R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-14-2007, 12:50 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

How fast of servo do you guys want? After a while, too fast becomes a PITA! Every mistake you make, will be transmitted to the car faster too! Its not the servo that makes the car faster, the driver does.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:21 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I thought I was going to get some sort of underground set-up when I read the title of this thread. Except for a couple posts it was very disappointing.

The AE servos are Ace rebadged. Ive heard Ace servos will no longer exist soon just the new AE ones. That being said they are some of the best servos Ive ever used. I bought 2 in January and raced them all year. I use the 1313 which is the slower weaker ones. Ive used them in 1/8th buggies and even briefly in a truggy for both steering and throttle. They are plenty fast and strong enough for anything Ive thrown at them.

Recently one started acting funny. I noticed after a main (that I won) the steering servo would bounce back and forth instead of properly centering. I sent it in to Ace customer service and recieved a new servo within a couple weeks time.

So not only are they some of the best performing trouble free servos they have some of the best customer service in the industry. If I was an AE sponsored driver I would absolutely use their servos unless I had a radio sponsor who required me to run something else. I had to buy mine and will buy them again.
PTP Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:37 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

everyone knows prototypes are magical that is why you always see all the top drivers with them lol they are sprinkled with magic pixxie dust.... just a little note on servo speed if you get one thats really fast it can make you mess up just as easy as it can get you out of trouble see it all the time...pipe huggers that correct counter correct eat the pipe or stroll out in front of traffic just like anyone else..it happens
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:56 PM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I guess it all boils down to he is mad at himself for not doing his homework on servos before purchasing them. What did he think an AE employee was going to sell him?

When the Losi guys (I was one once) were tearing up throttle servos left and right I saw several of them putting cheap ones back on until they got the problem lined out and they were still fast.

But if Scooter is so easily talked into something, I have some ocean front property in Western Arkansas he can buy, Ryan Maifield lives around there I think.
big chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #50
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well i got my 5 minutes of LMFAO after reading this thread!! I can't believe this dude created all this stuff!!!!!!!
norman2cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #51
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr View Post
It cracks me up when people really think that factory guys get all these super top secret parts and components. Yes they get prototypes. And yes, many times they do out perform anything that the general public will see. But many times that performance comes with a price. Usually reliability or actual cost of the product. That's how product development works. They push the performance to the limits of unreliability, then back off some for their production products. The same people who complain that they don't get the "super high end" stuff the factory guys get would be the same ones complaining when their "super high end" stuff dies or breaks after a short period of time if companies released everything they tested that may have performed better over a short period of time.

And of course the customer service is going to tell you that all their drivers run their servos. Because like Kurt just posted, many of them do. All of them probably have the access to run those servos. But what they have in their car is up to the individual driver and his other sponsors.
Come on Jon..everyone knows that your paid to say this..we all know that you guys get all the "special stuff"....come on Jon come clean..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:26 PM   #52
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NJA82

Scootersisters; You seriously need Dr. Phil man, take it easy, life isnt that bad, mis information is EVERYWHERE its up to us to decide and sipher through the crap to see for ourselves from research and word of mouth what is the superior product. Do you go to a car dealership and go by the salesmans opionion when buying a car? I certainly hope not, a normal person would use the internet for the right reasons and ask questions here and not just use it for flaming someone thats just trying to promote there own product, you would do the same if you were a buisness, theres no money to be made by being an honest salesman im affraid, unless you are in a market that has no competition.

Anyway all that aside, give maifield or Cav a entry level servo and they would still win at a world level, the transit speed that you are going on and on about has stuff all to do with the needs in 1/8 scale, torque is all you really need, most servo`s in the high end market move even to fast for the pro`s to even use to full advantage, humans have only got so much hand/eye co-ordination . I went and bought JR and KO top shelf servo`s for my cars mainly due to the fact that they are reliable and smooth and can handle years of abuse, not to mention they have a good reputation in the racing world, if you read around these forums enough you will find all the info you need for buying a good servo and then you wont have to waste money calling AE or any other manafacturer.
NJA82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:41 PM   #53
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdoctor View Post
This thread is hilarious!!!! LMAO....

I hope Scootersissies is just kidding us, and laughing as hard as I am!!

Ace servos are great, and everyone knows it!!
Now that I gathered this many posts in 1 day I can more quickly make my choice on what servo I want. I will be ordering my ace tomarow. Its funny how if you add some negitivity everyone gets fired up and has to put there two sense in.... thanks guys.
Scootersisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:59 PM   #54
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Now that is funny. lol
Not sure why but made me smile.
Read the start of this afternoon and now to hear it was a ruse for quick information..
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:00 PM   #55
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootersisters View Post
Now that I gathered this many posts in 1 day I can more quickly make my choice on what servo I want. I will be ordering my ace tomarow. Its funny how if you add some negitivity everyone gets fired up and has to put there two sense in.... thanks guys.

Nice attempted save!
JConcepts www.jconcepts.net
Ace Hobby Distributors www.acehobbyaustralia.com
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:06 PM   #56
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

If you call AE and ask what servos their drivers use, of course they will tell you Ace. It's like asking a company if the product they make is good. They will tell u it's great.

For 1/8 buggy, I use air 94358/359 0.1sec/200oz. I have them in every one of my buggies for steering and throttle and used them for years without any problem. I think the speed is just right, not too fast (like 0.07/125oz) and not too slow (0.13 or slower). If the price difference is not big, you should stick w/ proven servos.

Use only 200+ oz servo for your throttle. 1/8 is heavy, it takes a lot of power to stop it. I burned up two weaker throttle servos before I switched to 94358 completely.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:11 PM   #57
Tech Apprentice

Why do I need to attempt to save a screen name........
Old 11-14-2007, 07:13 PM   #58
Tech Apprentice

does anyone even know who scooter brothers is?
Old 11-14-2007, 07:15 PM   #59
Tech Apprentice

and... to prove my point, when does rick howart chime in on a common servo thread. I know I have good info now
Old 11-14-2007, 08:43 PM   #60
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Man o man....you just never know on the internet sometimes... and dam a negative post sure gets results fast... very clever !!! LOL........... For any of you have seen the move " Waiting "... I would say Skooter here just gave us the "Goat " LOL !!!!!! three kicks in the ass
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote