Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hot bodies lightning thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

ThomasGorski- Hey man I am sure that we just haven't got the site labeled right. As far as the wheels rubbing the arm, you can take a dremel and slightly shave down the arm. This will allow the wheel to throw all the way without rubbing the arm. Just make sure you shave off no more then absolutely needed. To much taken off could weaken the structural integrity of the arm.

What size track are you running on? I usually try to stick with an RB 2045, Werks 2013, 086 or and 053. Fill me in on your track, i.e; size, surface, etc., and I will try to narrow it down for you.

Crazy4wdracer- If I understood you right, I would dremel the arm enough on the inside so that the hubs can get full throw without hitting the arm and over stressing the servo. This is exactly what I did on my EVO to get a little extra throw.

Hey guys let me know what you think and how it worked how.
Marcus
Old 05-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Black-I dremeled them out and I have much more steering throw now too. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys.....

Where in europe do I find a dealer that have spares for stadium 2 pro at stock.....
My LHS tells me that they have a hard time getting the parts from Hotbodies, and iam almost out of some parts...

And why cant i find any web-sites that have spares for the stadium 2 pro? Havent the car reached the streets for real yet or how do you guys see it?
Old 05-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I'm just reviving an old thread to ask a question

Is this truggy still competitive? Will it be able to hang with the new trucks?

I have a line on a cheap one and was just wondering

Thanks

Jason
Old 05-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jdeadman

Thanks

Jason
No
Old 05-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Why would you say no? This is still a very capable truggy. This was one of the first truggies made. It will still hold up to any losi or xray. Just because it is an older model means nothing. Parts support is still strong for this truggy. I say you get it and give it a try. Most racing is won by the driver not vehicle.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by milenko_76
Why would you say no? This is still a very capable truggy. This was one of the first truggies made. It will still hold up to any losi or xray. Just because it is an older model means nothing. Parts support is still strong for this truggy. I say you get it and give it a try. Most racing is won by the driver not vehicle.
Take your self and run the old lightning, then run the D8T.
You'll be faster with the D8T
Old 05-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I agree with you on that. The D8T is nice. If you can get a deal on a lightning stadium I say get it. True its not as good but it is still a capable truggy. Thats all I was saying. It will still hold with the new truggies
Old 05-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Ok so my next question . is $300 Canadian ( like 260 US) a good deal. Has lots of aluminum parts and a brand new in box dynamite MACH.28 motor to go with it
Old 05-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Ok so my next question . is $300 Canadian ( like 260 US) a good deal. Has lots of aluminum parts and a brand new in box dynamite MACH.28 motor to go with it
NO...sorry just won't cut it against new truggies. I say save up a lil and wait a little and get a Caster K8T or Losi 1.0 Can be had for $225 and though it's the older truggy it still is very competitive, also Jammin X2 For $300 as roller another good truck,or the D8T brand new for @$370-400 you'll be better off in the long run with newer kit. all that aluminum might look pretty but it's not good for racing.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks

Jason
This truck will be as good as the driver. Most drivers cannot use the full potential of the truck, so up to a certain point skill level, the truck does not have a real impact on performance. The LSP is still capable, but it does give up some to the D8T. My old LSP was run by my g/f's son in our shoot out recently and if it wasn't for a motor dying out in the first main, then he would've finished ahead of a few others driving some of the newest vehicles.

If you can get one cheap, there's also a chance to make a frakenstein truck too. Part LSP, part D8 if you want since the diffs and the drive train are very similar. Depending on the track, the LSP will hold it's own, but you will have to drive a bit better to get good results. One other thing is that the old LSP with aluminum parts and a few king headz upgrades are like tanks! Pretty much for sure to finish the race!
Old 05-22-2009, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone know or have tried to put many D8T Parts on a LSP? and how much stuff from the LSP2 goes on teh LSP?

I'm really not a fan of aluminum for a-arms. are there good derlin (plastic) parts available?

thanks again
Old 05-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know or have tried to put many D8T Parts on a LSP? and how much stuff from the LSP2 goes on teh LSP?

I'm really not a fan of aluminum for a-arms. are there good derlin (plastic) parts available?

thanks again
All the LS2P parts fit the LSP, I ran a LSP all last year only issue was bent driveshafts due to the plastic arm flex. I belive the LS2P arms are alittle stiffer.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I know this is a kind of big bump, but I have a suspension-related question.

I recently got a secondhand L2P buggy with what appear to be D8 shocks, either way they're big-bores. What's a decent oil/spring setup for a smooth mostly hardpacked track without too many jumps? Right now, it has black springs all around, and i have no idea what the oil rating is.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

For the LSP, IMO the aluminum arms are the way to go. The plastic arms that they used were soft and often led to bent drive shafts. The aluminum arms were way better and alot more consistant in the jumping also. While you may be faster in a D8T, the LSP is a very stable and easy to drive machine that is still capable of doing well. My g/f's son who is 9 just raced this past weekend at our local track with a aluminum armed LSP. He's still learning to drive, with this being his second race. He finished ahead of some other people who were wheeling a few other current top end machines. The funny part is, I'm still not letting go for the doubles and really user the power of the mill to really get moving. I want him to learn to drive and not let the power go to his head. Learn the skills first, then get the guts and nerve to push hard.

This truck is capable. Is it as fast as a D8T? Of course not for most people, but it is built like a tank and can still hold it's own. One more big plus is that if you start out with this truck, alot of the drivetrain parts are used in the new D8T.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.