R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2007, 05:18 PM   #91
Tech Champion
 
Briguy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson View Post
OH BOY!!!! your not arguing, but your arging...this is stupid , and ill say this one more time...YOUR FINDINGS IS BEST FOR YOU (and the rest of the world as you say) AND I LIKE MY WAY!!!!!!!! so lets get the heck over it, cause this could go on forever...

so your right and the rest of the others and i that like more torque are wrong...
Your not getting the point . He is trying to tell you the minimum amount of torque that is needed . Not that he is right and you are wrong and vise versa for you . 120 oz is plenty for todays buggies and if you have more and think you need more then more power to you and whoever else . I`ve used 300-400 oz servos and 130 oz servos in my buggies . I actually do better with a 130 oz servo , but to each his own . There is no right or wrong here , he was just explaining the amount that is needed to turn a buggy not that more is wrong . Long as it works for you who cares .
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:37 PM   #92
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
Your not getting the point . He is trying to tell you the minimum amount of torque that is needed . Not that he is right and you are wrong and vise versa for you . 120 oz is plenty for todays buggies and if you have more and think you need more then more power to you and whoever else . I`ve used 300-400 oz servos and 130 oz servos in my buggies . I actually do better with a 130 oz servo , but to each his own . There is no right or wrong here , he was just explaining the amount that is needed to turn a buggy not that more is wrong . Long as it works for you who cares .
Here is what I have observed in my Losi LST truck ( I already sold it ). With single 13kg servo, the steering movement is super way too slow and it doesn't reach maximum steering. With double 13kg servo, the steering movement is still slow, but it can reach maximum steering. However, it doesn't reach my satisfaction level. With double 24kg servo, then suddenly the steering become quick and acceptable to my taste.

I test the steering movement on the floor.

Btw, even in my buggy, more torque means more holding power while turning on rough terrain. My home track is too rough for buggy, but thanks to 24kg servo, my buggy can turn very well while other sometimes said understeering on their car.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:01 PM   #93
Tech Elite
 
Jason Halvorson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Grand Forks ND
Posts: 3,955
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Here is what I have observed in my Losi LST truck ( I already sold it ). With single 13kg servo, the steering movement is super way too slow and it doesn't reach maximum steering. With double 13kg servo, the steering movement is still slow, but it can reach maximum steering. However, it doesn't reach my satisfaction level. With double 24kg servo, then suddenly the steering become quick and acceptable to my taste.

I test the steering movement on the floor.

Btw, even in my buggy, more torque means more holding power while turning on rough terrain. My home track is too rough for buggy, but thanks to 24kg servo, my buggy can turn very well while other sometimes said understeering on their car.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:02 PM   #94
Tech Elite
 
rezenclowd3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Solvang, CA
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
Your not getting the point . He is trying to tell you the minimum amount of torque that is needed . Not that he is right and you are wrong and vise versa for you . 120 oz is plenty for todays buggies and if you have more and think you need more then more power to you and whoever else . I`ve used 300-400 oz servos and 130 oz servos in my buggies . I actually do better with a 130 oz servo , but to each his own . There is no right or wrong here , he was just explaining the amount that is needed to turn a buggy not that more is wrong . Long as it works for you who cares .
+1 It should not have been that hard to understand...

Jason, BTW, I never spelled arguing "arging" Either way, I would not be the first or last person to spell something wrong in an informal post. No "personal" attack necessary. Please, if you have a problem with something, PM me.
__________________
OOMSGFX.COM (no longer painting, but take a look for fun!), Roadrunners RC Club
"Racing drivers have balls, unfortunately, none of them are crystal" (David Coulthard)
"I believe the average IQ of a NASCAR fan is only marginally above the things that hit the windscreen during the race. "
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:43 PM   #95
Tech Elite
 
Jason Halvorson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Grand Forks ND
Posts: 3,955
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
+1 It should not have been that hard to understand...

Jason, BTW, I never spelled arguing "arging" Either way, I would not be the first or last person to spell something wrong in an informal post. No "personal" attack necessary. Please, if you have a problem with something, PM me.
pmed cleared up a stupid misunderstanding...sorry to all the guys that had to read this drawn out ordeal...im not and never will say rez doent know his stuff, cause he does, and has helped me out at times with some of my problem i could not solve...it was just a debate and not a argument...
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:20 PM   #96
Tech Elite
 
rezenclowd3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Solvang, CA
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3
Default

Group hug... ;-) (actually Id prefer a "Cheers" and a Newcastle instead...hugs creep me out...mebbe its just the Californian in me.)
__________________
OOMSGFX.COM (no longer painting, but take a look for fun!), Roadrunners RC Club
"Racing drivers have balls, unfortunately, none of them are crystal" (David Coulthard)
"I believe the average IQ of a NASCAR fan is only marginally above the things that hit the windscreen during the race. "
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:50 AM   #97
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Townsville
Posts: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_J View Post
Like the title says. I don't want to know how cheap a servo I need. I just want to know, at what point it gets overkill. How much torque and speed is necessary, and do you run different servos in the throttle over the steering.

Thanks
See what u started
imagine if you asked which brand of servo was best
prolly would have got a lot of
and some
and maybe even some

Loop&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:38 AM   #98
Tech Adept
 
DR ZAIRUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Valencia (Spain)
Posts: 201
Default ACE SERVO

BTW: while we're at it, another question about servos: I got an ACE brand servo and when I conected it to my Futaba Fasst receiver, it just jammed all the way to one side and would do nothing else. I turned the power off. As soon as I turned it back on, the servo went all the way to one side and stayed there, straining.

Does this mean I have to change the wires on the servo plug?? Or is there some kind of incompatibility and I can't use this servo with this receiver??
__________________
Hong Nor/Jammin' X2
Picco P7 Evo3+JP3
Futaba+KO Propo.
TEAM www.fisio-sport.com
(Valencia, Spain)
DR ZAIRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #99
Tech Elite
 
rezenclowd3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Solvang, CA
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3
Default

First reset all trims and EPAs when installing a new servo. If it still has this odd behavior, contact ACE, as it should not be a RX issue.
__________________
OOMSGFX.COM (no longer painting, but take a look for fun!), Roadrunners RC Club
"Racing drivers have balls, unfortunately, none of them are crystal" (David Coulthard)
"I believe the average IQ of a NASCAR fan is only marginally above the things that hit the windscreen during the race. "
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:26 PM   #100
Tech Elite
 
Jason Halvorson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Grand Forks ND
Posts: 3,955
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loop&Roll View Post
See what u started
imagine if you asked which brand of servo was best
prolly would have got a lot of
and some
and maybe even some

LOL WELL now with that said...i like Hi Tech for T/B and JR for steering LOL, but its not a big deal what you use these days there is so many good digi servos out on the market...
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:08 AM   #101
Tech Elite
 
DOMIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Posts: 4,034
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR ZAIRUS View Post
BTW: while we're at it, another question about servos: I got an ACE brand servo and when I conected it to my Futaba Fasst receiver, it just jammed all the way to one side and would do nothing else. I turned the power off. As soon as I turned it back on, the servo went all the way to one side and stayed there, straining.

Does this mean I have to change the wires on the servo plug?? Or is there some kind of incompatibility and I can't use this servo with this receiver??

I have heard of something similar to this with spektrum systems when changing from an analog to digital servo... this might be a similar problem. re-marry the rx to the tx. See if that helps. Note that I have not personally seen that problem, but have been told about it more than once.

Brad
__________________
Brad "DOMIT" Smith - I'm not fast, but at least I wreck a lot.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:32 PM   #102
Tech Adept
 
DR ZAIRUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Valencia (Spain)
Posts: 201
Default

Already tried that. I'll have to check out the polarity....hmmmmm
__________________
Hong Nor/Jammin' X2
Picco P7 Evo3+JP3
Futaba+KO Propo.
TEAM www.fisio-sport.com
(Valencia, Spain)
DR ZAIRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which servo is the best for 1/8 buggy? JBRacing Electric Off-Road 18 01-21-2010 08:48 PM
WTB: SERVO for 1/8 Buggy T/B Jon2 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 12 01-17-2007 10:24 PM
looking for 21 size engine for 1/8 buggy and also 13 kg servo(no futaba servo pls) f18 Singapore R/C Racers 0 12-04-2006 08:30 AM
Servo for 2wd buggy ? Tor Erik Electric Off-Road 6 04-30-2004 05:26 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:11 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net