R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-12-2007, 06:58 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes it is just getting the hang of the tune from track to track with the help of my buddy Doug hes like the Allen Johnson of R/C
Old 11-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

im probably going to get the rossi sport engine as my first, i can get help tuning it and it seems like a good first engine to learn the ins and outs. Cheers
LRP, Intellect, Futaba
rcstunt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:29 PM   #18

Rcstunt, i wouldnt listen to half the ppl in here, dont worry bout break in also, Braz will help you and we can help with tune on race days for sure.

I think the sport is a good choice because you will be learning and no need to buy a good motor yet... i was watching Braz's cobra on the weekend and it was pulling on scootas ninja down the straight and easily as quick as joels RB.... and the axe motors get bagged in here, look at Braz's axe 20+ litres and still going hard.

Plus you know how to drive, just need to learn to drive nitro... wont take u long!

If you beat us with that losi though, you are on your own!!!
Loop&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #19
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loop&Roll View Post
Rcstunt, i wouldnt listen to half the ppl in here, dont worry bout break in also, Braz will help you and we can help with tune on race days for sure.

I think the sport is a good choice because you will be learning and no need to buy a good motor yet... i was watching Braz's cobra on the weekend and it was pulling on scootas ninja down the straight and easily as quick as joels RB.... and the axe motors get bagged in here, look at Braz's axe 20+ litres and still going hard.

Plus you know how to drive, just need to learn to drive nitro... wont take u long!

If you beat us with that losi though, you are on your own!!!

Well I was giving him advice based on him being totaly new to Nitro But if he has freinds who can help then it changes everything...the AXE Cobra looks like a terrific motor...I know the old Rossi Black magics would last forever....Very durable long lived motors...
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:35 PM   #20

+1
Old 11-13-2007, 04:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Well I was giving him advice based on him being totaly new to Nitro But if he has freinds who can help then it changes everything...the AXE Cobra looks like a terrific motor...I know the old Rossi Black magics would last forever....Very durable long lived motors...
Yeah no worries mate, i wasnt refering to you... that was good advice but he races with us and can get help with tune and run-in... even car setup...

RCstunt a fex ppl are using them ace servos, even dan and keith i think, they seem to be pretty good for the price... I wouldnt mind using em... I did put a hitec 5955 in my truggy and it turned quite well on the weekend but i think the ace servo's will be cheaper.... the hitec cost me 150 bucks...