R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-25-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Hyper ST VS Mugen mb5xt

Ok Im obviousely asking the age old rc forum question which one is better. But in alking with my LHS I have found that it is really hard for him to get parts for the Hyper, which was my first choice. So would it b worth waiting on parts to get the Hyper, or is the Mugen just as good? Cause parts for it are easy to find. And sine I will be racing it, I will probably be braking parts. I also have a Losi buggy that I can use during waiting times so I dont really know if the waiting part will bother me since I can still race one or the other. This will be my first truggy so any info would be appriciated!

Losi 8ight
RB S311

Mugen MBX5T Prospec
Trinity Platinum Draked W/JP-4

Airtronics, Spektrum, King Headz, Rb, Losi, Hpi, Amb, Ford, Bud Light, Hitec, Dynamite, Proline, qoncepts, Jconcepts, Mugen, Trinity, Ofna, JR, and on and on!
Scott8ight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:44 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

IMO I would get non that you mentioned.....Why you ask.You said you have a 8b so I would get the 8t a lot of interchangeable parts between the 2.Another good thing is the 8b and 8T use the same standard screws,which means you won`t have to buy a new set of tools to work on your truggy.But this is just my opinion.

And the truggy I would run would be the mugen out of the 2 you have choosen to pick from.Why well lets just say I see both of them run and yes both do very good but the mugen finishes more races....it is very durable.If parts are easy to get for the mugen then that`s just another reason I would lean in that direction.........
rossoh10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dude,

Get on Ebay and get your Hyper Parts there. They are dirt cheap! People are parting out the Hyper kits all the time.

Also, you have www.nitrohouse.com for all things Ho Bao (Hyper 8.5/ST).

Between the two mentioned above, parts will be half as much as what your LHS charges, and they are always instock...
rabidsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote