R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   No Fuel to Engine (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/190132-no-fuel-engine.html)

David Day 11-09-2007 05:42 PM

No Fuel to Engine

I can't seem to get any fuel from the tank into my AE .15 Engine. I don't know why but every time I go to roto start it, no fuel goes through the line and into the engine. I even tried switching carbs. I even tried my old fuel tank, but that didn't even work.

Any ideas??

Mugen MBX-5 11-09-2007 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by David Day (Post 3849546)
I can't seem to get any fuel from the tank into my AE .15 Engine. I don't know why but every time I go to roto start it, no fuel goes through the line and into the engine. I even tried switching carbs. I even tried my old fuel tank, but that didn't even work.

Any ideas??

im new to this and wanna try answering:

it might be the little thing in your gastank that sucks up the fuel, try that, i know it has a filter or something, and maybe your is completely plugged?

David Day 11-09-2007 06:06 PM

You know, I've thought of that, and since someone else has brought it up, i need to learn now how to get it out to check.

Mugen MBX-5 11-09-2007 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by David Day (Post 3849607)
You know, I've thought of that, and since someone else has brought it up, i need to learn now how to get it out to check.

um... i have no idea how you would work on that.. seeing how its in the tank, maybe if you take the tank off you can access it from the bottom or something, if it wont go from the gas tank to the line, its gotta be that.

try sucking very very lightly on the hose that attaches to the carb with an empty tank and see if you can get air through, make sure not to get gas in your mouth (duh)

im betting its that little thing inside the gas tank

Turbine_au 11-09-2007 06:31 PM

Before you do any of that...

Have you tried blowing on the pressure line. That should send fuel to the carb. If not, check for a split fuel or pressure line.

Mugen MBX-5 11-09-2007 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Turbine_au (Post 3849679)
Before you do any of that...

Have you tried blowing on the pressure line. That should send fuel to the carb. If not, check for a split fuel or pressure line.

yeah thats actually a good idea, id blow on the pressure line before id start sucking on the other one.

split fuel line would be obvious... youd see fuel for like 1 inch in the tube, then it stops and theres fuel everywhere... its possible though

David Day 11-09-2007 07:30 PM

None of that worked, I get good air flow through both the pressure line and Fuel line. I wonder if it's my carb??

Mugen MBX-5 11-09-2007 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by David Day (Post 3849841)
None of that worked, I get good air flow through both the pressure line and Fuel line. I wonder if it's my carb??

fill it up witl gas like you normally would, but dont attach the hose to the carb. take the end of the hose thats supposed to be in the muffler, and blow into it. gas should come out the end of the other tube, if it does, your fine there and its possibly your carb is blocked or something?

tkhoo 12-02-2007 05:57 AM

ok, one of my friend .28 engine also facing this thing. I try to blow air in from pressure line but it cant go into carb, but if I OPEN the throttle then the fuel easyly go into carb, is this mean the carb is BAD? Please advise.

rageworks 12-02-2007 06:32 AM

Take the pres. line off the tank and try to blow air into the
exhaust pipe. If you can't then the nipple on the pipe is
clogged up. Use a wire or paper clip to clean it out then
squirt a little solvent through the nipple.

tkhoo 12-02-2007 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by rageworks (Post 3928961)
Take the pres. line off the tank and try to blow air into the
exhaust pipe. If you can't then the nipple on the pipe is
clogged up. Use a wire or paper clip to clean it out then
squirt a little solvent through the nipple.

I try to blow it from the pressure line into tank and the fuel in tank unable to go into the carb. Then it should be problem on carb. So we going to try put in another .21 carb on it to try up but need advise do .21 carb can be use on .28 engine? I know just for try is can but do it can use it on long term? Can it cause problem on the .28 engine? Pls advise and thanks in advance.