Search

TOP OF THE LINE TRUGGY???????

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 10:16 PM
LOL
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickboy
Why is Mugen/Losi/Kyosho better? Because you own one? Anybody care to back up thier statements with facts or comparisons? The truth is, any pro-model truggy can win. You are not gonna go from novice to expert because of the truggy you drive. Skills cost time, not money.
agree with sickboy...which brand of truggies and which is the best is not the problem...the fact is ur driving and how fast ur hand can play...u can buy the "best" truggy..but if ur driving skill $uck..u will not win...
Old 11-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Xray XT8 with RB928 and you'll be looking back at 2nd every race!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Kyosho for the durability and parts quality. I agree that truggy speed is dictated more by tire choice than buggy, but the truck's still gotta finish the race.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOL
agree with sickboy...which brand of truggies and which is the best is not the problem...the fact is ur driving and how fast ur hand can play...u can buy the "best" truggy..but if ur driving skill $uck..u will not win...
yeah but hes not asking what truggy will be the fastest he wants to know which is the TOP OF THE LINE and hands down its the Mugen 5T Prospec
Old 11-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
yeah but hes not asking what truggy will be the fastest he wants to know which is the TOP OF THE LINE and hands down its the Mugen 5T Prospec
Why? Because you own one? Your opinion is worthless without some sort of reasoning.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

man im not trying to start a slinging match and no i dont own one
5R baby
Old 11-15-2007, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

I own a Losi 8t but would have to say that any of the truggies that have been mentioned would be a good choice.

the losi accelerates and handles awesome but the parts wear relatively fast. but in saying that i've never exited a race due to breakages

the mugen has the longeverty over losi parts wise but weights more

and the new st-rr looks pretty good also especially since the prices are more realistic now

what ever you pick make sure that parts are readily avaliable just in case
Old 11-15-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

The Jammin X2 (soon to be released) will be battling it out with the Kyosho St-rr this next season. In my opinion these kits are second to none.

The type of vehicle does matter to a certain extent. Look at the big races where all the pros show up. sure Jammin and Kyosho have some of the best drivers in the world. But the other manufacturers have drivers that are way faster than most of us. So that would lead me to beleive that the car is holding them back.

The Jammin and Kyosho have a solid platform that they continually build on and improve. therefore, they are my pick for top of the line Trucks.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Well... for sheer quality of components, nobody matches Xray. I don't know how well they handle though. I've never driven ANY truggy. Any of the ones mentioned so far is a good quality truggy... they don't all handle the same, so the best thing you can do is get some folks to let you drive theirs if they will, then decide which one you like. Stay away from ANY RTR, and any "off brand" stuff.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Also consider the CEN TR it is a very tough truck and handles very well on any surface.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

well at a recent big race where the winners won actual cash, a driver not sponsored by them bought and won with a kyosho st-rr
Old 11-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

GS XUT http://www.gsracing.com.tw/informati...led.php?id=141
Old 11-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default LOSI

I HAVE A LOSI 8IGHT T WHICH I HAVE FOUND TO BE A REALLY NICE TRUGGY...!!! MUCH EISIER TO DEAL WITH THAN OTHERS AND THE PARTS ARE EASILY AVAILABLE...KEEP THAT IN MIND..!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default Follow up to JayL

To what JayL said,
Here's the $5,000 question. When faced with the option to buy any truggy to win 5k which truggy do you choose. The answer is and was the ST-RR.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sickboy
Why is Mugen/Losi/Kyosho better? Because you own one? Anybody care to back up thier statements with facts or comparisons? The truth is, any pro-model truggy can win. You are not gonna go from novice to expert because of the truggy you drive. Skills cost time, not money.
+1............
I like my CEN, Handles good and is tough.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.