R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-14-2007, 12:56 AM   #31
SH
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXRAY View Post
They are a very quick servo...no doubt. But there dont last long i have been through 6 off them before i gave up on them
yeah but you are hard on the gear
SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:23 AM   #32
Tech Adept

This post has just had me PMSL.
The ace servo has taken over in the UK,virtually everyone is running them at my track no one runs anything else.The specs and build are the best out of any servo out there at the minute and the support is superb.I offloaded all my KO and futaba gear and replaced them with ACE's (now got 5 of them).
damo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:25 AM   #33
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootersisters View Post
MY POINT IS ITS ABSOLUTE CRAP THAT AE TELLS EVERYONE THAT EVERY TEAM DRIVER RUNS THERE SERVOS THAT I BOUGHT!!!!!

I wasted money becuase of it!!!!!!!!!!!

How much you wanting for the servos
damo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:08 AM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You're a complete idiot. I have always run Futaba S9351 steering and S9451 throttle but when fitting out a new car I couldn't get a 351 locally. I went with one of the Ace servos, not sure which one but it is just as good as the Futaba, my only complaint was the case is a little fatter nd was a tight squeeze to get it into the Losi 8 radio tray.

Do you really think these guys get beefed up servos? It's not like it's F1 buddy is RC racing, if you're a crap drive and get beat by others than spend more time practicing and less time down at your local crack dealers house!
El Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:04 AM   #35
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

NO, he's right!!! I went to associated one night and searched through their trash. I found two servo's marked "The Servos of Destiny", the box said"to be used by pro's only"

What the hell I said, I threw them in my car and I tq'd and won on club night. I moved up to expert class and now I win every night.

Losi, Kyosho, Associated, Mugen keep knocking on my door to sponser me.

They burn't out on me though and I'm afraid to get them fixed because someone will know I have them. And I haven't won anything since.

It was a good run though. So if you ever get a chance to run "The Servo's of Destiny" take em and don't look back...
teabag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:06 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pedro View Post
You're a complete idiot. I have always run Futaba S9351 steering and S9451 throttle but when fitting out a new car I couldn't get a 351 locally. I went with one of the Ace servos, not sure which one but it is just as good as the Futaba, my only complaint was the case is a little fatter nd was a tight squeeze to get it into the Losi 8 radio tray.

Do you really think these guys get beefed up servos? It's not like it's F1 buddy is RC racing, if you're a crap drive and get beat by others than spend more time practicing and less time down at your local crack dealers house!
This is good
Old 11-14-2007, 08:13 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootersisters View Post
So what everyone is saying from most every post made is.... Your servos are fast and strong and your driving ability sucks????????????
Hmmm... well... in MY case, my servos are fast enough and strong enough (although they aren't the ones you are talking about) and YES, my driving ability sucks!
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:21 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabag View Post
NO, he's right!!! I went to associated one night and searched through their trash. I found two servo's marked "The Servos of Destiny", the box said"to be used by pro's only"

What the hell I said, I threw them in my car and I tq'd and won on club night. I moved up to expert class and now I win every night.

They burn't out on me though and I'm afraid to get them fixed because someone will know I have them. And I haven't won anything since.

It was a good run though. So if you ever get a chance to run "The Servo's of Destiny" take em and don't look back...

OMG so THAT's what happened to the servo's my "inside guy" put out there for me... you beat me to them! You stole my hookup!

Now the guys in the black suits will be looking for both of us...

I was looking forward to a trip to the worlds this year too. Darnit!
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:37 AM   #39
Tech Adept

The AE drivers don't need to steer much, the car knows where its supposed to go...Its an RC8
bherzog513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:52 AM   #40
Tech Elite

I run the XP 1015 in my TC5.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:55 AM   #41
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabag View Post

Tears im in Tears

And im from the Uk and i only use ace servos

Ds1015 on both throttle and steering they have never let me down at all and i wont use any other
Megacrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:50 AM   #42
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

first: it ain't the servo, it's the engine's they get

second: there is no way if a driver is sponsored by say futaba that he would run AE servo's..he would run futaba in an AE car.....most driver's pick and choose from what they can get from the sponsors.....

third: most team drivers don't run anything we can get
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:55 AM   #43
Tech Master

I've been searching for those magic servos for years, still have not found even 1 that made me a better driver.

scootersisters, heres a chill pill, take it.
-ROAR 4 cell rule Blows
RBMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:22 AM   #44
Tech Addict

There is no standard for the specs on a servo..........just because the number looks slower doesn't mean the XP servos are not fast.

Everyone on here can attest to the performance. I know for a fact that Richard Saxton has 1015s in his RC8 and truggy....

When we get more of them in stock I will have the 1313s in my car. I can post you a picture.
kdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:48 AM   #45
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It cracks me up when people really think that factory guys get all these super top secret parts and components. Yes they get prototypes. And yes, many times they do out perform anything that the general public will see. But many times that performance comes with a price. Usually reliability or actual cost of the product. That's how product development works. They push the performance to the limits of unreliability, then back off some for their production products. The same people who complain that they don't get the "super high end" stuff the factory guys get would be the same ones complaining when their "super high end" stuff dies or breaks after a short period of time if companies released everything they tested that may have performed better over a short period of time.

And of course the customer service is going to tell you that all their drivers run their servos. Because like Kurt just posted, many of them do. All of them probably have the access to run those servos. But what they have in their car is up to the individual driver and his other sponsors.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote