R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-12-2008, 04:04 AM   #16
Tech Regular

I ran my Mag head Speed on the weekend. It has only 3 litres on it and it ran like a dream all day, very consistant tune and temped at around 125C every race.... I can't complain with that.....
lowey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #17
Tech Rookie

I've had both engines, and currently have the speed (mag head). All i can say is what an engine!!! Its so smooth throughout the powerband, i thought the stock vzb was good, but now seems like a light switch compared to the speed.
I dont know a lot of people who use temp gauges, most tune by smoke.
After heat cycling this engine all a friend and i did was tune the engine enough to stop it from loading up. It's still very rich, smoke pouring out of it, but its consistant. The power even running on the rich side is ballistic. A friend has my old stocker, so we lined them up, the speed (with smoke pouring out) beat it for acceleration and top end, time after time. As for tuning, its nice to be able to just chuck it on the box at the track and go..........

I honestly cant see how some people can only get 5-6 gallons outta one of these engines? When it can be run on the rich side and still be so consistent.
nu2losi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:05 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I had one with the Mag. head and like it. Ran good and temps were around 230 F, I am not sure if the head is or is not a better conductor of heat. I know that mag. in general is pretty easy to bend and break. I think that may be another reason why the new speed has the alium. head.
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote