Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
THE DOWN-LOW ON WHAT THE AE DRIVERS REALLY RUN! >

THE DOWN-LOW ON WHAT THE AE DRIVERS REALLY RUN!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

THE DOWN-LOW ON WHAT THE AE DRIVERS REALLY RUN!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default THE DOWN-LOW ON WHAT THE AE DRIVERS REALLY RUN!

I find it very hard to believe that the AE team runs the servos that they claim. The new servos AE is marketing makes me very unable to believe this is what they are really racing. How could a whole team sacrifice to inferior servos in there 1/8th scale buggys???? .13 transit time YEAH RIGHT! Even for throttle that sucks.

Someone with common sense has had to wonder what the team drivers get that we don't. Its never spoke of.. why? Im sure there are better servos available to a certain group that are not marketed for certain reasons. How can this not be true?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

WHAT??? the pros are running the same top end servos that most of us non pros are running...it not about the great gear you have, but more about the talent you have that makes the gear great...
Old 11-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just because They are sponsored by associated doesn't mean they have to run the servos. they have responsibilities to more than just Associated. alot of them are sponsored by Futaba, JR, ko,Airtronics. and they run those servos instead. So, they are not using super secret servos that you can't get ahold of. They may be testing new servos which you may be able to buy in the near future, but they are not hoarding secret super powered servos.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

BULLCRAP...YOUR RESPONSE ERKS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called associatied and asked what servo the team drivers run in there cars.... and the only answer they would give me was the ones they were selling! That is crap to mis-inform people and portray driving skill to go way to far!!!! I am positive Ryan Mayfield doesnt run there ACE Servos at there speed and torque!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are you serious? Have you driven a car with a 1015? These are awesome servos. They out-perform the specs compared to other brands, imo. I run a 1015 on steering and 1313 throttle in my truggy.

While probably not the first choice for a top factory guy, even the 1313 is a pretty nice 1/8 servo. I think it's better than my 359
Old 11-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

I bought the servos that AE claims EVERYONE RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!

These servos are inferior to many that I already own. For them to tell me this is what they race is absolute bologna!!#@
Old 11-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Another pointless thread.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Pointless because I spent money for no reason.

THE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS THAT THERE IS ALOT OF MIS-INFORMATION GOING ON IN THE INDUSTRY!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:05 PM
SH
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scootersisters
BULLCRAP...YOUR RESPONSE ERKS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called associatied and asked what servo the team drivers run in there cars.... and the only answer they would give me was the ones they were selling! That is crap to mis-inform people and portray driving skill to go way to far!!!! I am positive Ryan Mayfield doesnt run there ACE Servos at there speed and torque!!!!!!!!!
mate your a peanut........nothing wrong with ace servos infact they are some of the better ones on the market.

people did have some issues with servo failure, this was a bad batch & ace where more than happy to replace these servos.

the black label 1015 & 1313 are an improvement again.

the AE ones same deal.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

So what everyone is saying from most every post made is.... Your servos are fast and strong and your driving ability sucks????????????
Old 11-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am just trying to point out that there is a dis-advantange to us normal people.... not that I really care, just that I wish to be treated equal.... I know that I am not being treated as such. I already have servos that make me drive better.. how is AE "TECH support?" going to tell me that the team drivers are using the servos I bought on there command....... I bought there servos and they where inferior to my current servo!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It seems to me like everyone is saying who cares what the "pros" run, unless your trying to hang on someones nuts and run the exact same equipment as them. Most "pro" drivers have a radio sponsor, so they are required to run that companies servos also.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:17 PM
SH
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

so whats the problem exactly? & which servo is it that you have?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

haha what a waste of time.....

Most AE driver have OTHER sponsors as has already been mentioned....

Why is this such an issue for you?? Take a look at any race report where a drivers car spec is listed and the chances are you will find out what servo's they are running....

There is NO DISADVANTAGE.... you don't have to run anything just because someone else does... I know a few team drivers... and well none of their gear is overly special.... they have talent... thats why they are fast... and sponsored..

Personally, i run what i like.... You, will buy whatever your told will help you win...
Old 11-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

there is no way that team drivers would race with inferior products.....

If losi tires are better than pro-line-has one seen a AE driver mount a set? YES... so what is the diffrence.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.