R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

german muscle u got a email from me on a 367...
Ultraspeed84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:01 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

TNT Mods Plus 21-5K...the best, period. Two races...two A-Main wins. www.tntmods.com
Joey Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:12 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Muscle View Post
anyone one of you guys want to sell your 367s?
Same here! LMK!
Old 10-30-2007, 12:34 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mremtr View Post
The 367 is a HEAP ! I have never seen an engine with so many issues !!
I know I have experienced it first hand! I love NovaRossi and run their engines faithfully ,but I won't give that 367 trash can room !!! It is as cantankerous as it can get ! I'm trying to figure one out as I type! Why is this thing eat plugs, have no bottom end, run hot ,then cold ?? I changed out the bearings and found the front one wasted and the rear one had shavings behind it as it was pressed into the block ???? Come on NovaRossi ? Maybe this is why Truhe runs P5's now ? What ever he runs I will tell you this , Is SPECIAL NovaRossi WELDS the back plates on so you can't see what has been done with out a serious bunch of trouble !!
Mike's engines were all welded shut this weekend at the Worlds warm up !

I read on here the heads need to be shimmed even more and I believe that all of the Novarossi drivers have the engines welded shut.
K.Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:27 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Powell View Post
TNT Mods Plus 21-5K...the best, period. Two races...two A-Main wins. www.tntmods.com
TNT Mods is junk. Thanks for playing.

Im looking for a 367 to put on the X-Dyno. Thats all i want one for.
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:29 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Muscle View Post
TNT Mods is junk. Thanks for playing.

Im looking for a 367 to put on the X-Dyno. Thats all i want one for.
Dam some one please give the man an engine quick i wanna see the results
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:35 PM   #22
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
mikes engines are straight from italy , and they obviously dont want you to see what they are doin inside !!! i was dealing with his engines at the manufacturers cup in idaho , plus2 367's were running as you guys said =flameouts !! i tuned em in and they would run too f'in fast to drive and if i tuned em so they were driveable , they flamed headache to say the least . after the first qualifier i ended up letting him run one of my personal engines , plus21-5 ,and jim from fusion gave him a new plus 21-5k to run , mike was happy after we tuned those in , no flameouts after that i will figure out how to make the 367 engines run like they are suppose to the turbo button does make a HUGE difference novarossi part #nov28002, (there is suppose to be a new underhead #28001 but not out yet ) with either nova 6t, 5t plug or odo77t plug
later ,
monty
Hi guys

Ive been reading this thread for quite a while now and have noticed alot of speculation about whats inside these engines that are blocked off on the end plate .

Believe me there is no secrets the only reason why Novarossi has blocked the end plate is to stop their factory drivers from modifying their engines and having them fail at the tracks and making the product look bad all the time .

This end plate blocking was caused by two of their on road drivers in a country i wont mention who constantly modified the engines they were sent and had them fail time after time at major meetings making the nova brand really look bad to the public .So Novarossi decided to block the end plate this way they couldn't be modified.Alot of people speculate that these engines are illegal and that they are produced with holes in the pistons which would advance the port timing etc etc and thats why they are blocked at the end plate which is also untrue .This is the most rediculous thing i have ever heard.Why would a company with such an honest reputation do something like that doesn't make sense thats why it's very untrue

Novarossi engines do not need modifying and if run in the proper way they will last you a very long time .please also remember always use quality fuel .Fuel is a major destroyer of bearings.
Novarossi is a very trusted and reputable company who is a very big player in this business and has a faultless reputation to withold who is also known as the ferarri of the r/c world and has major championships under it's belt from hard work and dedication .

please support the best engine manufacturer in the world they do deserve your respect and your support.
Nitroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:45 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Very nice post. I think people forget how engine issues can be caused by the operator themself due to improper break-in, tuning, etc. My 367 has 1 gallon on it, has never flamed, and like all Nova Rossi motors has ridiculous power at temps of 210-220.
Kane-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:34 PM   #24
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84 View Post
i got one and love it.. the only problem i have is it flames out after i feel it up in the mains... but i talked with fusionmotorsports and they said its a tunning issue... if i was to buy a new motor id go with a c6bbt... inless i quit having these problems.. if it does it this weekend ill be buying c6bbt...
your problem is not tuning it's probably because you rev the engine way to much in the pits during tank fill and your creating air pockets within your fuel line causing the engine to flame .Dont forget you do have the fuel tank lid open when your filling in the pits causing loss of pressure and when you rev the engine more and more while the tank lid is open you lose more pressure thus creating the air pockets .
Old 10-31-2007, 04:45 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane-o View Post
Very nice post. I think people forget how engine issues can be caused by the operator themself due to improper break-in, tuning, etc. My 367 has 1 gallon on it, has never flamed, and like all Nova Rossi motors has ridiculous power at temps of 210-220.
Your engine only has a gallon on it ! It's not even run in yet !
I have 2 NovaRossi's in my stable right now that are simply bullet proof!! One is a 2001 CLB 4N and the other is a 421B both are INCREDIBLE , totally dependable and get 7 plus minutes a tank with ease and BOTH HAVE WAY OVER 12 gallons of fuel through them a peice !! I have tried P5's of all sorts and nothing comes close to these 2 so I keep going back to them . The 367 will get figured out ,but it will take time. I have run both onroad and plenty of offroad so I know the difference and looking at the internals of the 367 ,they are in line with an onroad engine ,there are 11 ports in the sleeve!! So what do you think is going to happen ...... No bottom end or a serious amount of tuning to get it there !! Clutching piping , restrictors you name it you will need to try it . I like my 421 and CLB4N .... set it and forget it !!
mremtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:13 PM   #26
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

nitro boy is probably right about the team drivers modifying their engines , havent heard of that to date , but i dont race onroad . i have ran novarossi for 5 years and currently have about 12 killer engines of all different types for different tracks . novarossi = quality, and remember nitro is not plug and play , it requires alot of hard work and knowledge . there is usually somebody very knowedgeable in your area that can help you hands on with your nitro engines so pay attention and dont be afraid to ask questions !! remember fuel makes power not air
later ,
monty
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:58 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

In Skinny's Losi eight race roller test he said the 21-5 flamed when they fueled it. Look at his settings for the motor, bottom end was to rich and top to lean. On amainhobbies.com forums there is a engine tuning guide by Ron Paris explaining why some people think they have a motor tuned correctly but it's not.

I work on motors for local racers, replaced 2 rear bearings this year. One on a v-spec and one on a Picco. All my Nova's have original rear bearings.

mremtr, My son loves his 421b also, he likes it better than his 21-5. He should be in the new Xtreme mag in the X-games report. (Kendall Welch)

Rex
22Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:11 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Racer View Post
In Skinny's Losi eight race roller test he said the 21-5 flamed when they fueled it. Look at his settings for the motor, bottom end was to rich and top to lean. On amainhobbies.com forums there is a engine tuning guide by Ron Paris explaining why some people think they have a motor tuned correctly but it's not.

I work on motors for local racers, replaced 2 rear bearings this year. One on a v-spec and one on a Picco. All my Nova's have original rear bearings.

mremtr, My son loves his 421b also, he likes it better than his 21-5. He should be in the new Xtreme mag in the X-games report. (Kendall Welch)

Rex
the Novarossi 421B makes around 1.7HP stock on the xdyno as compared to the 21-5's 1.5HP on a good day. It should be alot faster
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:30 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to GenReaper

German Muscle check your PM matey.

I would never buy a sealed motor especialy one that flames out like some $2 hooker.
HPI Baja 5B SS
My videos : http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=genreaper
GenReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:17 AM   #30
Tech Rookie

you can't purchase the sealed engines anyway they are only for factory drivers not for the public.

do you think the Go techs are any better .they are a direct copy of the plus 21 5t and plus 21 7bt all the parts from go tech fit in these engines do you call that innovation or just plain stupidity and copying of a established brand.