Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boiling MBX5R Parts, need info

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mremtr
Just wash your car off with hot water at the end of the day and spray it down with WD-40 and your arms will soften up naturally. Best of all, and the best hop-up you can possibly do FOR ANY CAR, is practice !! If you don't crash you won't break . Best part ,it's free!!
I agree 100% !!! Like Bob Marley said: "No crashing-no cry!!" heheheh

It is true that extreme cold can turn plastic brittle, and it might help warming parts before racing (tire warmers...), but the advantage will vanish as soon as parts like arms , wings, etc, cool off (fast) , not like tires that are kept warm by friction.

I can understand still less what advantage boiling the parts at home could give.....When people boil wheel rims to peel off old tires, they always re-use those rims for training, because they usually break easier.....maybe that's where all this car-breaking comes form!?!?!?