R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-04-2008, 11:42 AM   #91
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

in fact it is more like a Hellfire front they use
Old 05-08-2008, 10:52 AM   #92
Tech Apprentice

Is there any plans about upgrades or anything to the truggy or is it just the buggy who get a makeover?
And have the car won any major races? Because the ppl here in denmark that I race agianst says that the car isnt good enough to win anything and i want to make them look bad ( please help me with that )
ThomasGorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:32 PM   #93
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Black

The buggy is gonna to be completely redesigned. Then once the buggy is done a truggy will follow shortly afterwards.

Your friends have no clue what they are talking about!! haha just playing. Hot Bodies has always produced competitive kits, however, since HB has added on some heavy hitters to their race and R&D team. Now HB is even more competitive and has produced some amazing results so far this year. Look up Silverstate, The Nitro Challenge (?), the Cactus Classic, and even the Truggy Nats and you will see a Hot bodies in the A-main at every event except the truggy nats. Which at the truggy nats, Robbers, Tessman, and Amezcua were all in the B-main with Travis in a transfer spot till he broke a front arm. So yes HB is super competitive and I will do my best to help you get either your buggy or truggy dialed in to beat the others in your area. Good luck.
Marcus
Old 05-08-2008, 08:14 PM   #94
Tech Apprentice

Here in denmark we are racing some very technical tracks, with alot of tight corners and dont have so long strights, and you cant count on the grip, it changes all the time, so if I could get a good stating setup for that it would be nice. And then from there I could fine tune it.
And what tyres are you useing....?
For motor and pipe iam running an STS .21 D21T MK 2 with the new grp efra pipe. I hope its enough info, if you need more info just ask what you need..
Old 05-08-2008, 09:56 PM   #95
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to BLLRIDR

I thought I would just share a photo of my Hot Bodies
Even got the Cyclone D4 in there
Love them
Old 05-08-2008, 10:29 PM   #96
Tech Master

BLLRIDR- Hey man sweet looking rides! Thanks for posting pics. How about posting your equipment and suspension setup for all to see? Nice rides once again.

Thomas- If you could give me a little more info on your track, i.e; surface, jump size, types of turns (being 180* or fast sweeping turns, etc).

However, I will give you my best recommendation from what I know
I would start out with diffs being;
Front-5,000, Center-5,000, Rear-1,000 or 2,000
With that diff setup the car will be super easy to drive and allow you to really push the car without getting yourself in trouble.
Front suspension-
1.5 pistons with 35wt oil and white springs
Mount the shock in the upper position on tower and in the middle hole.
Mount the shocks on the outside hole on the arm
-1* camber
22* Hot Bodie hubs

Center
Run 60/40 break bias
60 rear and 40 front.
this will allow you to run into a corner super hard, jam the brakes and get the car to rotate.

Rear
I would run 1.4 pistons and 35wt oil with white springs
Mount the shock in the upper position on tower in the middle hole
Mount the shocks on the inside hole on the arm
-1.5* camber
Mount the rear camber link on the middle inside hole on the tower and on the lower hole on the hub
Rear hubs all the way forward
2* rear toe plate, 3* for more rear traction

As far as tires I run Werks tires, usually their STUBs tire in R200 compound. Or if the track is loamy I run HOOKED UP TIRES.

Also check the other hot bodies thread on here for 2 more of my setups. Hope this helps my friend. Thanks
Marcus
Old 05-10-2008, 07:30 AM   #97
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quick question on my sport 2 buggy, which pipe would be recommended for a dry slick technical track with many jumps? I want to keep using my mach .26 for a while yet. Only 1 long straight so i'm not looking for alot of top end. We haven't had any races yet so i haven't been able to compare with other racers. Also would it make a big difference to change the wing?
not-a-lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:08 AM   #98
Tech Apprentice

Default What pipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by not-a-lobster View Post
Quick question on my sport 2 buggy, which pipe would be recommended for a dry slick technical track with many jumps? I want to keep using my mach .26 for a while yet. Only 1 long straight so i'm not looking for alot of top end. We haven't had any races yet so i haven't been able to compare with other racers. Also would it make a big difference to change the wing?
Jammin JP1 or JP3,Crime Fighter tires
xxxrcnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #99
Tech Adept

Thank you, I just happen to know where i can borrow those to try. Now if we can get it to stop snowing and warm up. Had to cancel another race due to weather. Any suggestions on snow tires for a 1/8 buggy
Old 05-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #100
Tech Master

Not-a-Lobster hey man you can run an 086 pipe and that will make the bottom end softer and much much easier to drive.

Personally, I would run an 086 pipe with carbon shoes and .9 springs. That setup will allow the clutch to engage at a lower RPM which will also help take some of the bottom end out. Also remember when it is cold out, much like what you are experiencing remember to soften up the shock oil by 5wt or so.

As far as the high downforce wing, I would definitely give that a try.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out and if you have anymore questions.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:51 PM   #101
Tech Adept

As of now I'm running a jp3 (borrowed) 2 carbon 1 alum shoes and 1.0 springs. I switched to mohawk tires to get some grip and the car is much better. In hind site i would have gone with a pro version but i'm on a budget and wasn't sure if i would like the class, turned out i really enjoy the responsiveness over my crt. I had a local 8ight driver run the car and he thought it was handling pretty well. I have to rely on other opinions due to my inexperience on the racing scene. ps, if the weather doesn't get better i'm going over to the Gen-x thread. hahaha
Old 05-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #102
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcejk

What starter box is everyone using? i was thinking about purchasing the mugen starter box but i am not sure what one to get? any help would be great

thanks ethan
rcejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #103
Tech Master

Ethan- The top three boxes out there are the Mugen 1/8th offroad box, the Ofna truggy box, or the original chrome top starter box. The only snag to the Chrome Top is that it is very heavy with gel cell. However, the Chrome Top will start ANYTHING!!! But rest assure the other two boxes are by no means slouches! I run the Ofna truggy box. They are all reasonably priced and will last forever. So as long as you stick with one of those three you will be in great shape.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #104
Tech Apprentice

How can it be that the new truggy (stadium 2 pro "kit") inst on the american web site yet and only the rtr version? Ist because we are test persons

And that on the european site that the parts on both standart and option inst correct?

What should i do with the tyres/steering? When i set the end points all the way out on the sterring, the wheels run into the upper arm.

What pipe should i run with my STS D21T MK2 engine to get the best fuel economy?

Hope you guys can help.

Last edited by ThomasGorski; 05-13-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #105
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crazy4wdracer

I am converting my Lightning Stadium Pro-R right now and it is much lighter than it was with the stock aluminum arms. I am having one problem though, the front arms are hitting on the front c hubs. Should i just gring the excess plastic on the front arms off so that they won't hit? I am in the process of getting it ready for the Ohio State Series this weekend.
crazy4wdracer is offline   Reply With Quote