part of a 2 pronged approach. My God, they have "cup stacking" on ESPN-gimme a break!

BTW, since this is not a physical sport, to say women need to have their own division is kinda sexist don't you think? I can see the 40+ thing as our motor skills diminish with age.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

I see your point, if you had a strong novice class you would attract more women who may race casually and don't want to compete as seriously. I know with a womens class plus the extra time generated by an extra heat i could get my wife to run my car at the track.

Sorry to get off topic
Old 12-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey, I do bad enough as it is now in the lower mains. Get more women into racing (who have much better reflexes) and I'll be done.....LOL

But at 37 years old, I'm looking forward to the 40 and over class....hahaha
Old 12-07-2007, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

good luck Greg!

Last edited by ABURTON; 12-07-2007 at 06:03 AM. Reason: mistake...
Old 12-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Good luck Greg with your new ride!

I too would have been ripped if someone cheated a couple times, and for sure would have voiced ( yelled ) my opinion. Having to run on a mudbog of a track only made matters worse.

I'll agree, sponsored drivers are underpaid.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Andy - I've been doing pretty darn good. I hope all is well with you to. Yeah, I'm back to racing again. I started up racing again at the end of July. It's nice to be back after taking about a year and a half off. I have been racing at Hot Rod Hobbies and Pegasus Hobbies.

Greg - What is up man? I haven't talked and in a long time or seen you in a long time. I guess since you started racing so much 1/8 scale. I hope everything is going good for you.

Later.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

SH
Old 12-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitpop
SH
RULES!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.