R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Playboy, Are you new to nitro r/c? If not what are you currently driving now?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

CEN Matrix TR
Old 11-15-2007, 04:51 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Kyosho...because I own one, or own other vehicles from the same company

If by "top of the line" you mean "most expensive", then definitely Kyosho!
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:09 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRCRacer22 View Post
To what JayL said,
Here's the $5,000 question. When faced with the option to buy any truggy to win 5k which truggy do you choose. The answer is and was the ST-RR.
took a wreck for a driver not sponsered by mugen on the last lap for that to win lol
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:20 PM   #35
Tech Elite

I love my CRT. No problems with it all season.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:26 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER View Post
I love my CRT. No problems with it all season.
i had a CRT and it was tough as nails...

TEAM OCM USA
TEAM GO TECH
TEAM PRO TWISTER MODS
TEAM VP PRO TIRES

OCM RACING DT-19 EVO, GO TECH ENGINES PTM'ED

OCM RACING DT-19T PRO, GO TECH ENGINES PTM'ED
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:49 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCjunky22

kyosho, mugen, cen, and losi are all good truggies. heres what i have heard and seen about these trucks.
Kyosho ST-RR-Light weight, good quality parts, it has a longer chassis then some truggies which gives it better stability, fast, doesn't need a big motor to get it to run great. expensive parts.
Losi-this is a fast truggy for a good driver, inconsistant laps, fast though if you can drive it, throttle servo burns up from chassis flex, great steering, very precise. not very durable
Cen-huge spur gear, weird parts, problems with front axles popping out unless suspension is very limited, high center of gravity.
Jammin-Not a bad truck, handles good, needs a 28 engine because it is a little heavier. durable
Mugen- never actually seen one run

this is just my opinion.
RCjunky22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:52 PM   #38

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

My thoughts as far as driver skill and what you drive: I had a jato and took it to the track. Crashed almost every lap and decided to call it a day, maybe racing wasn't for me. Got a T-Maxx and went to the same track, crashed a few times but was much faster. Got a Revo, went to the track, and was way faster, just needed a little more power (had the 2.5 engine, but everything else was 3.3 and aftermarket parts). Got the 3.3 and was pretty much all set. Got a Mugen MBX5T and crashed zero times, and was way faster on the first lap at half throttle then I ever could have been at full throttle with my revo.

So Yes, the choice of what you are driving does matter. Top of the line has to include build quality as well as performance. Parts availability has nothing to do with top of the line; camaro and mustang parts are available pretty much anywhere, and performance can be amazing, if not world class. Does that mean they are in the same league as Ferrari?

My revo felt cheap compared to my mugen. My wife, who knows very little about rc cars, is a perfect example. When I was going to the local track to check it out before racing, my wife came along. I pointed out a Mugen on the bench, and said that is what I will be racing against, what do you think? She said "I think you should sell the revo and get one of those".

My opinion for top of the line? Mugen or X Ray. Top quality you can see and feel, with the performance to back it up. Losi and Jammin, Cen, Kyosho are all good performers, but the quality of the parts is NOT equal to Mugen or X Ray. Even if they are just as durable, the quality is not the same. Go feel one and you will know.
Past: Kyosho Raider, Traxxas GTP, Kyosho Optima, Jato 3.3, Tmaxx 2.5, Revo 2.5, Revo 3.3, TC4, MBX5t, Hyper 7, Emaxx, Vorza, Inferno VE, XXXT, Hyper Sprint, SC8e, Erevo, Rustler VXL, RC18b, Baja 5b, Parrot AR Drone, Mini ERevo VXL, HB D8Te, D8, Slash 2wd, Slash 4wd, HB Ve8,Blade 350QX, Alien Quad 450, DJI F450, DJI F550, Losi 8 3.0, DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, Traxxas Summit
badaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:32 AM   #39
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenlife View Post
took a wreck for a driver not sponsered by mugen on the last lap for that to win lol
"Not sponsored by Mugen but.....Given the car by Mugen for Free" I'd still call that a Sponsorship!
Plus that same said driver asked Kyosho for a Truck First but they wouldn't "give" him one!
TRCRacer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:14 AM   #40
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Jammin has won 5 of 6 national championships in the last 3 years. This includes ROAR and R/C Pro. I'd say that's a pretty good track record.
gfj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:01 AM   #41
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenlife View Post
the mugen crashed? maybe it isn't as easy to drive

I am sure we could all list times our car would have won the world's but crashed lol
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:16 AM   #42
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfj99 View Post
Jammin has won 5 of 6 national championships in the last 3 years. This includes ROAR and R/C Pro. I'd say that's a pretty good track record.
Kinda what im thinkin.....lol

If you ain't first....your last
JeremyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:45 AM   #43
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCjunky22 View Post
Jammin-Not a bad truck, handles good, needs a 28 engine because it is a little heavier. durable
I run a Picco P7R .21 in my Jammin truck....I switched from a Picco P3 .28...better power from the .21. smoother and still at 240* too much power....I usually run around 210-220. a good reliable .21 will be more than enough motor for the CRT...especially when the new truck come out!!

but again...this is my opinion...lol

If you ain't first....your last
JeremyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #44

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

As I stated, top of the line has more to do with than just performance. A camaro can be built, hell even a neon or civic to whoop a Ferrari, but that hardly means the Ferrari is not as good lol. That said, I was looking to get a CRT but came across a smokin deal on my Mugen.
Past: Kyosho Raider, Traxxas GTP, Kyosho Optima, Jato 3.3, Tmaxx 2.5, Revo 2.5, Revo 3.3, TC4, MBX5t, Hyper 7, Emaxx, Vorza, Inferno VE, XXXT, Hyper Sprint, SC8e, Erevo, Rustler VXL, RC18b, Baja 5b, Parrot AR Drone, Mini ERevo VXL, HB D8Te, D8, Slash 2wd, Slash 4wd, HB Ve8,Blade 350QX, Alien Quad 450, DJI F450, DJI F550, Losi 8 3.0, DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, Traxxas Summit
badaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by badaml View Post
My wife, who knows very little about rc cars, is a perfect example. When I was going to the local track to check it out before racing, my wife came along. I pointed out a Mugen on the bench, and said that is what I will be racing against, what do you think? She said "I think you should sell the revo and get one of those".
Are we still talking about truggies? Or is this thread about "top of the line wives?" I want to find one of THOSE!
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote