R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #76
40%
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Cheers looneytune

Yes actually the crt is not for everyone too.The only reason i stick with jammin is the support is extreme here in Singapore.Free plastics arm,wings u dont even have to break it ...whenever we race free parts for all! thus its the smart choice racing.Haven't driven the Losi as the distributor doesnt have a proper lhs and distributes thru several existing shops thus parts are HTF sometimes.I have so far owned a mbx5,xb8,zx1,x1cr,mb1.And i only race jammin due to the parts support.Its not the best of driving style for me but it saves money .

Switching to an xray or mugen will not make my jammin guy happy .Infact i was sacked from my job a year ago at the track for working on a mb1 for a customer which my shop does not sell [ long story here .... ends with WTF! ].

In a dilemma now if they will be new kits for the 08.should i wait?. The X2crt is already available here and and instead of upgrading to it i want a something else.Any news rumors if xray and mugen of the timeline of if any 08 kits will be out or this year?.
40% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by buboy28 View Post
hi, will Mugen also release a big bore shocks like the other manufacturers and if not can i use the K big bore shocks with my MBX 5T ProSpec thanks
im sorry i did not see this until now...yes you can use the Kyosho SBB shocks...

TEAM OCM USA
TEAM GO TECH
TEAM PRO TWISTER MODS
TEAM VP PRO TIRES

OCM RACING DT-19 EVO, GO TECH ENGINES PTM'ED

OCM RACING DT-19T PRO, GO TECH ENGINES PTM'ED
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #78
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default smooth and steady not balls or bling

the best truggy to buy is one that is easy to fix and work on and one that has a smooth motor choice you can get around a track with.... lap times and reliability are better not bling or names so much all of the trucks mentioned are good contenders but the right one is up to you read a lot on each one don't believe the hype! but in the end I would pick between the losi 8t,jammin crt,or mugen they seem to be well laid out in my opinion and usually place well ,kyosho is good but seems harder to find parts.
driftah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:59 AM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok I have a CRT and it is bullet proof. I do well with it but I hate the way it drives & feels no matter what setup I have used. I have a HYPER 8 buggy love the way it drives and feels but I don't do as well with it. Every truck or buggy will be different and there is no best one! I really like the CRT because I never break anything and have not in almost a year at the track.To me that would be the best ride you could buy!.Would I do better racing with another brand? Maybe but I think I may have to sacrifice something to get that. Maybe a few more broken parts or maybe not. Yes I think the CRT needs a .28 because I have been running a V-Spec and I don't think it has the low end punch that is needed for a truggy. Always a tough decision when you are about ready to drop your dollars but I think any of the top brands would be fine even if it is a Hyper ST which I am also thinking of buying. .02cents from a guy who was in the same boat.
motomanpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #80
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKuang View Post
+1 Its fast and TOUGH!!
Old 06-25-2008, 05:35 AM   #81
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If I were going to get a new truggy I would wait like a month. And 100% without a doubt in my mind get the RC8T.
malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:54 PM   #82
Tech Initiate

i would probably get a MBX5T, or like "Malik" said wait a month or 2 and get the RC8T
skippi15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #83
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson View Post
thats the biggest problem i have with the kyosho...
if thats the biggest problem you have with the Kyosho, that right there might be the best truggy thats out there!
Tonys Screws- Keeps you from getting screwed
Byrons Fuel- Makes the RC world go round
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:24 PM   #84
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximugen View Post
MUGEN ALL THE WAY

did you know kyosho OEM is done by himoto?
what a load of bull oem done by himoto.

dude i thought you had grown up but i guess i was wrong .

brandon dont put down a reputable brand like kyosho unless you have solid evidence dude you look like an idiot doing that.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #85
Tech Elite

why dont you guys try the NRT-3 TRUGGY from nanda racing also know in the usa as the SX8T by tq imports.

we have tested the truggy in Australia and we were amazed at the strenght and the reliabilty and performance of the nrt-3 pro and the best thing is the price .

Gave the big names a big run for there money thats for sure.

try it you wont be dissapointed
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:50 PM   #86
Tech Apprentice

Topic's like this are really tough to go by .....................everybody shouts out the car they have at the time as their favorite .

A common mistake when people do not drive up to their expectations is to assume they need another car ............at least that's how it is in my area .........................nobody ever says "how can I drive better "..................it's always guys wanting to buy the car that finished in front of them .

It's the same every big race I go to ..............the fast guys are still fast ............the guys that suck still suck but they are faster with their new car not from the car but because the more wheel time you get the better driver you become . There are extreme cases of this like the Jammin vs Losi thing that Looneytune mentioned........... for us the Losi is the easiest to drive vs the Jammin..........but Taylor James with the same truck would put 4 laps on us in a 5 minute qualifier no matter what he was driving .

I have a friend who sold cars at a Ford dealership until just recently he moved to the biggest Chevy dealer in the country .................guess what the best car to buy is right now . LOL
dead1dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #87
Tech Adept

Default Soon to be top of the line........

Team Associated RC8T!! Mid-July.........mark it on your calendars.....
Attached Thumbnails
TOP OF THE LINE TRUGGY???????-80910.jpg  

Losi - Spektrum - Byron's Fuel - Airtronics
Robbie
GSHobby.com
n10cities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:14 PM   #88
gfx
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBX5TR View Post
jamin crt. Pros: good winning history, easy to drive and good value. cons: difficult to work on and a little bit heavy.
What, exactly, makes it "difficult to work on?"
gfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #89
gfx
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by n10cities View Post
Team Associated RC8T!! Mid-July.........mark it on your calendars.....
meh... I'll take the X2-CRT!
gfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:11 AM   #90
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangfanfan001 View Post
The wow enters the era of the legend of those years slowly after entering 70 grades, very difficult to equip to take, only buy wow gold.

Go drown in a septic tank.
Thanks
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote