R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default My Losi 8

Hi Guys,

From the other side of the pond thought id join up and say hello great place here with lots of info im very impressed. Also thought id share a few pics of my losi 8 i run. Been getting some very good results with it, ran it at the Novarossi gp which was superb, also was lucky enough to watch adam drake drive different class i have to say!!

Its had a few tweaks here and there on it,

Ive put some lockdown nuts on it, better than threadlock imo they havent worked loose in 4 race days, plus they dont make a mess

Gmk cvd condoms was told these were a good idea as the pins can come loose happy so far with them

Also a new shell

Went full hog in the motor department got a v spec with matching os 2060 pipe, Although after today im fearing the worst a few people have said the bearings sounded iffy and that i should check them any idea on the best way to do this?

Anyways i look forward to looking around the forum and learning lots more about this super hobby
Megacrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

you need to bend the body clip holding down your battery cover, because it is wearing out your cvd condom. This happoned to mine, so I had to get new ones.....
http://stevejavorsky.zenfolio.com
More and More its BEARDMORE !!!!!!! (Thanks Todd)
SteveJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:21 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJa View Post
you need to bend the body clip holding down your battery cover, because it is wearing out your cvd condom. This happoned to mine, so I had to get new ones.....
Cheers Mate, i would never have noticed that if you didnt point it out
Megacrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:20 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

When the engine is running put the car on your starter box or a car stand and spray motor cleaner behind the flywheel on to the front bearing.If it dies instantly you need a new front bearing.The engine will die once sprayed but if it dies instantly you need a new front bearing.
rossoh10 is offline   Reply With Quote