Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Invitational Austin Texas -- Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Default Nitro Invitational Austin Texas -- Video

The Nitro Invitational is a city championship. Each driver designates a city to get all the points they accumulate towards that championship. Austin took the 1st place cup for the 2nd year in a row. Closely followed by Dallas. I put the SMT main up in the monster truck thread. This vid is the Expert Buggy Main. I'm putting out two versions on this set of each video. One with music and one with just the ambient track sounds. Encoding the ambient version of this one right now so I'll have to post it up later. In the meantime here is the version with music.

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/Invite-Exp-Buggy-M.html

Download
http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...xp-Buggy-M.wmv

More to follow 2 weeks until the Texas R/C Pro Series finals in San Antonio. I'll be going to that one as well. Stay tuned.

Griz
Old 10-12-2007, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

Default Ambient Sound version

Here is the vid with just the sounds of racing.

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/Invite-Exp-Buggy-A.html

Download
http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...p-Buggy-A.html

Griz
Old 10-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Nice...

Hey Griz, are you gonna post the Sportsman A-main? It'll be nice to see my buddy Ron putting a lap on 2nd...

(Yes, he's the new king of the sandbaggers...)
Old 10-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Great video yet again!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

how come my computer when i goto download it brings up alot of html crap lol... It a Apple computer to i think that might be Y... any way i could get that video in qucik time player lol...
Old 10-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Really good video. Looks like fun.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
how come my computer when i goto download it brings up alot of html crap lol... It a Apple computer to i think that might be Y... any way i could get that video in qucik time player lol...
Try flip4mac if you haven't already:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...omponents.mspx
Old 10-13-2007, 12:49 AM
Tech Addict

Default Yea thats what you need

Flip2Mac works I've recommended it to several Mac users and they can view the videos then. Don't know if I have the Sportsman A-Main. Might have part of it. What I was planning on doing was the gas truck truggy and buggy A-mains then combine the rest into a Sights & Sounds video. I was going along real well until yesterday when I hit a wall physically. First time I've tried to video more than one day in a row and I think I overdid it a bit doing 3 days in a row this past weekend. And I think one of the dogs I ate Sat was a little green around the gills becuase I got a little sick from that. Usually I try and get as many out as I can from a set of tapes during the following week. Then I go get more. But this week I'm not going anywhere so I will continue to turn out these next week for the classes I haven't done yet. And stuff I have on tape that hasn't made it to the net yet will go into my year in racing video I want to make after the big races are over in Nov. I want to make a long video for that one. About an hour in length with some footage from all the events I've been too over the year. Actually I wanted to switch over to Mac's H.264 encoding and run the darwin streaming server but I can't get my provider to install the thing for me. I need to move closer to a real town so I can get a static address for a reasonable price and do my own server. The rebuffers have been getting worse each month seems like. Then again most people don't try and stream 856x480 videos at 1192 kbps either Having a streaming server instead of a plain webserver doing the playback it would be much better. And I really like the color and file size of H.264 encoded stuff. I'm going to try and get the truggy A-Main done tomorrow. I slept most of the day today. The reason I'm up at 3am so no time like the present to get started.

Griz
Old 10-13-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
you do not need QT to play this movie on a mac.
Download Flip4Mac. This is a QT plugin that plays all WMV movies.

Sorry for the redundant post.

Last edited by bohdi; 10-13-2007 at 08:19 AM. Reason: redundant
Old 10-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

Default Next up Texas R/C Pro Series finals

Went to the Texas RCP finals last weekend in San Antonio. Shot 18 tapes so I have plenty of footage for some videos. Set up one camera to catch the big air jump on the frontstretch. I have about 2 hours of nothing but big air from that camera. I checked some of it out last night and there are some great shots. Resting up today but I'll get started on them tomorrow. Check back.

Griz
Old 10-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Can't wait. These vids are awesome.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Great work, Griz! Was Krueger at that city race in Austin?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Great job on the videos!!!!! Love the choice of music and the slo-mo. Awesome work! Can't wait to see more.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default Not sure

I don't know all the drivers. This is the first year I've done this. Actually it makes it kinda nice because since I don't know who they are I can't be accused of favoring one person over another. Had a little hold up getting on the SA tapes but I'm working on them now so expect some new vids the next few days. The San Antonio race was awesome. Some of the points battles were razor thin so everyone was going for it. I sat up one camera just to catch the big air jump on the front stretch for a couple of hours. Some serious air footage on those two tapes. I'm going to have a bit of fun with the old slo mo on some of that. I have 3 weeks until the next race I'm going to film so there is plenty of time to go through the 18 tapes I brought home. I want to get a terrbyte sized disk soon. It takes more time to clean off the disk to start on another set than it does to edit a video. All that DVD burning to preserve the files in case I want to use them again. I'm planning on doing an hour long end of year highlights video in Dec. Some footage from all the events I've filmed this season. I haven't tried to make one longer than about 10 minutes so it should be a challenge.

Griz