R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Novarossi 367 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/187317-novarossi-367-a.html)

cota348 10-22-2007 08:00 AM

Novarossi 367

One of the better and more experience drivers at the our track bought a brand new Novarossi 367 and was very happy with it, but it lasted only a race. It wasn´t too hot but the bearing gave out.

I was thinking about getting one but would like to hear other stories about this engine before making a decision.

Got any?

rabidsquirrel 10-22-2007 09:08 AM

Front or Rear bearing? Just curious...

That's an expensive bit of kit ruined by a ~$5 part!

:flaming:

cota348 10-22-2007 11:02 AM

Rear, the kit brings extra bearings, but normally you dont change the bearings after just the break in.

rabidsquirrel 10-22-2007 12:48 PM

Cota,

So, I take it that the motor survived the premature failure of the rear bearing?

I guess he heard it and shut her down before any real damage could be done...

houston 10-22-2007 04:13 PM

get the boca 14.5 x 26 mm steel 9 ball bearing as soon as you get any of the plus line of engines , i think that novarossi had a bad batch of bearings from the manufacturer of the bearings . cost for the bearing is about 25 - 30 $ and then you have to find somebody who is experienced to put it in for ya :nod: pm me if interested i am very good with engines :nod:and run houstons engine service here locally in the northwest :nod:
later , houston

novarossi is quite aware of the flame out issue and they are dealing with it for sure:nod: one way to deal with flameout issue is to add one more thin copper shim that comes with the engine to release some compression :D thats what we had to do to truhes engines to get em to run right , after we did that , they were too dam fast , :eek: seriously !!! another thing to do on those is to try a medium or hot turbo plug (turbo buttonhead part#nov28002)or try a medium or hot standard plug such as novarossi 6 or 5 plug , tames the beast down so it is useable power:nod:

Robert.Hull 10-22-2007 04:21 PM

i have one and lets just say its great when it runs
get a v-sepc cheaper and better at everything overall
just dont get the plus-2 367

Ultraspeed84 10-22-2007 09:32 PM

i got one and love it.. the only problem i have is it flames out after i feel it up in the mains... but i talked with fusionmotorsports and they said its a tunning issue... if i was to buy a new motor id go with a c6bbt... inless i quit having these problems.. if it does it this weekend ill be buying c6bbt...

cota348 10-23-2007 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by houston (Post 3790288)
get the boca 14.5 x 26 mm steel 9 ball bearing as soon as you get any of the plus line of engines , i think that novarossi had a bad batch of bearings from the manufacturer of the bearings . cost for the bearing is about 25 - 30 $ and then you have to find somebody who is experienced to put it in for ya :nod: pm me if interested i am very good with engines :nod:and run houstons engine service here locally in the northwest :nod:
later , houston

novarossi is quite aware of the flame out issue and they are dealing with it for sure:nod: one way to deal with flameout issue is to add one more thin copper shim that comes with the engine to release some compression :D thats what we had to do to truhes engines to get em to run right , after we did that , they were too dam fast , :eek: seriously !!! another thing to do on those is to get rid of the turbo plug and try a medium or hot plug such as novarossi 6 or 5 plug , tames the beast down so it is useable power:nod:

Hi Houston, I sent you a PM

Kane-o 10-23-2007 09:00 PM

You must have had some bad luck. I ran my Hot Mods 367 for a whole weekend on a rushed break-in without any flameout or other issues. Oh the joy of nitro motors.

cota348 10-24-2007 04:54 AM

I believe that Hot Mods replaces the bearing as one of the mods, our is standard not modified.

tim powers 10-29-2007 12:52 PM

my 500 dollar 367 is a flameout hero at about a gallon. using sidewinder30% wc blend. ive added the .1mm head shim and every nova plug from the seven to the 4. only had a little luck with the oddonnell 77 plug.just ordered a picco evo 2. only four more races in my area left and i need to finish one:flaming:

mremtr 10-29-2007 02:33 PM

The 367 is a HEAP ! I have never seen an engine with so many issues !!
I know I have experienced it first hand! I love NovaRossi and run their engines faithfully ,but I won't give that 367 trash can room !!! It is as cantankerous as it can get ! I'm trying to figure one out as I type! Why is this thing eat plugs, have no bottom end, run hot ,then cold ?? I changed out the bearings and found the front one wasted and the rear one had shavings behind it as it was pressed into the block ???? Come on NovaRossi ?:flaming: Maybe this is why Truhe runs P5's now ? What ever he runs I will tell you this , Is SPECIAL NovaRossi WELDS the back plates on so you can't see what has been done with out a serious bunch of trouble !!
Mike's engines were all welded shut this weekend at the Worlds warm up !

tim powers 10-29-2007 06:01 PM

exactly my symptoms ...runs fat till you lean it more ever so slightly till no power and its 322deg:cry:

German Muscle 10-29-2007 07:33 PM

anyone one of you guys want to sell your 367s?

houston 10-29-2007 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by mremtr (Post 3811987)
The 367 is a HEAP ! I have never seen an engine with so many issues !!
I know I have experienced it first hand! I love NovaRossi and run their engines faithfully ,but I won't give that 367 trash can room !!! It is as cantankerous as it can get ! I'm trying to figure one out as I type! Why is this thing eat plugs, have no bottom end, run hot ,then cold ?? I changed out the bearings and found the front one wasted and the rear one had shavings behind it as it was pressed into the block ???? Come on NovaRossi ?:flaming: Maybe this is why Truhe runs P5's now ? What ever he runs I will tell you this , Is SPECIAL NovaRossi WELDS the back plates on so you can't see what has been done with out a serious bunch of trouble !!
Mike's engines were all welded shut this weekend at the Worlds warm up !

mikes engines are straight from italy , and they obviously dont want you to see what they are doin inside !!! i was dealing with his engines at the manufacturers cup in idaho , plus2 367's were running as you guys said =flameouts !! i tuned em in and they would run too f'in fast to drive and if i tuned em so they were driveable , they flamed :weird:headache to say the least . after the first qualifier i ended up letting him run one of my personal engines , plus21-5 ,and jim from fusion gave him a new plus 21-5k to run , mike was happy after we tuned those in , no flameouts after that :) i will figure out how to make the 367 engines run like they are suppose to :nod: the turbo button does make a HUGE difference :nod: novarossi part #nov28002, (there is suppose to be a new underhead #28001 but not out yet ) with either nova 6t, 5t plug or odo77t plug
later ,
monty