R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-27-2007, 01:59 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Ability to promote the brand, the hobby, and help new racers with problems and questions is what I look for an ideal Team Driver. Results are just Icing on the cake.

My .02 ; )

See you this weekend PK? Revelations?
Andrew Smolnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:59 PM   #47
Tech Regular

Ability to promote the brand, the hobby, and help new racers with problems and questions is what I look for an ideal Team Driver. Results are just Icing on the cake.

My .02 ; )

See you this weekend PK? Revelations?
Old 11-27-2007, 02:11 PM   #48
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to windellmc

Degani has always been helpful to anyone I know that has asked him for help with their car.
windellmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:55 PM   #49
Tech Regular

Yeah Greg has helped me out in the past. Greg and I were on the Kyosho Team together a looonnng time ago.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:56 PM   #50
Tech Regular

Okay... 7 years ago. But thats a really long time to me.

; )
Old 11-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #51
Tech Master

7 is long, at least I'd like to think so. yes, I'll be out there Andy.
pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:55 PM   #52
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to RobertjDrew

Andy - What's been up? It was nice seeing you at the shoot out. It has been a long time. Where are you club racing at these days? Later.

Novak Electronics - Team Trinity - Upgrade R/C - RCID - Drew Racing
RobertjDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:17 PM   #53
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=Andrew Smolnik;3911238]Ability to promote the brand, the hobby, and help new racers with problems and questions is what I look for an ideal Team Driver. Results are just Icing on the cake.

My .02 ; ) QUOTE]

Glad to hear you say that, I just wish it were possible to convey those skills on a racing resume' when seeking support from manufacturers.
Merlin Glow Plugs www.merlinglowplugs.com
Vantage Racing www.vantageracing.com
Mods by Rocket Ray! email: CowboyRa@sbcglobal.net
satoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:27 PM   #54
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satoch View Post
Glad to hear you say that, I just wish it were possible to convey those skills on a racing resume' when seeking support from manufacturers.
It's not that tough, a solid list of personal references should do the trick. Just make sure they are folks like local track/shop owners, local fast guys, any local sponsored guys, etc, etc. A couple of letters of reference attached would be as good or better, but don't bog it down with too much wordage. It's much quicker to call a few people than it is to read letter after letter, and the longer the reference list, the better chance you have of your potential sponsor knowing someone on it.
fhm555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #55
Tech Rookie

Great thread, all the lovers and haters out there...As far as Kyosho goes, I left them with two years left on my contract worth $33,600 to go to Ofna and run the hyper 7. .And they owed me $8000 more for my worlds win but i called it even for leaving my contract early. So just informng the uniformed. With Hobao, i raced for them for two years and my contract ended last September 1, but i raced an additional two months paid with no contact. So technicly I have raced for no one since september and could not come to agreement on a new contract especially after seeiing the prototype new car for next year and the Pre-worlds incident didnt help matters.Basicly i went off on the officials for not penalizing Savoya for cheating twice in my race and they still allowed him to bump instead of me who got third, and his pit crew got him penalized again on his way to main and eventual win of the event. So a guy who cheated won the race basicly. Sorry for Truhe luck as he should of been the winner..as savoya shouldnt of even been in that race, but there were no Ifmar officals at the event to help the Farm 2 staff out with rules and the farm 2 staff did what they thought was best and i was in the wrong for going off on them and Apologized afterward to Jeff for that. I think racing in the Mud for three days and wrenching till 3am everynight got the best of me.
And yes, the hyper car is good, but after last years world in indonesia in which I should of got a top two finish as i had Pavidis and Hughes covered and was catching Agoin for the lead, my center gear broke with 17 minutes left in the main..Reason for breakage? Cheap materials as that batch of gears were made of cheaper metal. Descion of that material made by two old ladies who work in finance department so that they can show increased profits and at the end of the year get bonuses for money saved....this is what goes on in the real world of rc. That race was easy, easier than any race here in the usa and i knew that i blew an easy oppritunity for a second world Title. After that i had no faith in hobao and they still dont listen to their drivers to impove on the product line.

So im putting the past behind and looking forward to next year with my new car and new outlook..
Greg Degani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Greg, any hint's on what car's your currently leaning toward's? Which one are you racing with now?
Old 12-06-2007, 02:03 PM   #57
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Zounds!

At least your honest Greg. This may help others stray from the brand you just left. congrats. I wonder if Hobao cares.

You looked so happy for Pavidis after his win at the Worlds...nice big hug and smile....was that for the cameras or the sponsors?
Crim3Wav3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:08 PM   #58
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Love him or hate Greg will ALWAYS speak his mind.
rdeppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #59
Tech Master

Wow, that sucks Greg. I did not even know that the guy you were protesting was the one who won the Final. If it was the actual Worlds run by IFMAR officials, he would have been DQ'd for sure.

And I know what you mean about cheap materials to save a buck, that is one good thing about Kyosho is that they usually don't skimp on quality, but that is also why they are way more money then any other brand.

Good luck with your new ride, you still have another win or 2 in you, I am sure.
Machine's R/C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:00 PM   #60
Tech Regular

Robert Drew,

WHATS UP MAN!!!!! Yeah it was a pleasure seeing you and your pops at Hot Rods. Been a loooong time. Hope all is well with you. You plan on doing any racing?