R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-25-2007, 08:56 PM   #1
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Losi 8ight Race Roller and RC8 durability..

I not really asking which is "better/faster".

Just wondering if one is known to be more durable, less damage/breakage prone then the other.
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:30 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The RC8 definately needs more time before anything can be said about it's durability. It's only been a few weeks. Don't forget every 1/8 buggy has it's own downfalls and specialties.

Plus think about how many Losi are out there compared to the newly released RC8.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:55 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Thumbs up

He is right. You can't put the two side by side yet because the RC8 has soo little time on it.

I do know this. The Losi takes a ton of abuse and keeps comming back for more. Sure there are a couple of things you need to watch for but if you do, you can race a full season on your plastic parts.

Raceability and handeling? Look at the results. I love mine and it is by far the car I have done the least to.

Keep in mind it is not for the faint of heart. It is a racer!

TEX
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:59 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
I not really asking which is "better/faster".
that's what this is going to turn into

I can only speak on the RC8. I have been running mine nearly every weekend (and at least 2 days out of each week) for the past month and haven't broken a single thing. Haven't even had a bolt come loose.

There have been many top plate breakage issues and hinge pin issues but I have not experienced any of those. Maybe I just got a good one out of the batch. I have wrecked the hell out of mine and was doing cartwheels like crazy the first couple outings while I was getting used to it's freak nasty jumpage. Also, I have never bashed mine, I keep it on the track...that usually helps.
salteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:30 AM   #5
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Unhappy

Yeper the RC8 is super nice I'm a Losi man myself and yes just like when the 8ight came out there were small problems... So far the front shock towers have split in half and the rear hindge pins tend to rip out! Otherwise it a real beast! Good luck you RC8 peeps,see you at the finals at B&B on November 2-3-4

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:42 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ephidelt490

Shock tower split in half ? Definitely haven't seen anyone post anything in regards to that being an issue.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:54 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have both and the Losi 8ight is tons stronger. Haven't had anything break on my 8ight yet and it has taken some hard hits. Had my RC8 out twice and it broke twice. First time it was a hard hit, but the second wasn't so. I still like my RC8 more.
VictionOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:09 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Right now, the Losi IMO is stronger that the RC8. Then again, the Losi has been out longer also. I watch many guys RC8's front upper arm rear holders and lower front arms break from hitting something on the track. I'm pretty sure they will update any weak links on the RC8 soon. My friends Losi kept having the shocks leak, but he said they supposedly fixed that now. Can't tell though, since he got rid of it. I can tell you that a MP777 WC can take a hit out of this world though and keep going. Mine hit a wood board at full speed at the end of our straight away when the battery plug came loose, cracked the plywood board, turn marhall through it back on the track only to have it drive into a chain link fence full speed and kept going. Nothing found damaged.