R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-01-2007, 03:24 AM   #31
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroboy View Post
you can't purchase the sealed engines anyway they are only for factory drivers not for the public.

do you think the Go techs are any better .they are a direct copy of the plus 21 5t and plus 21 7bt all the parts from go tech fit in these engines do you call that innovation or just plain stupidity and copying of a established brand.
did you looked at the internals that you say that they are a copy? i dont think so.

21-7 has 7 intake ports while go 7port has 5 intake ports. copy??
dotan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:40 AM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GenReaper

It has extra boost ports as well the Go Tech. not just 5 and yes they are the same internals. 7 ports and two bypass

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/11847

Go click on the picture and get a calculator cause your wrong dotan23
HPI Baja 5B SS
My videos : http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=genreaper

Last edited by GenReaper; 11-01-2007 at 04:13 AM.
GenReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:25 AM   #33
Tech Apprentice

Now if someone can tell me they tried putting a GO piston and sleeve in their Nova engines and it works fine then I will rebuild my 367 with go parts.
agent 007.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:35 AM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

YOU CAN NOT USE GO TECH STUFF IN A 367 ! You can't use anything from other NovaRossi engines except the con rod and cooling head , oh and the front bearing. Crank is bigger,and piston/sleeve and head button are WAY different.
mremtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:46 AM   #35
Tech Regular

Nitroboy Go has not copied the 21-5 & 21-7 please get your facts straight before making false accusations. Many engine mfgrs. internals are interchangable and also share the same bore and stroke. What Go did is no different than what jammin has done, Yes Go looked to rossi for a starting point, just as jammin looked to kyosho as a starting point. Many Kyosho 7.5 parts are interchangable with jammin, just as many mfgrs. parts are interchangeable. If you can tell me how to make a .21 size engine that is legal by re inventing the wheel and not using any current established numbers please let me know.

Genreaper, Bypass ports and exhaust ports are generally not counted in the port count. The Go is labeled a 5+2 or a 7+2 the +2 is for the bypass. So actually the Go 7port is a 5port engine with 2 bypass ports and a tri exhaust port. while the 5port is a 5port with 2 bypass and 1 exhaust port.

can we please stay on topic and try not to bash other products in a rossi thread.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #36
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket42 View Post
Nitroboy Go has not copied the 21-5 & 21-7 please get your facts straight before making false accusations. Many engine mfgrs. internals are interchangable and also share the same bore and stroke. What Go did is no different than what jammin has done, Yes Go looked to rossi for a starting point, just as jammin looked to kyosho as a starting point. Many Kyosho 7.5 parts are interchangable with jammin, just as many mfgrs. parts are interchangeable. If you can tell me how to make a .21 size engine that is legal by re inventing the wheel and not using any current established numbers please let me know.

Genreaper, Bypass ports and exhaust ports are generally not counted in the port count. The Go is labeled a 5+2 or a 7+2 the +2 is for the bypass. So actually the Go 7port is a 5port engine with 2 bypass ports and a tri exhaust port. while the 5port is a 5port with 2 bypass and 1 exhaust port.

can we please stay on topic and try not to bash other products in a rossi thread.

I understand rocket you are the distributor of the go engines and i understand you must protect your investment not a problem .

but there is guys that are using go tech parts and i mean piston ,sleeve ,conrod ,crank etc in their plus 21 5 .even though the go tech parts dont last long in wear and tear the parts still work well in the plus 21 5.

then if thats not a direct copy apart from different colour head etc then i must be living in a different world .

come on who are we kidding here.
Nitroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:06 PM   #37
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
I understand rocket you are the distributor of the go engines and i understand you must protect your investment not a problem .

but there is guys that are using go tech parts and i mean piston ,sleeve ,conrod ,crank etc in their plus 21 5 .even though the go tech parts dont last long in wear and tear the parts still work well in the plus 21 5.

then if thats not a direct copy apart from different colour head etc then i must be living in a different world .

Novarossi crank/rod/piston/sleeve also fit int a STS mtor as well...... alot of Nova cranks witll also fit Picco's.... You will find that most motors share very standardized dimensions and lots of motors parts inerchage.......

And if the Go 21 5 port is a copy of a P5 then they at least picked a very good motor to copy, and onthe dyno I beleive the Go pumps out more HP...the Go 7 port also outpulls the Nova 21-7... Anyways not trying to fan the fires !!!!!
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

Quote:

get over it
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #39
Tech Addict

so anyhow. whos ready to see a 367 run on the xdyno?
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

OW OW ME ME lol
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:34 PM   #41
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

nobike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:43 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Muscle View Post
so anyhow. whos ready to see a 367 run on the xdyno?
I'm sure quite a few, but what pipe & header? Stock 9901? Being its a dual on/offroad 3 chamber pipe, I think some other pipes/headers should be thrown in as well.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:30 PM   #43
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
I'm sure quite a few, but what pipe & header? Stock 9901? Being its a dual on/offroad 3 chamber pipe, I think some other pipes/headers should be thrown in as well.
thats the plan man. Definatly ready to buy one cause no one is gonna step up and send theirs in. Looking to get one for less than 400 and has to be in good condition.
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:07 AM   #44
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

nobike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:55 AM   #45
Tech Rookie

Default Novarossi 367 trouble

Hello, I am happy to see that I am not the only one to have trouble with the 367. After 2 gallons, the rear bearing broke apart. I did change it. But from this time I was not able the run the engine for more thant 1 minutes. FLAME OUT than FLAME OUT than FLAME OUT. No more idles. I sent it to Novarossi USA. And still waiting for. Jim from fusion motorsport toll me that I was not the only one to have this problem.

If some one find the way to fix it PLEASE TELL ME.

Luc
Luc252 is offline   Reply With Quote