Old 11-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

There is now more pics up on
http://www.nitroaddicts.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2437
Old 11-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

It's a freakin' RTR!!

So what if it it includes a .28. The majority of buyers will probably never race this buggy and even if thay did, most club races allow .28 RTR's.

The fact is a newbe would'nt be able to handle a proper high strung .21 engine in a buggy. A typical RTR .28 spins slower and has a much smoother powerband than the "off-on switch" powerband of a .21 screamer unless of course it's a budget 3-port .21 which everyone would likely complain about and/or not even buy .
Old 11-16-2007, 03:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by henry
I know, that kind've bugged me a bit too. I know the whole "no replacement for displacement" addage. But the matter of fact is, a newbie or rookie isn't gonna be able to tell much if any difference between a .21 and a .28. In fact I'm willing to bet there are a lot of .21 racing motors out there that are more powerful than that .28.
I think that this statement is pretty much true. To have a "budget" engine that can provide decent power as compared to a "racing" engine requires a larger engine. AND I bet that the "budget" engine is still not as fast as the "race" OS/Nova/RB Etc. engines.

However, I do think that there will be a good number of club racers and beginners that will choose a RTR of this caliber to do more than just "bash".

As for the engine being allowed... most club races will likely allow it (until that person starts winning frequently; then someone will complain that it is not a "legal" .21), but I don't think it is allowed at "sanctioned" races.

Anyway, just IMO.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ephidelt490
Annie, get it right dude...

http://www.hobao-racing.com/products...yper8.5rtr.php

Nothing about a starter box, and it may say Hyper 21, but it appears to be the Macstar .28. That is directly from the HoBao website.

The AE RTR looks pretty damn good. Guys that buy these RTR buggies (95%) never go to a track. The .28's are there because there is "no replacement for displacement" . Toy cars are no different than real cars; people like bigger engines.
Oops, maybe I got mixed up with one of their Hyper 7's.

Sorry, Adam.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I'm sure it's a nice ride and all. I like AE. And this is not based on actually touching one. But from the pics it just looks so damn cheap!! Everything on it looks cheesy. But it could just be the pics. I wouldn't base an opinion off of that. I wonder if they are using the same crappy steering brace and rear toe block that keeps breaking on all the pro rides!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I really think people who are "racers" still can't fathom the FACT that over 95 percent of these cars{not just this rc8rs but all race type RTR packages} will never see a track.They also don't understand simple marketing.Retrain your thought process for a minute.As an uninformed consumer,what motor would you want in the car? A .21 or a .28? Enough said. Remember,we are talking about people who will never use this car for it's true design purpose.Forget what you want and think about what will make AE some money.In order for them to support their actual race team,they make choices on what will go into these cars that will appeal to the target consumer.They do this,all the while taking into consideration certain things that will also appeal to those who may actually race it.Thanks A/E!
Old 11-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

The .28 RTR is not as a fast as a VSPEC or P5X.......I have driven both. I think some people on here get the reasons behind it.

I don't know any race facility that won't allow someone who is learning to drive racing with their .28 RTR enigne. The guys buying RTRs are not entering the ROAR Nats. Once the engine wears out they can get a starter box and race engine.

The car looks awesome up close. They also have the new top plate and some improvements to make the arm mounts more durable (longer screws, different material plates).

We know that the first FT cars had parts on the B plate which were not as strong as intended due to a vendor problem which we couldn't control. We are working on a solution to make it right with those customers.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hmmm... looks like the RTR has aluminum shock towers instead of carbon. That MIGHT actually be better! I'm not sure if the pro kit has composite shock ends or aluminum, but that is a potential weak point. Otherwise it looks good... maybe (ok probably) the best RTR out there!
Old 11-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racenut123
I really think people who are "racers" still can't fathom the FACT that over 95 percent of these cars{not just this rc8rs but all race type RTR packages} will never see a track.They also don't understand simple marketing.Retrain your thought process for a minute.As an uninformed consumer,what motor would you want in the car? A .21 or a .28? Enough said. Remember,we are talking about people who will never use this car for it's true design purpose.Forget what you want and think about what will make AE some money.In order for them to support their actual race team,they make choices on what will go into these cars that will appeal to the target consumer.They do this,all the while taking into consideration certain things that will also appeal to those who may actually race it.Thanks A/E!
A beginner doesn't know the difference.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kdub
The .28 RTR is not as a fast as a VSPEC or P5X.......I have driven both. I think some people on here get the reasons behind it.

I don't know any race facility that won't allow someone who is learning to drive racing with their .28 RTR enigne. The guys buying RTRs are not entering the ROAR Nats. Once the engine wears out they can get a starter box and race engine.

don't think anyone is worried about the roar nats. some series/races will not allow bigger than roar legal engines. people will always argue that "it is a bigger engine" or is that 100% what came with that rtr (this happened at a race last year and people whined about it for 6 months after the fact to where they werent legal the next year). just saying for the begineer or even the avid electric racer who would race nitro but doesnt want all the costs of nitro would appreciate it more..but i know of quite a few guys who bought used cars over new rtr/new cars because of engine or costs..not bashing it at all just an easy option.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by annie_himself
A beginner doesn't know the difference.

Wanna make a bet?I have hundreds of newbies a month who come into my shop and they never ask me for the smaller displacement motors.Traxxas is a perfect example between their 2.5 and 3.3 motors.That they do understand.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Wanna make a bet?I have hundreds of newbies a month who come into my shop and they never ask me for the smaller displacement motors.Traxxas is a perfect example between their 2.5 and 3.3 motors.That they do understand.
I'm pretty sure a beginner asks for the fastest. Traxxas puts 65mph on the box and that sells, not the engine size.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

No sense trying to explain what you obviously don't understand. Hey KDUB make sure those .21 get put in those rc8rs because you won't sell them if you put those .28 in them.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

No sense trying to explain what you obviously don't understand. Hey KDUB make sure those .21 get put in those rc8rs because you won't sell them if you put those .28 in them.
I understand what your saying just fine. Let's drop it because YOU don't understand my point.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:35 PM
ODB
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am that guy who you speak of (the newbie on the fence) who wants to give 1/8 scale gas a try, and I cannot tell you how much I want this car.

I have always enjoyed TA products, and I pretty much resigned myself to getting an 8ight RTR until I read this post.

Any idea on when this is going to be released? This car would definitely push me into the world of nitro.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.